Off Topic Messages

Re: Neil Diamond - Very Bizzare Behaviour

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm

One almost expects Neil to start introducing the Stamps and Sweets. He goes on and on and on. It's all in good fun, but it's not comfortable to watch.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Aww come on guys.

Comparing Neil's acceptance speech in the R n R Hall of Fame to that of Elvis' Vegas September 74 monologues is just plain silly.
Neil deserves to say what ever he wants for waiting so long for this honor. He seemed to be having a blast . I love that he let loose. He was magnificent! Let's hope that when this gets shown in the U.S. they will screen the unedited version and also the two "Sweet Caroline's" ND sings. "Hell Yeah" man....

LOL Hope that if it does, somebody may upload it on youtube for the rest of us!

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Neil's behavior was,indeed, bizzare. He obviously was having a lot of fun too. I don't think it matters for him. As he mentioned, he's been in the business for 45 years. Speaking of that, it's sad to me that he has pretty much lost his singing voice. He kinda talks out the song lyrics nowadays.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:44 pm

He's been talking the songs for at least 15 years.

Here in Boston, in the middle of the 8th inning at every Red Sox game, the crowd sings along to Neil and Sweet Caroline. On one occasion, a year or two ago, Neil performed it live. I knew how it would sound, but I paid close attention as thousands of people appeared puzzled that he was, essentially, reciting the lyrics.

Still, 2012 Neil shows more respect for his songs than 1970s Elvis.