Off Topic Messages

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Bobc wrote:
jacob wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?

I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.

Wasn't the book called something like "Sex and Psychic Energy," .Billy Smith said he was reading "A Scientific Search For The Face Of Jesus," and if he was reading "Sex and Psychic Energy," he must have changed the book.Wasn't it one of the books he got off of Larry Gellar?

My understanding is that the Jesus book was propaganda to protect his image. Just like the Army Sargent that gave him speed, (It was really his mother who gave it to him so he didn't fall asleep driving from gig to gig). I think it was in The Death of Elvis but I'm not sure.

Where does this info come from ?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Mike Eder wrote:I look at it this way. If you want to think something anything can be twisted into your belief system. I'm sure all of us wish Elvis had lived longer but he didn't and that's the sad reality. The one thing I will say is that the whole Elvis is Alive thing is kind of entertaining in the same way the Paul McCartney is dead deal was. It's fun to play detective now and then. It's just that you have to temper the game of finding the "hoax" with the reality that there wasn't one.

That's exactly what it is: entertaining! The JFK murder and the death of Elvis/ Elvis being alive thing it is fascinating to see how many theories and conspiracies there are. Until so far, no proof or what so ever. He died too young leaving a great musical legacy, a fascinating life story and an entertaining 'after life'...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm

billyblues wrote:I think that the most ridiculous part of any theory is when they show someone who's supposedly Elvis or have "audio proof", including someone singing or whatever.

Think about it... Where's the logic? Elvis fakes his death, goes into hiding. Then suddenly he feels bored and thinks: "You know what? F*ck it, I'm showing myself to some random guy. No, wait, you know what would be better? Show myself to some random guy AND post some recordings of mine on YouTube! Yes!!!".

C'mon...

Let's sing something in public in 2008 and well... let's pick Don't cry daddy... A song I recorded some 30 years ago... Like nothing happened ever since... When Elvis was alive he in jam sessions rarely sang songs he recorded himself, so singing Don't Cry daddy does not make any sence does it? (BTW the immation is in a way funny because it has been done so poorly)...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Great post !

Good Time Charlie wrote:Elvis never died. His spirit lives on in this very forum, through his music, and the millions of fans around the world. Thanks to what he left us and the genius he was - he will forever remain immortal. He confided in close friends during 1976 and 1977 that he was worried that one day when he was gone, nobody would remember him because he never made a classic film or really made a difference. Of course, he couldn't have been more wrong and if there's one thing I wish more than anything for Elvis; is for him to have seen the love and support of his fans to this day, the thousands of people who flock to Graceland each year and the joy his music brings to millions of people, each day, in 2010.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:19 pm

All them idiots that think Elvis is still alive have no respect for Elvis or his family and friends.

They also have no place on this forum in my books

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:05 pm

OnTourCam wrote:All them idiots that think Elvis is still alive have no respect for Elvis or his family and friends.

They also have no place on this forum in my books

As for the impersonator loving creatures and the jewellery and mugs collecting lunatics and the 'I only post if it is Elvis 1977 involved' weirdows and the 'I prefer Old Shep over My Boy gang', but hey - I guess there would not be many members left on this board, wouldn't it?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:36 pm

elvisnorway wrote:
Bobc wrote:
jacob wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?

I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.

Wasn't the book called something like "Sex and Psychic Energy," .Billy Smith said he was reading "A Scientific Search For The Face Of Jesus," and if he was reading "Sex and Psychic Energy," he must have changed the book.Wasn't it one of the books he got off of Larry Gellar?

My understanding is that the Jesus book was propaganda to protect his image. Just like the Army Sargent that gave him speed, (It was really his mother who gave it to him so he didn't fall asleep driving from gig to gig). I think it was in The Death of Elvis but I'm not sure.

Where does this info come from ?

I don't remember exactly. Maybe. Elvis and Gladys. But it makes since. Bill and Scotty talked about Elvis' "Nervous energy." driving from gig to gig. Gladys was taking diet pills. It fits. I'm not saying he was addicted at that time, but that is where it all started.

Truely we don't know. But this makes since to me. It would also make since that Elvis would see it as harmless, because it was given to him by his mother.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:Elvis never died. His spirit lives on in this very forum, through his music, and the millions of fans around the world. Thanks to what he left us and the genius he was - he will forever remain immortal. He confided in close friends during 1976 and 1977 that he was worried that one day when he was gone, nobody would remember him because he never made a classic film or really made a difference. Of course, he couldn't have been more wrong and if there's one thing I wish more than anything for Elvis; is for him to have seen the love and support of his fans to this day, the thousands of people who flock to Graceland each year and the joy his music brings to millions of people, each day, in 2010.

+5

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Elvis died on August 16, 1977 in the bathroom at Graceland. After being found on the bathroom floor, Elvis was rushed to the hospital where he was officially pronounced dead. The coroner recorded the cause of death as cardiac arrhythmia. While true in the strictest sense (cardiac arrhythmia basically means that the heart was beating irregularly and in this case, finally stopped), the attending physicians deliberately omitted the fact that what had apparently caused Elvis' heart to beat irregularly and then stop was an overdose of prescription drugs. These drugs included codeine, Valium, morphine, and Demorol, to name a few. After this information was revealed, Vernon Presley, Elvis' father, had the complete autopsy report sealed. It will remain sealed until 2027, fifty years after The King's death. Elvis' body is buried at Graceland....internet...Johnny Boy Carpenter will like my source... :D

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:22 pm

i don't think we should be asking the question "Is Elvis Alive?"

I think we should be asking "What actually killed him?"

The stories have been so muddled and misrepresented over the years. So many questions...so few answers.

An OFFICIAL investigation should be conducted and reported to the public. Who wants to listen to a bunch of "Elvis is Alive" bulls**t?

Elvis is dead...for sure.
We don't REALLY know what killed him...for sure.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:29 pm

Some say that he died on the toilet...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 pm

He pressed so hard to get his bowels clean that he got a heart attack...not my words, don't shoot the messenger... :D

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:38 pm

elvisbot wrote:i don't think we should be asking the question "Is Elvis Alive?"

The stories have been so muddled and misrepresented over the years. So many questions...so few answers.

An OFFICIAL investigation should be conducted and reported to the public. Who wants to listen to a bunch of "Elvis is Alive" bulls**t?

A theory that makes sense to me concerns the Codiene. We know Elvis went to the Dentist and was given a presciption of Codiene. We also know he had adverse effects from Codiene in the past. One incident involved an emergancy airplane landing.

Elvis called Dr. Nick and told him that he had been given the Codiene and wanted something else. Placadyl. Elvis got the Placadyl from Nick.

The toxicology report shows many things in Elvis' system, including Codiene, but not Placadyl. Codiene and Placadyl look the same. Round pills with numbers on them. I think Elvis simply took the wrong drug and again had a bad reaction from the Codiene.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:He pressed so hard to get his bowels clean that he got a heart attack...not my words, don't shoot the messenger... :D

I'm not a doctor by no means, but I can imagine in that unfortunate situation, the blood pumping/racing to his bowels, causing all kinds of problems for his blood circulation and heart, which already was in extreme distress because of all the medications, his weight, and the psychological and physical stresses of past and upcoming events. He could have just fainted as well, and regained consciousness after a few minutes (not uncommon when straining too hard on the toilet), but instead he collapsed and died, with nobody with him to immediately call 911. It could have turned out differently, but this time it didn't.

He also, possibly, strained himself too much earlier during that raquet ball game, a weird time of day to be doing that kind of tiring activity, actually. Don't you think? Nobody was able or lucid enough to slow him down. I bet he -once again- wanted to push himself too hard to "get ready for the upcoming tour". Plus the dentist gave him some heavy stuff too. Add that to his usual medication regime. There's only so much a human body can take.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:11 pm

i know a little about medicine so here goes the "straining his bowels too much" explanation.
when you sit on the toilet and strain to move your bowels and there is some type of intestinal obstruction, you are actually pumping air into your intestines. When the air pressure built up in those intestines and that pressure was higher than your blood pressure...the bodies major organs begin to shut down.
I believe this is called the Valsalva Maneuver.
In Elvis' case, it would have been a twisted colon PLUS residue from excessive pill use that blocked the intestines.
Unpleasant thought, but a consideration in Elvis' case.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:16 pm

I gather you're a doctor, then? Is operation the only possible solution for a twisted and/or enlarged colon ?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:21 pm

I do not care really about what killed him... he is dead alright.
What bothers me more is what is left in the vaults and when will it be presented before it is to late.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Bobc wrote:

A theory that makes sense to me concerns the Codiene. We know Elvis went to the Dentist and was given a presciption of Codiene. We also know he had adverse effects from Codiene in the past. One incident involved an emergancy airplane landing.

Elvis called Dr. Nick and told him that he had been given the Codiene and wanted something else. Placadyl. Elvis got the Placadyl from Nick.

The toxicology report shows many things in Elvis' system, including Codiene, but not Placadyl. Codiene and Placadyl look the same. Round pills with numbers on them. I think Elvis simply took the wrong drug and again had a bad reaction from the Codiene.

It was dilaudid that Dr Nick ordered . Wasn't found in the autopsy or anyplace else. Who knows?

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:30 pm

So the conclusion of this thread is that not many FECC-members do believe he is alive! I guess we are all quite common, sensible and well educated men and women then, spending our hard earned money on FTDs and over expensive box sets. Our man is as dead as this thread! :wink:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Apparently, for EPE, Elvis died in 1973, right after "Aloha From Hawaii".... :cry:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 pm

WHAT ?

He ain't dead, is he ? :shock:

Alexander wrote:So the conclusion of this thread is that not many FECC-members do believe he is alive! I guess we are all quite common, sensible and well educated men and women then, spending our hard earned money on FTDs and over expensive box sets. Our man is as dead as this thread! :wink:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

I don't know what to think about August 16th nowdays.

I do believe there is more to the story about that day then we know.

It always strikes me as odd that all the 'friends' and employees of Elvis who wrote books can always remember everything about their time with him - even as far back as the fifties - but almost all will tell you a different story about August 16th...

And: let's not forget the whole FBI Operation that started in 1976. Read the file closely and you will see some things do run parallel with his public life/appearances.

Don't think he is alive though.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Well, Larry did his hair, he should know..

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:16 pm

God i'm lost - - - is he alive or not????????????

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 pm

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote:God i'm lost - - - is he alive or not????????????

You really do want to know, ey ?