Off Topic Messages

Best ever John Lennon Tribute Artist

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:35 am

I remember the original broadcast, 21 years ago, and how shocked I was when he walked through the doors!! Check him out - it's quite incredible. 1.25 is the moment that makes you gulp! EERIE!

phpBB [video]

Last edited by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Best ever John Lennon Tribute Artist

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:41 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I remember the original broadcast, 21 years ago, and how shocked I was when he walked through the doors!! Check him out - it's quite incredible. 1.23 is the moment that makes you gulp!

He sure do look & sound like John !

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:47 am

He was incredible!!

It was the very first episode of STARS IN THEIR EYES with dear departed Leslie Crowther.

He didn't win either! The equally amazing Shirley Bassey tribute took the gong! And I remember a very good (if somewhat short) Mick Jagger being on the same killer episode!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:31 am

The resemblance is uncanny. But Gary Gibson's voice isn't as good as John's.

Still, I'll wager seeing "The Cavern Beatles" was totally fun, a big night out.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 am

He's good and certainly has the look. But I wonder if non-Elvis fans look at ETAs and think `he's good'.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Now that was impressive!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 am

rickeap wrote:He's good and certainly has the look.
But I wonder if non-Elvis fans look at ETAs and think `he's good'.

If there was was an ETA who looked & sounded as much like our boy as this one does John Lennon, we might very well say "He's good !"

Jamie Kelley came close !

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:35 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

This guy is considered the best.

Mark Staycer is his name.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:17 pm

elvislennon wrote:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

This guy is considered the best.

Mark Staycer is his name.

He's good but not a patch on Mr Gibson!

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Interesting how JLTA's are praised upon.....but when it comes to ETA's......... CRINGE & YUCCCCCK ! :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:18 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Interesting how JLTA's are praised upon.....but when it comes to ETA's......... CRINGE & YUCCCCCK ! :lol: :lol:

Perhaps it is because there are about 5 Lennon impersonators, and about 5,000,000 Presley imposters.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Perhaps he should start a band with PMTA Ardy Sarraf. Even though he's right-handed he brilliantly plays Paul's divine bass lines left-handed for the sake of authenticity. I don't know how he does that.

phpBB [video]

Actually, Sarraf is already in a successful Beatles Tribute Band called The Fab Four.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I remember the original broadcast, 21 years ago, and how shocked I was when he walked through the doors!! Check him out - it's quite incredible. 1.25 is the moment that makes you gulp! EERIE!

phpBB [video]

He looks very much like John and has a good voice too.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Hope he never meets a David Chapman impersonator....

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:07 am

That Mark Staycer is the Shawn Klush among the Lennon imitators/impersonators (oh sorry, I meant "Tribute Artists").

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Mister Mike wrote:Hope he never meets a David Chapman impersonator....

Or better yet, a bloody Yoko Ono imposter......yikes !

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I remember the original broadcast, 21 years ago, and how shocked I was when he walked through the doors!! Check him out - it's quite incredible. 1.25 is the moment that makes you gulp! EERIE!

What is suppose to happen at 1:25 that is suppose to be of interest? :smt017
No one in the audience could guess who he looked like. And if you didn't have "Best John Lennon Tribute Artist" in the subject I wouldn't have guessed either, he looks absolutely nothing like John Lennon , and I still haven't figured out who he sounds like - besides terrible...

phpBB [video]

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:45 am

rickeap wrote: But I wonder if non-Elvis fans look at ETAs and think `he's good'.

Good point.

As for John Lennon and the rest of the Beatles, this guy (Andrew Lubman) takes some beating. He is playing and singing ALL the parts. And he can sing.

phpBB [video]