Off Topic Messages

Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:14 am

Full story here

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment ... d=10763106

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:29 am

Doesn't that usually happen well before 17?

Anyways, you misspelled his name, forgot an apostrophe, and the title is grossly inappropriate for a forum preview.

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 am

The kid looked about 12 at 15, so no surprise that things were happening a little late.

Just heard his Christmas song "Mistletoe" and there's some pretty horrific autotune going on there. It's too bad that the autotune technology is polluting the majority of pop records these days. Even those who can sing are given the helping hand and it ends up sounding unnatural.

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:49 am

That autotune thing is the most evil piece of technology EVER. In world history.

I was so shocked when I saw a demonstration. EVIL!

rjm

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:01 am

No one should buy that trash. Not even as a gift.

There is so much WONDERFUL Christmas music!
Last year, near midnight, with the lights dimmed, I played the old J5 Christmas album. When Little Michael took those pretty solo turns on sentimental tunes, I would start bawling my eyes out.

With so much wonderful holiday music, why would people buy these garbage acts like Beiber?

rjm

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:41 pm

There has been stars like Bieber for the teen audience for the last 70 years, and he is no better or worse than those that have gone before him. Everyone uses autotune these days; like it or lump it, it's here to stay. And there is plenty of footage on youtube of a young pre-fame Bieber singing at home without the benefit of autotune, which demonstrates he can sing and do so in tune.

There was a similar backlash when microphones started being used in concert performances. Singers no longer had to fill vast halls solely through their voice, but had electronic means of doing so - traditionalists were shocked. It was a form of cheating. The same was said when bands started recording their tracks individually instead of as one group. First its the drums, then a guitar, then something else etc. Again its a form of cheating if you are a traditionalist. The same can be said for people who record their songs one line at a time - or even Elvis doing a WP to correct a mistake.

Through all the scare-mongering press about autotune, it is easy to forget that it is not only used to tune people's out of tune vocals, but also to create specific sounds for the vocal - which is how it is used on Mistletoe, and to greater extremes on Britney Spears Womanizer and Cher's Believe among others. It is simply a case of people using modern technology to come up with the sound they want.

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:42 pm

ECC83 wrote:Doesn't that usually happen well before 17?

Anyways, you misspelled his name, forgot an apostrophe, and the title is grossly inappropriate for a forum preview.


Are you really that easily shocked? Hate to think what happens when you come across the outtakes of Hurt or Only the Strong Survive!

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Image

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
ECC83 wrote:Doesn't that usually happen well before 17?

Anyways, you misspelled his name, forgot an apostrophe, and the title is grossly inappropriate for a forum preview.


Are you really that easily shocked? Hate to think what happens when you come across the outtakes of Hurt or Only the Strong Survive!


I'm not remotely shocked, I just think that in different settings people should act in a certain way. Why, would you like me to act like how I act with my mates? You'd be asking me something more along the lines of "why are you so shocking?" :lol:

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:19 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Through all the scare-mongering press about autotune, it is easy to forget that it is not only used to tune people's out of tune vocals, but also to create specific sounds for the vocal - which is how it is used on Mistletoe, and to greater extremes on Britney Spears Womanizer and Cher's Believe among others. It is simply a case of people using modern technology to come up with the sound they want.


It's not scaremongering. Autotune is so prevalent that you are lucky to find a pop record these days where it hasn't been used either to ensure the singer is in tune or to create an effect. Of course it's a matter of opinion and taste, but I find it really tedious and annoying.

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:58 pm

TJ wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Through all the scare-mongering press about autotune, it is easy to forget that it is not only used to tune people's out of tune vocals, but also to create specific sounds for the vocal - which is how it is used on Mistletoe, and to greater extremes on Britney Spears Womanizer and Cher's Believe among others. It is simply a case of people using modern technology to come up with the sound they want.


It's not scaremongering. Autotune is so prevalent that you are lucky to find a pop record these days where it hasn't been used either to ensure the singer is in tune or to create an effect. Of course it's a matter of opinion and taste, but I find it really tedious and annoying.


Sorry, I was actually referring to rjms level-headed comments:

"That autotune thing is the most evil piece of technology EVER. In world history.
I was so shocked when I saw a demonstration. EVIL!"

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
It is simply a case of people using modern technology to come up with the sound they want.


Yeah, sure...

As for Justin Beeber...you can´t polish a turd!!!

Sincerely MB280E

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:30 am

MB280E wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
It is simply a case of people using modern technology to come up with the sound they want.


Yeah, sure...

As for Justin Beeber...you can´t polish a turd!!!

Sincerely MB280E


While I am no fan (and at 37 that would just be kinda pervy!), I think to disregard someone like Bieber and refer to him as a "turd" is both a mistake, and pretty low. While he is not everyone's cup of tea (nor is he intended to be), he can at least put over a tune and from the few performances I have come across on TV he is also a fine performer. To add to that, the pre-fame you tube performances suggest that his talent is considerably stronger than his series of recordings suggest. Many modern performers are given short shrift on here (Lady Gaga came in for quite a slating recently), and I'm not sure why. They are never going to change popular culture forever in the way that Elvis did, but Gaga is a fine singer and performer, and both she and Bieber (from what I have seen) are particularly good at what they do and for the audiences they are intended for.

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:44 am

poormadpeter wrote:Sorry, I was actually referring to rjms level-headed comments:

"That autotune thing is the most evil piece of technology EVER. In world history.
I was so shocked when I saw a demonstration. EVIL!"



Who ever said I was level-headed? {LMAO!!}

rjm
P.S. The kid sings at home? Wonderful.
THEN HE SHOULD SING AT HOME.

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:26 am

rjm wrote:P.S. The kid sings at home? Wonderful.
THEN HE SHOULD SING AT HOME.


Many said the same about Elvis!

But seriously, there's room out there for everyone. If you don't like someone, don't listen to them. Easy as that. He's hardly going to bring about the end of mankind by crooning a few love songs to adoring 15 year old girls, now is he?

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:50 am

poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:P.S. The kid sings at home? Wonderful.
THEN HE SHOULD SING AT HOME.


Many said the same about Elvis!

But seriously, there's room out there for everyone. If you don't like someone, don't listen to them. Easy as that. He's hardly going to bring about the end of mankind by crooning a few love songs to adoring 15 year old girls, now is he?


True. If Fabian, David Cassidy, Shaun Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, and Donny haven't already done so, I guess we're safe. But Have Mercy!

rjm

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:31 am

rjm wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:P.S. The kid sings at home? Wonderful.
THEN HE SHOULD SING AT HOME.


Many said the same about Elvis!

But seriously, there's room out there for everyone. If you don't like someone, don't listen to them. Easy as that. He's hardly going to bring about the end of mankind by crooning a few love songs to adoring 15 year old girls, now is he?


True. If Fabian, David Cassidy, Shaun Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, and Donny haven't already done so, I guess we're safe. But Have Mercy!

rjm


Well Cassidy gave us the wonderful "I Think I Love You", for which we should be thankful. One hell of a catchy tune!

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:41 am

poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:P.S. The kid sings at home? Wonderful.
THEN HE SHOULD SING AT HOME.


Many said the same about Elvis!

But seriously, there's room out there for everyone. If you don't like someone, don't listen to them. Easy as that. He's hardly going to bring about the end of mankind by crooning a few love songs to adoring 15 year old girls, now is he?


True. If Fabian, David Cassidy, Shaun Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, and Donny haven't already done so, I guess we're safe. But Have Mercy!

rjm


Well Cassidy gave us the wonderful "I Think I Love You", for which we should be thankful. One hell of a catchy tune!


He has given a lot more than that, even song's that Elvis personally liked!!!!! (One song for sure, that I'm shocked the experts didn't pick up on) And David Cassidy actually has "real" talent!! 8)

Re: Justin Beibers Balls Have Dropped

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:34 pm

rjm wrote:That autotune thing is the most evil piece of technology EVER. In world history.

I was so shocked when I saw a demonstration. EVIL!

rjm


Yep,no 1 ahead of the Atom bomb,landmines and Napalm.

norrie

(I know it was toungue in cheek RJM)