Off Topic Messages

He's a nice guy, but he's got to go...

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 am

That's what the Republican hopefuls think of Mr. Barack Obama. What do our friends across the pond think? You have the vote...

Re: He's a nice guy, but he's got to go...

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:20 am

BTW ... I'm not talking about the Doc! :wink:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 am

Delboy wrote:That's what the Republican hopefuls think of Mr. Barack Obama. What do our friends across the pond think? You have the vote...

They're a sorry bunch.

Not one Republican candidate comes within a mile of challenging President Obama in any respect, thank God.

And may God Bless America!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 am

Delboy wrote:What do our friends across the pond think?

phpBB [video]

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Delboy wrote:That's what the Republican hopefuls think of Mr. Barack Obama. What do our friends across the pond think? You have the vote...

It would be more respectful to address him as President Barack Obama in the near future.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 pm

It would be respectful for yanks to bow to the Queen of England but they don't have to.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:.... President Obama ....

That's an oxymoron.
America can't be blessed by God as long as Obama is president. He's not a Christian.

God won't be and can't be fooled by his foolish antics. Indeed, he's got to go!

::rocks

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 am

chevyford wrote:

That's an oxymoron.
America can't be blessed by God as long as Obama is president. He's not a Christian.

Amen 2 that!

Scott N Georgia

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:05 am

chevyford wrote:

That's an oxymoron.

Oh, there's a moron here, no doubt.

Methinks God doesn't restrict blessings based on any one man's personal beliefs.

Otherwise we'd have all been condemned to hell during Bush Jr's heinous administration.

In addition, get some education on our 44th president before you start hurling nonsense.

In an interview with the evangelical periodical Christianity Today, Obama stated: "I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

On September 27, 2010, Obama released a statement commenting on his religious views saying "I'm a Christian by choice. My family didn't—frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn't raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead—being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me."

After a prolonged effort to find a church to attend regularly in Washington, Obama announced in June 2009 that his primary place of worship would be the Evergreen Chapel at Camp David.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#Religious_views

God bless our 44th President, Barack H. Obama!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:24 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
chevyford wrote:

That's an oxymoron.

Oh, there's a moron here, no doubt.

Yes, he lives in the White House.

Obama is a follower of the likes of Jeremiah Wright and Karl Marx, not Jesus Christ.
He can call himself a Christian all he wants, but ... I repeat ...
God won't be and can't be fooled by him.

Dr. Carpenter, please don't be a wolf that desires to crucify me.
smt179 I'm just a messenger like Mr. Cash was ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIV_ymx0qRU

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:28 am

You're not a messenger, you're a cipher.

You should consider how you will deal with President Barack Obama in the White House until January 2017.

Obviously, for you, it will be rough. For the rest of the country, and the world, it will be a godsend.

God bless our President! Elvis Presley would have LOVED him.

:) :) :) :)

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:You should consider how you will deal with President Barack Obama in the White House until January 2017.

Obviously, for you, it will be rough. For the rest of the country, and the world, it will be a godsend.

One of your best qualities, Dr. John Carpenter, is how you can make people laugh! smt174
I love you your sense of humor. :smt055

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 am

I hope he gets a little more aggressive about what he said and pushes it. This is not an easy job.
And D.C. is not Hawaii. You know if you throwa seed on the big island, it just grows. In D.C. the ground is hardscrabble. You gotta learn to FIGHT! Well he needs to do that.

JFK was accused of abusing executive fiat. But things got done with a somewhat hostile congress.

Go for it Mr. President!

rjm

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 pm

rjm wrote:Go for it Mr. President!

Go for what? ... more debt in order to weaken the U.S. dollar even more?!

carolynlm wrote:I find it difficult to follow the American politics, as would any American find it difficult to follow ours

You should've stopped right there.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:18 am

carolynlm wrote:
chevyford wrote:

carolynlm wrote:I find it difficult to follow the American politics, as would any American find it difficult to follow ours

No, why should I.......I have a right to voice my opinion...and if you read it correctly, I wasn't voicing my OWN opinion of the politics, but of the man himself.
I can AND WILL voice MY OWN OPINION on anything that is written on this board if I so choose, so you can bugger off.

Go get 'em, Carolyn! :)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:09 am

SOME people wish to shut up other people. You know who you are. The President must be a brave and great man to even try in this atmophere.

And in NO way does he subscribe to Karl Marx. And can you, off the top of your head, even tell me who Marx was and describe his theories? And then tell me how Obama compares. Ignorance is not bliss. No offence intended but do your homework.

rjm

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:30 am

carolynlm wrote:
chevyford wrote:

No, why should I.......I have a right to voice my opinion...and if you read it correctly, I wasn't voicing my OWN opinion of the politics, but of the man himself.
I can AND WILL voice MY OWN OPINION on anything that is written on this board if I so choose, so you can bugger off.

Wow. Please don't burst a blood vessel, sweetheart.
You have all the right in the world to voice your opinion. I never said you didn't.
You're kinda' sexy when you're mad! :D :smt007 I like that! 8)

rjm wrote:SOME people wish to shut up other people. You know who you are. The President must be a brave and great man to even try in this atmophere. And in NO way does he subscribe to Karl Marx. And can you, off the top of your head, even tell me who Marx was and describe his theories? And then tell me how Obama compares. Ignorance is not bliss. No offence intended but do your homework.

You are almost as humorous as drjohncarpenter! :lol:
Obama is simply power hungry with a typical Democratic Party liberal agenda and has an overwhelming desire to be a career politician to keep from getting a real job.

"Brave and great"?! smt174 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6TcpfBHlbs

I've done my homework concerning Karl Marx, Jeremiah Wright, and your guy, Obama, rjm.
There ain't nothin' like a song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX7KD7i9Pnk

chevyford :cheers:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:51 am

Humorous indeed. The question was not answered but since you called the Prez a career pol. perhaps you KNOW that he's no Marxist. Obama is not a radical social phiosopher. Or any kind of philosopher. Not his bag cause he is into electoral polotics. He's just a liberal pol.

So relax.

rjm

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:56 am

Wright is a preacher. Marx was a stone atheist!
His pops was a converted Lutheran but young Karl was revolted by religion.

rjm

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:32 am

"My Guy"? Great idea for a campaign song!

rjm

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:43 am

rjm wrote:Wright is a preacher.

A preacher of what exactly?

:smt006 Good night all. I'm sleepy and gotta' go to bed. Everybody have a great weekend!

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:50 am

Something we can agree on.
I wanna go somewhere to relax cause one can only take SO many exploitations of 9/11.

rjm
P.S. Kindle will be with me.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 am

Article VI paragraph three US Constitution: "no religious test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

Reverend Wright???? You gotta be kidding me.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 am

Anybody can call themself a preacher. He is basically a jerk.

rjm

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:30 pm

rjm wrote:Something we can agree on.
I wanna go somewhere to relax cause one can only take SO many exploitations of 9/11.

That's right, rjm! Thanks for that.
It's sad and depressing for me to relive that tragedy over-and-over.

I think I'll go to church (I need it), take my dog for a long walk, then listen to some good ol' Elvis music on Sunday! :smt020

:smt006 Hope everybody has a safe and pleasant weekend!

chevyford