Off Topic Messages

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:28 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Alexander wrote:Elvis died on August 16, 1977. No doubt about that here.

Having said that, something came to mind. In the early 90s a tape featuring a telephone conversation featuring a voice that was assumed to be Elvis' voice (recorded after his death) was distributed through many fanclubs. It was quite a shock back then. I think it was around a release of one of the Grail Brewer Georgio books that this tape had surfaced. I never bothered to buy the tape back then but dutch FELCO fanclub boss, the late Edwin Meijers, played some fragments to me on the phone. Since some other serious Elvis fans bought that tape, they must have seriously though it to be Elvis (recorded after his death)..

Is that the tape that came with the book of Gail Brewer-Giorgio, which you could buy for a few guilders at the bookdump stores?
It sounded like an interview from 1960-1961 based on the words spoken.
Somewhere I read that it was a fake, though. The name of the guy talking was revealed too, but I do not remember his name.

In an old issue of FELCO I recently came accross a letter on this, from you, Zolderopruiming. I guess we were all caught by THE virus back then....

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Delboy wrote:Is Elvis dead???

sometimes when people find out i'm an elvis fan they say to me, you do know he's dead, right? i reply, what??? he's dead?? are you serious?? i do not know why people say this to me, the only reason i can think of is because elvis was before my time. but even if that's why, i still think it's a stupid thing to say. i can't take it serious, and so i give them that answer, and their reaction is always hilarious 8)

Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:11 am

I think it's a lack of respect that people keep saying his alive......

give it a rest .....

also your saying all his close family and friends are liars this is very hurtfull something they have put up with since 1977.....