Off Topic Messages

`Living Legend'

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:12 pm

Thought you might like to see these - two US posters for the Ginger Alden/Earl Owensby film `Living Legend' that I added to my poster collection.
Now I wonder who `Eli' was supposed to resemble!
I'm pretty sure Roy Orbison did the soundtrack, or parts of it, but that isn't mentioned on the posters.

Re: `Living Legend'

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:27 pm

It says on the poster "Original sound track by Roy Orbison".

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 pm

Has anyone here actually seen this film? I was under the impression it never got past the concept stage,

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Elvisjock -
North Carolina producer/actor/director Earl Owensby's films were marketed/distributed primarily to the southern drive-in circuit.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:12 am

Scarre wrote:It says on the poster "Original sound track by Roy Orbison".

Well I missed that, big print and all! :oops:
I recall the film was pretty bad - the posters aren't much better either but they add to my collection.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:28 am

Did Jo Alden get a credit as "Technical Advisor?" :)

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:51 am

It's OK for a grade b drive in type of film. Ginger looks pretty in it. Earl is the hairest guy I ever saw though. Gave me nightmare's for weeks!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Mike Eder wrote:It's OK for a grade b drive in type of film. Ginger looks pretty in it. Earl is the hairest guy I ever saw though. Gave me nightmare's for weeks!

Seeing Ginger gave me sleepless nights for weeks. :smt005
No wonder Elvis was crazy about her. What a goodlooking woman. Prettier than Ann-Margret and Priscilla together. :wink: