Off Topic Messages

Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm; aren't these shows funny!

Sat May 03, 2003 2:42 pm

I just think these shows are so funny, not that there's anything wrong with that!

Sat May 03, 2003 2:48 pm

I remember seeing the final episode of 'Seinfeld' at the airport of Anchorage while we were waiting for our plane back home after the holidays.
My (then) girlfriend said it was her first ever 'Seinfeld'-episode, and she thought it wasn't funny at all. That should have been my first clue!
A few months later it was over of course, I mean someone who thinks 'Seinfeld' isn't funny?

Overhere they, yet again, repeated the whole series again, and I'm glad they did (again).

Sat May 03, 2003 2:58 pm

"Curb" stars "Seinfeld" co-creator Larry David and is as funny in its own way, though it works on a slower pace than "Seinfeld".

Sat May 03, 2003 3:03 pm

Never heard of 'Curb', we don't have it overhere (yet). We have a lot American sit-coms that come 13 a dozen. I'm sick of 'Friends' etc.
'Seinfeld' was a true original.
But 'Spin City' is one of my favourites at the moment.

Sat May 03, 2003 3:07 pm

I have never liked "Friends". I thought I might start watching the reruns, but I just want to slap the entire cast when I watch the show.

Spin City is a neat show, I watch it sometimes late at night.

Curb is an HBO original show, so if you guys get to see "Sex In The City" and "Oz", "Curb" will soon follow.

Sat May 03, 2003 3:31 pm

I just found out that 'Curb Your Enthousiasm' is indeed on Dutch television, it's on Canal +, pay TV.
I am going to my parents' house later tonight, and I'll ask them to tape me some episodes, cause I just read about the series on the net and it sounds great ("It's like John Cassavetes directing 'Seinfeld'").

Take care (gotta go),

Bob

Sat May 03, 2003 11:11 pm

Curb sucks. Truly. The guy wants nothing more than to be loved and thought of as the funniest guy in the room. Even when he is playing a scene where he is supposed to be angry, you can see he is trying to make the person he is angry at like him. He is nothing like Seinfeld. Seinfeld is the greatest show ever (apart from Letterman - but you can't compare them). I like the Simpsons too, the recent seasons are not so good though.

The funniest show on television at the moment is a BBC sitcom called The Office.

Sun May 04, 2003 1:17 am

Simon wrote:Even when he is playing a scene where he is supposed to be angry, you can see he is trying to make the person he is angry at like him. He is nothing like Seinfeld.

That is why it is so funny! He has a quirky sense of humor, and so do I.

Sun May 04, 2003 1:25 am

I have never paid attention to Seinfeld until the last year, now I cannot get enouigh. They have reruns and even if saw the episode 10 times I still laugh. The first episodes I saw didnt like it, until you get involve with those guys. They are crazy. Too bad their own series didnt pick up.

Francesc

Sun May 04, 2003 4:21 am

I apologise for saying curb sucks. It doesn't. I just don't think it deserves to share the same platform as Seinfeld which I think people keep giving putting it on. I don't want to put you down for liking a t.v show. That was not my intention okay :roll: .

Sun May 04, 2003 4:59 am

Bob-Holland wrote:I remember seeing the final episode of 'Seinfeld' at the airport of Anchorage while we were waiting for our plane back home after the holidays.
My (then) girlfriend said it was her first ever 'Seinfeld'-episode, and she thought it wasn't funny at all. That should have been my first clue!
A few months later it was over of course, I mean someone who thinks 'Seinfeld' isn't funny?

Although, in all fairness, you really can't appreciate the last episode to its full extent without having seen the other shows. But still, not liking Seinfeld? There IS something wrong with that!

Other great shows include "Fawlty Towers," "Blackadder," and "Frasier."

Sun May 04, 2003 6:52 pm

I have probably watched every episode of Seinfeld at least 6 times. It is on daily repeat on one channel here.

As with Fawlty tours - which I will watch over and over again.

Don't mention the war and be master of your own domain. - Not that's there's anything wrong with that.

Mon May 05, 2003 9:26 pm

Fawlty Towers is that messy hotel? and the dumb waiter is from Barcelona, Spain?

Is that one? well if it is is really funny that we had that series in Barcelona, to be political correct, they didnt say that the dumb waiter was from Spain instead we put him in a Mexican accent. Isnt that bad @?@@