Off Topic Messages

I am so happy to have my hobby....Elvis

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:26 am

This week I was diagnosed with breast cancer :( ......only two years ago, I had to go through heart surgery after facing years of heart troubles because of a heart failure from birth.(WPW)......sometimes life feels too rough....really :cry:
When I got hooked on Elvis about 7 years ago, I was a single mother with two girls, 11 years old twins, and had just gone through a "very" rough divorce and things just has been really difficult ever since.
Now my girls are 18 and doing very very well, clever and loving girls they are and it makes me so happy.......
Now, what is making me go on and support my girls and myself is.......Elvis

You know what?, I am so happy to have my hobby "Elvis".....he brings me so much comfort, something else to think about, the music..etc.

Even that I`m facing a breast surgery and chemotherapy during the next many weeks, I`m still looking forward to my first ever Memphis trip in january(My 50`th birthday present to myself) and my visit with friends to the Graceland Randers opening next week.

I`m looking forward to go buying a lot of Elvis items at the same time......FTD`s that I still havn`t got, etc....Sandi is coming to Randers, and I will bring her great book "Raised on Elvis, Elvis,Elvis" that I actually won in a competition here on this board, and will try to get her to sign it.

I do have great family, friends and colleges who support me in a great way all the time, but they also fully understand how much "The Elvis thing" mean to me and that he brings me so much comfort in so many ways.

God bless Elvis 8)
Last edited by elvisa on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: I am so happy to have my hobby....Elvis

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:31 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Elvisa.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:52 am

jbnva58 wrote:My thoughts and prayers go out to you Elvisa.

Thank you jbnva58, it means a lot to me........I can`t hide that I`m a little concerned right now, maybe even a bit afraid ......maybe a lot actually:?
In my country they say, that 75% will live from breast cancer after surgery and chemotheraphy , ....just hope I`m in there even if I has to loose my hair etc. during the treatment . :?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:58 am

elvisa wrote:
jbnva58 wrote:My thoughts and prayers go out to you Elvisa.

Thank you jbnva58, it means a lot to me........I can`t hide that I`m a little concerned right now, maybe even a bit afraid ......maybe a lot actually:?
In my country they say, that 75% will live from breast cancer after surgery and chemotheraphy , ....just hope I`m in there even if I has to loose my hair etc. during the treatment . :?

Most of us (all of us actually)would be concerned and afraid-Im very sorry this has happened to you.
Please keep us updated as time goes on,we love you!
:D

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 am

Thank you :smt006 I will.......during the heart thing two years ago I almost lost my life, but was lucky in the last minute. This time I just hope for the best even if it`s going to be a hard time.........I`ll hold on to Elvis......and the things I`m going to look forward to....Randers, Memphis...etc.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:14 am

Sorry to hear that elvisa. Stay positive and take care.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:42 am

very sorry to hear that elvisa , i will remember you in prayer and i hope everything goes ok as i believe it will , good luck and also enjoy your trip to memphis you will love it , very cool . my god bless you

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:41 am

elvisa, very sorry to hear about your health condition. Hope your treatment goes well. And yes, Elvis is wonderful hobby and passion to have. Glad to hear Elvis brings you comfort. Get well, and take care.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 am

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and you WILL make it. My aunt went through a similar issue with her heart, and then cancer, and she is doing great. Love your daughters, enjoy the music and keep positive. A good attitude is your ally when fighting illness.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:20 am

Life is one big gamble, one bets one's life every day.
I hope you fully recover and can enjoy your Elvis collection for a long time to come.
And see your grandchildren grow up many years from now.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Elvisa, of course today's health care, your positive spirit and Elvis will pull you through.
And I'm sure the kind messages over here will help also..

Wishing you all the best!

Robert..
Last edited by Robert on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:18 pm

Dear Elvisa, ill say a prayer for you and like the other good friends said: stay positive and enjoy every little treasure moments with elvis music, all music you love, Family
god bless you
Sincerely
Lior

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Elvisa I also will say a prayer for you. My mother went through breast cancer a few years ago, she had the surgery, the chemo, the tablets, the lot. Today she is absolutely fine. Keep strong and you will get through too.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Stay strong girl!!!
You can rest asure YOU will be in my thoughts and prayers!
We all share the same hobby!
Thank the Lord for giving us ELvis Presley to enjoy.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Elvisa - you will be just fine. We are all thinking of you and wishing you the best. With Elvis' great music and people who love and care for you, well you really cannot go wrong!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:02 pm

elvisa your in my prayers get well soon.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks so much for all your kind words, I will keep them all in my memory and remember when listening to Elvis during this (Till now) worst :shock: time in my life.
I will try to update along the way how things are going.
What I know now is that I`m going to have some further tests done during the week to come and after that, the operation will be done no longer than two weeks from now.

Love to you all
Elvisa

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am

Wishing you all the best, Elvisa.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:46 am

Thank you so much george.

I was just about to post my favorite tune as it is right now. I have never been good at asking for help in personal matters, but this time I really feel different and this song tells it all.

phpBB [video]

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:04 am

Very sorry to hear this. I can't put myself in your situation, but as others have said, think positive thoughts! wish you all the best

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:29 am

elvisa wrote:I was just about to post my favorite tune as it is right now. I have never been good at asking for help in personal matters, but this time I really feel different and this song tells it all.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:05 am

You will make it. Love your family and stay positive. You have a fantastic hobby…Elvis. Please let us know how you're doing. Never forget, we love you!

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 pm

elvisa you are in my thoughts and I'm sure that with your friends and family support and your positive attitude all will be well.

all the best

norrie

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am

Stay strong and positive. You will beat this. All the best to you, elvisa.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:31 pm

I do hope you will pull through these terrible afflictions. Why don't you let us know what you are looking for your collection ? I would love to step in and help you, if at all it is possible : Infact, I do have many books and magazines that I am no longer able to maintain, and perhaps, also a few CDs and DVDs.

I do not visit this site or section very frequently,but am glad I looked at your thread today. I am having a severe leg /back pain and was grumbling - but compared to you - I have nothing. Remember, only the strong survive!