http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

dj bobby
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Re: I am so happy to have my hobby....Elvis

Post by dj bobby »

Hi Elvisa,
Just opened this thread.
You know, Elvis once sang "only believe" and whenever something bad happens in my life Elvis' music always helped.
Somehow playing his gospel albums brings me to rest and make me see the light.
Keep the faith, my prayers are with you, and I'm sure all will turn out well.

Phoenix78
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Phoenix78 »

Elvisa, you sound like a STRONG PERSON & I know you are.

If it wasn't for Elvis, I may have lost a few battles along the way. There is a very powerful healing energy about Elvis. Never doubt that.

I've always believed that we have to go thru certain things in life even though we don't understand why at the moment. We'll understand one day that's for sure.

In the mean time, rise above all the mortal maladies that are plaguing u. You're Spiritually stronger than them. Let go & let Your Own Personal God take care of EVERYTHING. You NEVER walk alone Elvisa.

You will be in my thoughts & prayers. Have a BLAST at Graceland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Today's "Science Fiction" is tomorrow's REALITY."
- Myself

Barbie
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by Barbie »

Stay strong and you are in our hearts and minds...........much love and my thoughts are staying positive for you.......................being a devoted Elvis fan will definitely help you through this...................... :wink:

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

My thoughts are with you today Elvisa as you start the chemo. It's very hard i know but when life hits you with things you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy, i always try to look into the future and say "right this very time next year [or whenever] things WILL BE different and better". Stay positive as best you can. X

"When the storms of life are raging, stand by me......"

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

You're included in my prayers .

I know well ( from my family) the scourge that is cancer. May God bless you
In your battle.

Sincerely yours, Greg

Liverbobs
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Liverbobs »

Chin up and fight the disease with all you have, be positive,you will be fine, my prayers and thoughts are with you, God Bless!

"How Do You Expect Me To Soar Like An Eagle When I'm Surrounded By Turkeys? " .Anon.

sylvain
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by sylvain »

hope to get some good news from you soon

JaneTLC
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by JaneTLC »

elvisa - thinking of you and hope all goes for the best xxx

Topic author
elvisa
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by elvisa »

Hi again friends :smt006 , and thanks a million for all kind words. I had my first chemo almost 2 weeks ago and.......I`ve been a bit sick and tired, but now I`m better. I`ve been to work the past week, 4 hours a day and it`s been ok. I still have my hair :D , but the wig is ready when it`s time :? They say between 1 and 2 weeks after the first chemo, most will lose the hair, so I guess I`m lucky that I kept mine as long as I have.

I talked to my sister about whats going on in the Elvis world and told her about the EIC tour in the spring and she was all for that she and I should go to London for 2 concerts :D , so thats what we are going to do.......next after my Memphis trip in january. Life is too short to let it pass behind your back, so catch it when you have the chance......I have a lot of catching up to do :wink:

TLC
Elvisa

P.S. If any of you could recommend a good place to stay in London at a fair price(Not too cheep, but not too expensive either), I would be happy if you would let me know.

" Elvis music is how feelings sound like "

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

elvisa wrote: Sandi was there too, but I`ll never forgive myself, because I brought her book all the way to Randers, but I forgot to bring it to the concert where she was signing her book.......stupid me, I simply left it at the hotel and didn`t have the time to go get it..... :(

Saturday when I was visiting Graceland inside, Sandi was there again, but I didn`t know, so I missed a second opportunity to get her sign because I didn`t bring my book again :roll: .....stupid me.....and I know I`ll maybe never get the chance again.......silly silly me :roll:

TLC
Elvisa
A few days ago I had a letter in my mail send "from Memphis" with Elvis all over it, and guess what :wink: A friend from this forum had contacted Sandi and told her about my story and so she send me a letter with a signed sticker to put in my book and a very nice Elvis and Sandi card 8) ........I`m happy to be an Elvisfan........Thank you Sandi, you made my day :smt006

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

elvisa wrote:
elvisa wrote: Sandi was there too, but I`ll never forgive myself, because I brought her book all the way to Randers, but I forgot to bring it to the concert where she was signing her book.......stupid me, I simply left it at the hotel and didn`t have the time to go get it..... :(

Saturday when I was visiting Graceland inside, Sandi was there again, but I didn`t know, so I missed a second opportunity to get her sign because I didn`t bring my book again :roll: .....stupid me.....and I know I`ll maybe never get the chance again.......silly silly me :roll:

TLC
Elvisa
A few days ago I had a letter in my mail send "from Memphis" with Elvis all over it, and guess what :wink: A friend from this forum had contacted Sandi and told her about my story and so she send me a letter with a signed sticker to put in my book and a very nice Elvis and Sandi card 8) ........I`m happy to be an Elvisfan........Thank you Sandi, you made my day :smt006

:smt023

I will burn a big candle for you next time a come in church.
I will think about you on the 4th of july when you get your next chemo.
Sylvain

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

Thank you Sylvain :smt006 . It went just fine, but I`ve been ohh so tired, even more than the first time and I have now lost my hair.

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 9 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

elvisa wrote:Thank you Sylvain :smt006 . It went just fine, but I`ve been ohh so tired, even more than the first time and I have now lost my hair.
your hair willgrow back,keep getting better xx

-instagram kenh1964

EPA4368
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by EPA4368 »

Stay positive. My aunt went through the same treatment and all her hair grew back. Stay strong. You are in our hearts and on our minds.

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

elvisa wrote:Thank you Sylvain :smt006 . It went just fine, but I`ve been ohh so tired, even more than the first time and I have now lost my hair.

Glad to hear from you.
I hope you get a good rest,
and the hair will grow again.
Hope the bad things are gone now.

epf

Post by epf »

All my best and good luck to you. And LOTS of Elvis' LOVE.

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

Thank you all, your words keeps make me fell a lot better, you have no idea how much it means to me :smt006
keninlincs wrote:
your hair willgrow back,keep getting better xx
Thanks Ken, Yes I know it will, .....BUT :( when I look in the mirror right now .....IT`s NOT me :? I really look sick, even with my wig on......It`s frustrating, it`s like I don`t know who I am some how.......guess I`ll get over it as time goes by.
Some says that my "New hair" looks even better than my own.....lol, but to their defense I has to admit that I truly and absolutely was in need of a haircut before I lost my own, but I just had the "No way" feeling because I knew it was just a matter of time......plane silly, but that was how I felt.

Monday 25 july I will have my third kemo :shock: .......not good, but anyway I can say I will be half the way through and that`s good......so far so good, but I will be more ill again. :|

TLC
Elvisa

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

I always feel so bad when i hear that another Elvis fan is in touble, and it hurts me more when i met them personaly.
I think most of the other Elvis fans feel the same, and we wish you all the best.

George Smith
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by George Smith »

Keep going!

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

Thank you both :smt006 .....I will get through this, I`m sure. This is not for soft people....really....it`s rough, but I`m trying my best to be tough :wink:

" If I can dream"
TLC
Elvisa

Scarre
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Scarre »

All the best to you, elvisa. Stay strong and positive. You will get past this.

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

Hey Vinni
i hope you getting better every day
sylvain

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

Thanks :smt006 Oh well, I´m getting better I hope, but it really is hard to get through that chemo......up and down it goes. Feeling good and next feeling really ill.
I`m now half the way through :) and that`s good to think about......really looking forward to get back to normal life.......sometime :wink:

I don`t have the Complete works, but found it on the tube and while I was too tired to do anything else I have just gone through all the parts, bit by bit during the last week and enjoyed it very much. It was nice to watch, but I have to say that only a few of the greatest parts was new to me..........honestly......we had most of the good stuff on TTWII I & 2, + The lost performances.

TLC
Elvisa

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

donjon wrote:Be strong and positive u can beat
I try all I can to be strong and I`m sure I can beat.......
I stay positive even though it`s really hard sometimes due to illness from the chemo, I got ONLY 2 of them left 8) , last one is due october 3 and I can`t wait to get it all over with....pyw.....After that I still need rays every day for a month, but hope for it to be kind to me :)
Some of the things that helps me looking forward is as today when my sister and I was booking flights and hotels for London Elvis in concerts 16 and 17 march, so now I have concerts tickets, flight tickets and hotel stays all ready for the trip......what a great feeling that is, and I almost can`t wait. March is a long time from now it seems, but I`ll be fighting to be fit when the time comes.

We got 2 hotels near by both The 02 Arena and Wembley, just a 10 min walk away each venue so that`s great(Expensive though :lol: , but I don`t care. I never in my life spend that kind of money on something like this, so now is the time......Now or never :wink: )

Before I got sick (This time), my plan was to go to Memphis in january 2012(My 50 birthday) and I still hope for me to be fit by then, but time will show if I`ll make it in time and if the fan-tour from Denmark will be at all. This year the Danish fanclub august tour has been delayed to mid september, so what will happen to the january tour i don`t know yet. Anyway, I`m still looking forward to go to Memphis.......as soon as possible :smt007

TLC
Elvisa