Off Topic Messages

Re: I am so happy to have my hobby....Elvis

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 am

donjon wrote:Be strong and positive u can beat

I try all I can to be strong and I`m sure I can beat.......
I stay positive even though it`s really hard sometimes due to illness from the chemo, I got ONLY 2 of them left 8) , last one is due october 3 and I can`t wait to get it all over with....pyw.....After that I still need rays every day for a month, but hope for it to be kind to me :)
Some of the things that helps me looking forward is as today when my sister and I was booking flights and hotels for London Elvis in concerts 16 and 17 march, so now I have concerts tickets, flight tickets and hotel stays all ready for the trip......what a great feeling that is, and I almost can`t wait. March is a long time from now it seems, but I`ll be fighting to be fit when the time comes.

We got 2 hotels near by both The 02 Arena and Wembley, just a 10 min walk away each venue so that`s great(Expensive though :lol: , but I don`t care. I never in my life spend that kind of money on something like this, so now is the time......Now or never :wink: )

Before I got sick (This time), my plan was to go to Memphis in january 2012(My 50 birthday) and I still hope for me to be fit by then, but time will show if I`ll make it in time and if the fan-tour from Denmark will be at all. This year the Danish fanclub august tour has been delayed to mid september, so what will happen to the january tour i don`t know yet. Anyway, I`m still looking forward to go to Memphis.......as soon as possible :smt007

TLC
Elvisa

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi Elvisa!
I hope you´re getting better each day, so you ca do that Memphis trip. Never been there, but one day I will.
When you´re recovered, will it be a "Gammeldansk"??? (Strong danish "spiritus") :D

Best wishes!

Björn

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 am

Hi Elvisa

I am sorry to hear about your health condition, but do not give up! Remain positive. I join all from this board who will uphold you in prayer daily. I am also hoping your trip Memphis is able to happen in January. While Graceland is awesome, the city of Memphis itself is exciting. I do agree, that Elvis' music does seem to have a claming effect. Keep the faith!!

rlj

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:31 am

I too am hoping to get to Memphis next year, my health permitting. Would like to meet you and share "war stories"!

In any event, when your appetite returns, remember the best barbecue in the world awaits.

And the best music. It'll be fun.

Meanwhile, hold onto your own obvious strength.

My sincere best wishes,
rjm

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:21 am

elvisa wrote:
donjon wrote:Be strong and positive u can beat

I try all I can to be strong and I`m sure I can beat.......
I stay positive even though it`s really hard sometimes due to illness from the chemo, I got ONLY 2 of them left 8) , last one is due october 3 and I can`t wait to get it all over with....pyw.....After that I still need rays every day for a month, but hope for it to be kind to me :)
Some of the things that helps me looking forward is as today when my sister and I was booking flights and hotels for London Elvis in concerts 16 and 17 march, so now I have concerts tickets, flight tickets and hotel stays all ready for the trip......what a great feeling that is, and I almost can`t wait. March is a long time from now it seems, but I`ll be fighting to be fit when the time comes.

We got 2 hotels near by both The 02 Arena and Wembley, just a 10 min walk away each venue so that`s great(Expensive though :lol: , but I don`t care. I never in my life spend that kind of money on something like this, so now is the time......Now or never :wink: )

Before I got sick (This time), my plan was to go to Memphis in january 2012(My 50 birthday) and I still hope for me to be fit by then, but time will show if I`ll make it in time and if the fan-tour from Denmark will be at all. This year the Danish fanclub august tour has been delayed to mid september, so what will happen to the january tour i don`t know yet. Anyway, I`m still looking forward to go to Memphis.......as soon as possible :smt007

TLC
Elvisa

Dear Elvisa,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. If i am not mistaken you had your last chemo by now. How did it work out? Did everything go well? Keep on fighting and i am rooting for you to celebrate your 50th in Memphis!

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:02 am

dreambear wrote:Hi Elvisa!
I hope you´re getting better each day, so you ca do that Memphis trip. Never been there, but one day I will.
When you´re recovered, will it be a "Gammeldansk"??? (Strong danish "spiritus") :D

Best wishes!

Björn

rlj4ep wrote:Hi Elvisa

I am sorry to hear about your health condition, but do not give up! Remain positive. I join all from this board who will uphold you in prayer daily. I am also hoping your trip Memphis is able to happen in January. While Graceland is awesome, the city of Memphis itself is exciting. I do agree, that Elvis' music does seem to have a claming effect. Keep the faith!!

rlj

rjm wrote:I too am hoping to get to Memphis next year, my health permitting. Would like to meet you and share "war stories"!

In any event, when your appetite returns, remember the best barbecue in the world awaits.

And the best music. It'll be fun.

Meanwhile, hold onto your own obvious strength.

My sincere best wishes,
rjm

epf wrote:
Dear Elvisa,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. If i am not mistaken you had your last chemo by now. How did it work out? Did everything go well? Keep on fighting and i am rooting for you to celebrate your 50th in Memphis!

Hi Bjorn, rlj, rjm, and epf, thanks a lot for your support :smt006 , To be honest, Right now I don`t feel any better, I feel even worse. Almost 3 weeks since I had my last chemo and I must say it really has been hard to recover from, but I`m looking forward to get back in shape during the next weeks. I was told not to feel sad if it takes months to get back in shape, sometimes it can take ½ - 1 year to fully recover :shock: (I will work my way up as fast as I can and hope my gym will help me)
Next week I will start be getting rays every day for 6 weeks :roll: ......6 weeks away from home, only free during the weekends. Hope I don`t get too much burned...... :|

Sadly I will not be ready for Memphis this january, but will have to wait till I`m 100% fit.

"GammelDansk"(Old Danish) :lol: , I think not, even that I do feel old right now :wink: , It`s not my kind of taste. I don`t like strong alcohol.

Memphis will have to wait a little while, but I will be ready for EIC London in March, it is all payed for, so I has to be and I am very much looking forward to it.

TLC
Elvisa

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey Vinni
good to hear you again
i was away for the weekend
you have to take it day by day now
every step is one closer
mayby i see you again next august in Memphis
big kiss from Belgium
sylvain

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 am

sylvain wrote:Hey Vinni
good to hear you again
every step is one closer
big kiss from Belgium
sylvain

Thank you Sylvain.......big kiss back to you

I sure take day by day, now I`m half way through the rays......ONLY 3 weeks left and hopefully cured. I`m home now for the weekend and enjoy it, but I also know that when Monday comes......I don`t want to go back to the hospital :( , but I have to.
Till now I only feel a little hurt from the rays.......nothing bad, ....hope it`ll stay that way.

TLC
Elvisa

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:32 am

Elvisa
So glad you will have an opportunity to enjoy some time at home this weekend. Even though Monday is coming as you said, it is one day closer to hopefully that "cure" you are seeking. I am praying for you as I am sure so many others from all over the world are. Don't give up!

rlj

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:59 pm

elvisa wrote:
sylvain wrote:Hey Vinni
good to hear you again
every step is one closer
big kiss from Belgium
sylvain

Thank you Sylvain.......big kiss back to you

I sure take day by day, now I`m half way through the rays......ONLY 3 weeks left and hopefully cured. I`m home now for the weekend and enjoy it, but I also know that when Monday comes......I don`t want to go back to the hospital :( , but I have to.
Till now I only feel a little hurt from the rays.......nothing bad, ....hope it`ll stay that way.

TLC
Elvisa

We hope and pray that you will be OK
Sylvain

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:00 pm

This Thanksgiving, I will remember to be thankful for YOU! And, of course, thankful for your courage and spirit in knocking this thing to the canvas!

Despite the struggle, or because of it, please have a good autumn harvest time (what we call Thanksgiving).

rjm

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:50 am

Hi again friends, and thanks again for all your great support during the last 9 months or so.....it really has meant a lot to me ::rocks
Today I had my last rays, I`m back home and I`m so releaved that it`s all over and DONE with........Hope and think it really is :D

I do have some pain from a hurt skin right now, but in a month or so it will all be gone.....everything is going to be better day by day.
Now I`m really looking forward to get back to a "Normal" life with work and everything.

This morning the plane from here was canceled in the last minute due to fire from one engine right before take off........uhhh, and next, when I was about to get aboard another plane homebound, it got delayed(1 hour) .....also in the last minute due to engine trouble on the plane, but it got fixed by an engineer while we the passengers were watching and hoped for the best :shock: ......and I`ll tell you that some were quite nervous during the actual flight :wink: , but glad we all made it safe home :D

When I got home I had 2 new FTD`s in my mail.......so now I`ve been listening a bit 8)

And also in my mail were tickets for Elvis in Concert in Copenhagen in March........just 3 days after my return from London where I`m going to see 2 Concerts( 02 Arena and Wembley)........so that`ll be 3 Elvis in Concerts for me in just one week 8) :D
TLC
Elvisa

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 am

Looks like after the bad times you have some good times to look forward to.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:25 pm

This is good news
i'm glad hope to see you at Graceland again (next time the real Graceland ?)
strange things happen with you
i don't know if i already told you but we will be in Memphis august 7 till 18
kiss from Belgium

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:05 am

Well......looking back now, it is now close to one year since I had that dreadful cancer diagnose and .......uhhh, it has been a tough year to have gone through....really. Right now I feel that I`m ok......I`m still awful tired at times, but I`m working as I`ve been doing all the way through as much as have been able to during ups and downs.......feeling unwell a lot due to treatment.

My plan was to go to Memphis in january this year, but I just wasn`t fit to go yet........then my plan was to go to London in march for the Elvis in Concert shows, and I did with my sister.......it was so great.....a joy. The week after I went to Copenhagen with my daughter for the Elvis in concert, and it was even greater......I`m so glad I did all this 8)

Even now after all treatments, No one can tell me that the cancer has really gone, so I need to live all I can now when I have the chance......life is too short to let anything go unattended ..... so my next plan is for sure to go to Memphis January 2013.....I sure hope I`ll make it this time.

To all of you out there........Do anything you really want to while you can.........don`t save for tomorrow....it might be to late.....you`ll never know.

TLC
Elvisa

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:42 am

Thanks for the update, Elvisa. Don't give up!! Keep positive. I am so glad you had the opportunity to attend the show in London and Copenhagen. I'm sure it was thrilling for you, especially being able to share those moments with your sister and daughter! I am remembering you in prayer here in the US.

rlj

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 am

I second that: don't give up! Keep as positive as you can: many think it really helps. We're all praying for you . . . so keep up the good fight! The fight may not be over, but you're winning! :smt006

rjm

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks for your kind words :smt006

I`d like to share some of my pics from London and Copenhagen during my trips to see Elvis in Concert.....hope you enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 am

Some more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:29 am

More...

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:33 am

Me and my sister around London.....

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:37 am

London

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:00 am

looks like a great trip, hope you enjoyed.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:04 pm

thanks for sharing these with us, great to see that you are doing well

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Thank you so much for sharing the pics!! They are wonderful and I join all of the others here who are so glad you were able to make this trip! I am sure it was so exciting for you.
Remembering you everyday and trusting that you will continue to be well. Remain positive. You are inspiration to so many!!

rlj