Off Topic Messages

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:13 pm

What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:19 pm

I used to try to think that he was still alive. In the 80's. when I learned about this "Is Elvis alive?" sh** from Gail Brewer-Giorgio (Did Elvis hoax his own death... blahblah), heck, I was thirteen years old but when I listened to the "mysterious Elvis Tape" I didn't believe for a SINGLE SECOND that this is Elvis talking but just a quite bad impersonator/voice actor whatever...

Yes, but I once considered the possbility of him being still alive.

But those stories come up with every celebrity that died young, people such as Marilyn Monroe, James Dean etc.

It's the same even with other historical important people who died young.

There were, there are and there will always be such made-up stories.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:20 pm

billyblues wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:Elvis never died. His spirit lives on in this very forum, through his music, and the millions of fans around the world. Thanks to what he left us and the genius he was - he will forever remain immortal.


With or without Viva Elvis!

Good Time Charlie wrote:He confided in close friends during 1976 and 1977 that he was worried that one day when he was gone, nobody would remember him because he never made a classic film or really made a difference. Of course, he couldn't have been more wrong and if there's one thing I wish more than anything for Elvis; is for him to have seen the love and support of his fans to this day, the thousands of people who flock to Graceland each year and the joy his music brings to millions of people, each day, in 2010.


I'm pretty sure that he's seeing it from somewhere else, one way or another. And I hope he's happy and proud...
...Though I can imagine his reaction over Viva Elvis. "There goes my f*cking legacy right down the drain, man!"

PS.: What's the source for Elvis' fear of being forgotten because "he never made a classic film or really made a difference"? I never heard of it and I'm quite curious!


Kathy Westmoreland said it, it was quoted on this board only a week or so ago. And I think Larry Geller has said something to similar effect. But yes, he was worried after he'd gone he'd be forgotton about.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.




Actually it was Laxatives For Dummies

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.


Wasn't the book called something like "Sex and Psychic Energy," .Billy Smith said he was reading "A Scientific Search For The Face Of Jesus," and if he was reading "Sex and Psychic Energy," he must have changed the book.Wasn't it one of the books he got off of Larry Gellar?

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:37 pm

well too be honest with you I got inside info that Elvis is still here with us and here's what REALLY happened..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUy8-triBHQ

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:38 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:I am not surprised that 8-11% of Americans belong in the dumb-ass catergory


Isn't that percentage higher...? :D :D

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:41 pm

jacob wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.


Wasn't the book called something like "Sex and Psychic Energy," .Billy Smith said he was reading "A Scientific Search For The Face Of Jesus," and if he was reading "Sex and Psychic Energy," he must have changed the book.Wasn't it one of the books he got off of Larry Gellar?


My understanding is that the Jesus book was propaganda to protect his image. Just like the Army Sargent that gave him speed, (It was really his mother who gave it to him so he didn't fall asleep driving from gig to gig). I think it was in The Death of Elvis but I'm not sure.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:43 pm

So really - you don't know. Thanks for stopping by.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 pm

billyblues wrote:People create conspiracies all the time in order to cope with their loss or even to impose their opinions and beliefs. You can twist anything to make it sound credible and make people believe... And I'm frankly sick of it. Not only Elvis' death, but MJ conspiracies (including the one about his "new" recordings not really being him and Sony wanting to destroy his image), Illuminati, etc too.

It's like if half of the world's population was obsessed with conspiracies, trying to explain a "truth" that is simply NOT there. Because they can't face reality.


Agree 100%...

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am

Jovan wrote:Any believers here?

Check the spelling on the stone!!!

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:13 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jovan wrote:Any believers here?

Check the spelling on the stone!!!


That means he lives ??!!!

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:27 am

KiwiAlan wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.




Actually it was Laxatives For Dummies



Careful Kiwi or you'll have Americans accusing 8-10% of New Zealanders of being dumb-asses.

Sadly Elvis died on 16-08-77

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:39 am

rickeap wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.




Actually it was Laxatives For Dummies



Careful Kiwi or you'll have Americans accusing 8-10% of New Zealanders of being dumb-asses.

Sadly Elvis died on 16-08-77


Being an American I would say 8-10% is a very low estimate.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:01 am

I can't say I ever believed Elvis didn't die. But, I can't positively say he did either . I wasn't there . :wink:
I have a few friends that believe he didn't die. To me, it's not worth arguing about. I guess we all need something to believe in. I just require a little more proof. The only ones I disagree with are the ones that claim to "be Elvis." Perhaps if he'd call or come by, I might change my mind. :D

This is the book that Elvis was said to be reading. After the arguements about that: I'm pretty easy going and think people have a right to their own opinions. Even if I can't/don't agree with them. Too many other important things to fight and worry about ,IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/scientific-search ... B0006WH5TG

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 am

Bobc wrote:
rickeap wrote:
KiwiAlan wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.




Actually it was Laxatives For Dummies



Careful Kiwi or you'll have Americans accusing 8-10% of New Zealanders of being dumb-asses.


Sadly Elvis died on 16-08-77


Being an American I would say 8-10% is a very low estimate.


Now, now....don't be too hard on Beck fans

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:06 am

I think that the most ridiculous part of any theory is when they show someone who's supposedly Elvis or have "audio proof", including someone singing or whatever.

Think about it... Where's the logic? Elvis fakes his death, goes into hiding. Then suddenly he feels bored and thinks: "You know what? F*ck it, I'm showing myself to some random guy. No, wait, you know what would be better? Show myself to some random guy AND post some recordings of mine on YouTube! Yes!!!".

C'mon...
Last edited by billyblues on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:18 am

Well, I guess I am in that percentage of Americans because, Elvis most certainly did not die on Augist 16, 1977.
He just went home. Don't believe me, ask Tommy Lee Jones!

Nikki

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:20 am

billyblues wrote:I think that the most ridiculous part of any theory is when they show someone who's supposedly Elvis or have "audio proof", including someone singing or whatever.

Think about it... Where's the logic? Elvis fakes his death, goes into hiding. Then suddenly he feels bored and thinks: "you know what? F*ck it, I'm showing myself to some random guy. No, wait, you know what would be better? Show myself to some random guy AND post some recordings of mine on YouTube! Yes!!!".

C'mon...

I'd have to agree with this one. Some have said it's to help Elvis fans and make them happy. I disagree. To me, it's just to play games with the gullible and feed the imposters ego.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:40 am

Jovan wrote:While browsing on the internet I stumbled upon a website stating that about 8-11% of Americans believed that Elvis was still alive in 2002. (Source http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1232040.

This number surprises me... I wonder how many members of the FECC Forum believe that E is still alive/didnt die on august 16 '77?

Any believers here?



I believe ETC's (Elvis Tribute Clowns) should die. :mrgreen:

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:31 am

If Elvis didn't die on 8-16-77, he surely died when Lisa Marie married MJ....

Elvis must be alive. Didn't he recently go back into the studio to re-record some of his old songs, but gave them a "modern" beat so the kids could think he's cool. Called the album "Viva".... something....

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 am

Elvis will live forever

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Bobc wrote:
jacob wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:What book are you suggesting Elvis was reading? Not The Shroud but The Joy Of Sex or something?


I believe the paramedic that first responded to Graceland said that it was a book on Karma Sutra.


Wasn't the book called something like "Sex and Psychic Energy," .Billy Smith said he was reading "A Scientific Search For The Face Of Jesus," and if he was reading "Sex and Psychic Energy," he must have changed the book.Wasn't it one of the books he got off of Larry Gellar?


My understanding is that the Jesus book was propaganda to protect his image. Just like the Army Sargent that gave him speed, (It was really his mother who gave it to him so he didn't fall asleep driving from gig to gig). I think it was in The Death of Elvis but I'm not sure.

I never read once that Elvis' mother hooked him on pills. I feel that whatever he did before the Army was not notable or extensive. I feel a problem started when the Army offical gave Elvis the pills in Germany. Rex Mansfield and Red concur strongly and they were there.

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:24 pm

joshferrell wrote:
Mike Eder wrote:I look at it this way. If you want to think something anything can be twisted into your belief system. I'm sure all of us wish Elvis had lived longer but he didn't and that's the sad reality. The one thing I will say is that the whole Elvis is Alive thing is kind of entertaining in the same way the Paul McCartney is dead deal was. It's fun to play detective now and then. It's just that you have to temper the game of finding the "hoax" with the reality that there wasn't one.

You mean Paul is still alive? I thought he was dead? just check out this compelling evidence...

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-McCartney-Re ... 292&sr=1-4

It wasn't well made but the DVD did cover most of the "clues" giving me a chuckle or two in the process.