Off Topic Messages

DVD Recordable?

Mon May 05, 2003 7:13 am

Could someone advice on Stand alone DVD recorders and PC DVD recorders..
Give me the pros and cons and what you think is the best..
Thanks for any help..

Mon May 05, 2003 9:12 am

I have a pioneer DVD recorder(Stand alone). It does a pretty good job. I haven't had a lot of experience with other brands. I believe the best DVD recorder is still to be released. I think it was released in japan in May. It is the Blu Ray system. I will get one of these when it is released here in Australia. It will play normal DVDs as well as blu ray dvds.

Mon May 05, 2003 11:24 am

Hi Carolyn, When I bought mine it was $2,500. They have come down a bit since then, and are under the $2,000 mark. I think Philips is bringing out an even cheaper version.
You can buy discs that record once or discs that can re-record.
They are easy to use except my wife doesn't understand that when you stop at a certain point when playing back you don't rercord from there but make another chapter.
:lol:

P.S. when recording something to keep It's easy to Edit out stuff (comercials etc.)

Wed May 07, 2003 3:32 am

Sam what is the Blu Ray system you speak of??
Is this a whole new formate???I'm lost on that one..

Wed May 07, 2003 4:43 am

The Blu Ray is the next system coming out. Much more improved over the dvd's we have now. It uses a Blue Ray instead of Red. I think it is now available in Japan or will be soon. The discs come in a caddy so they will be protected from scratches and fingerprints etc. and will be able to hold much more info etc.
Try this link

http://www.matsushita.co.jp/corp/news/o ... 219-4.html

:D

Wed May 07, 2003 4:49 am

As usual with new technology these machines will be quite expensive for the first couple of years. :cry: