Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Re: I am so happy to have my hobby....Elvis

Post by EPA4368 »

Stay Positive And Have Faith.

tupelo_boy
Registered for: 21 years

Post by tupelo_boy »

I hope you'll be well enough to get to Memphis in January and August and the following January and as often as you wish.

Take care and get well.

Geoff

tupelo boy

If I could you know that I would fly away with you.

Head of The Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society - Camp Classic Division

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

To 'elvisa' and 'epf' my thoughts go out to you both. Very best wishes and i pray you both return to a good health in the near future. X

Topic author
elvisa
Registered for: 17 years

Post by elvisa »

PEP wrote:I just noticed this thread this morning.
We here at FECC felt this thread deserved to be in the "All Elvis" forum & that it should be set up as a sticky.
Everyone Here on FECC Elvisa is rooting for you and hope all your dreams and goals in life are met.
We know Graceland is not too far away for you and it is going to be a goal that you will reach in seeing in good health !
All the best to you and your family.
Paul tcb & FECC team
Hi PEP, oh my :wink: , I was quite surprised to see that this thread was moved from off-topic, mixed feelings really, but ok, All Elvis is actually a really extra important part of my life right now. From the start I intended it to be a little story about how much a human facing a difficult time can get a lot of comfort in life from a hobby like Elvis. It really does mine :D

Thanks PEP for your nice words and everything.

TLC
Elvisa

" Elvis music is how feelings sound like "

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

Hi everyone :smt006

You all really make me feel a lot better and I truly thank you for all your kind words....thank you all fellow fans from the bottom of my heart.

Today I went to the hospital a week early to get some answers from my recent operation, and it turned out to be not too exiting after all. :( I am better now from the operation, but today they told me that the tests done from the cancer that they removed showed that I still has some cancer in me, and that I will have to have another operation next week.(1 june) :( They still don`t know if they can take just another bite of my breast, or if they will have to take the whole thing away, so now I`m a little "Tired", "Sad", "Confused" about the whole situation :?
I thought that the next thing to be concerned about was the chemo, but ....it wasn`t.....yet.

Listening to Elvis to calm me down a bit.

TLC
Elvisa

P.S.
In all this, one of my 18 years old daughters is planed to move a long way from home in a short time to get further education, and her only regret is that she has to go when I`m not actually doing too well, but I told her that she has to think of her own life and her education as planed. What she then asked me was...."Please make me have some Elvis with me when I go, then I´ll have a listen when I miss you most, because when I listen to anything Elvis, I will feel you with me"
You know, she has always said to me, that when I don`t need my Elvis collection anymore, she will be the one to take care of it because it would remind her and I have promised her that more than once.
I think I don`t need to tell, that I will make sure she get a lot of Elvis in her luggage when she goes, and "The wonder of you" will be there for sure :wink:

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

elvisa-Just remember you have a lot of people on this board holding your hand along the way. Keep the faith!!

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

KEEP FIGHTING LADY ! Keep Your Faith Up.

dreambear
Registered for: 19 years

Post by dreambear »

Hi Elvisa! I feel so ashamed, because I didn´t recognized this topic until today. It´s so sad to hear and I don´t know if this is any help, but my mother had the same disease and had an operation (they removed the whole thing) about 15 years ago and she´s still going strong. I´m a man, but I suspect that there´s also an emotional thing, losing parts or the whole breast.

I want you to know that I´m thinking of you and I wish you all the luck you can get.

Regards from Sweden!
Björn

GregCieslik
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by GregCieslik »

All the best to you. And never give up. Be strong and thing about all the good things still to come in your life.

Good Bless.

Greg

Nora Sivle
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Nora Sivle »

Dear Elvisa, I'm really touched by your story.
And I hope everything will work out fine for you.
It's good to read all these messages from everyone around here, you are in our thoughts,count on that. My Elvis hobby helped me through some rough times also,and it still does after all those years. , Try to stay positive and keep the will to survive,it's one of the strongest medicine around.

Best of wishes to you and your family. Nora Sivle,a.k.a René (El)Vos.

FACT is not everything.....It is only what we can prove......REALITY is everything else.

Steve Morse
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Steve Morse »

Hi Elvisa,

I have been to Graceland twice, in 2000 and in 2005. In 2000, I came back to England with a kind-of 'revelation' in my mind.

I have for a long time had this 'saying' in my mind, too : "Elvis was a flawed human being - welcome to the club, Elvis!" I believe in God, and the revelation that came to me in 2000 was this : that Elvis was put on earth to make people happy. In that respect, he was certainly one of God's big successes !

I lost my wife within a month of her having a breast cancer operation in 1996. She was 45. But that was nearly 15 years ago, and diagnosis and treatment are much advanced since then. I wish you all the best in your recovery and in your goal in reaching the real Graceland. I am sure we all look forward to reading your reports at that time.

Best Wishes,

Steve Morse

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

My very best to you, too. I just opened this thread today, and learned of your condition. Stay strong, and keep fighting! Best wishes...:)

bquick
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by bquick »

Best of luck to you. You have genuinely touched my heart with your story, and I hope for all the best to you. God bless.

Rock Chalk, Jailhouse Rock, KU

Dan The Man
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by Dan The Man »

Hej Elvisa.
Du kommer igennem det her med succes, det er jeg sikker på. jeg ønsker dig alt det bedste i hele verden!!!
Hilsen Dan

If it ain't rock'n'roll... I don't want it!!!

Lennart
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Lennart »

Hej Elvisa!
Fortsätt kämpa, håll humöret uppe och låt Elvis musik och din familj hjälpa dig
igenom denna svåra tid.
You´ll never walk alone!

Lennart

epf

Post by epf »

elvisa wrote:Hi everyone :smt006

You all really make me feel a lot better and I truly thank you for all your kind words....thank you all fellow fans from the bottom of my heart.

Today I went to the hospital a week early to get some answers from my recent operation, and it turned out to be not too exiting after all. :( I am better now from the operation, but today they told me that the tests done from the cancer that they removed showed that I still has some cancer in me, and that I will have to have another operation next week.(1 june) :( They still don`t know if they can take just another bite of my breast, or if they will have to take the whole thing away, so now I`m a little "Tired", "Sad", "Confused" about the whole situation :?
I thought that the next thing to be concerned about was the chemo, but ....it wasn`t.....yet.

TLC
Elvisa

P.S.
In all this, one of my 18 years old daughters is planed to move a long way from home in a short time to get further education, and her only regret is that she has to go when I`m not actually doing too well, but I told her that she has to think of her own life and her education as planed. What she then asked me was...."Please make me have some Elvis with me when I go, then I´ll have a listen when I miss you most, because when I listen to anything Elvis, I will feel you with me"
You know, she has always said to me, that when I don`t need my Elvis collection anymore, she will be the one to take care of it because it would remind her and I have promised her that more than once.
I think I don`t need to tell, that I will make sure she get a lot of Elvis in her luggage when she goes, and "The wonder of you" will be there for sure :wink:

the very fact that you can think like this in the situation you described above speaks volumes about you. Keep up the strong spirit and faith. You continue to be on my mind and and in my thoughts and prayers.

Elvisfan10
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Elvisfan10 »

Stay strong and get better soon!!!!!! ::rocks

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

elvisa wrote:Hi everyone :smt006

TLC
Elvisa

P.S.

you gave the love for Elvis at your daughter that is really wonderful
i will be in Bad Nauheim, Germany for 4 days thursday till sunday but i will be with you in my mind
Hope everything will go the right way after tomorrow

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by rjm »

Elvisa,

Without the music, I don't quite know how I would have traversed the last several years. Elvis's spirit through the music has been like an angel to me.

I trust absolutely that you will have a simliar experience. There are times when we do not imagine how we'll make it through, but with friends, inner strength and our own angel, we do!

You couldn't have a better support system.

rjm
P.S. I went though a similar heart procedure and then more stuff happened. Elvis music always got me through. Just keep walkin' cause you're not alone.

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by elvisjock »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Justin

Post by Justin »

All the best to you elvisa---hoping you make a full recovery soon

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Eddie »

Like some others I too must apologise for not having seen this thread earlier, I sincerely offer you my best wishes and hopes for the future in this journey of yours. I'm thinking of you.

I got you melancholy baby, built like a melon face like a collie.

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

Hi again friends :smt006
This is going to be very short, I am and has been extremely tired after my second surgery, but it went well and I hope to gain some more energy really soon.

Again I most say a big thank you all for bringing me so much comfort ::rocks , and to those of you who apologise and/or are sorry not for applying to this thread sooner, Please don`t be sorry......ok.(I don`t always read or reply to every topic myself)
I`m truly amazed that this topic even has come as far as it has by now, but I need to admit that it really means a lot to me reading all your comforting words.........thank you all.

Next step is to go to the hospital 9 june to get the chemo started.

I`ve got a lot of nice flowers and everything during this, but the best thing I got till now is a small collection of real US $ bilds, my first ever 50 $ right in my hands to get startet for my Memphis trip 8) making my dreams of Memphis actually seams real. Hope to be able to buy a lot of Elvis stuff over there.

I`ve just started listening to this weeks EER to relax to. :D

TLC
Elvisa
Last edited by elvisa on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Good to see you are doing o.k. under the circumstances.
I hope you fully recover and can enjoy Elvis' music for a long, long time.
Keep on rockin'!

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

Just back from my Bad Nauheim, Germany trip.
There's a candle burning for you over there.