Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Question on Elvis 1953 Sun acetates

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 am

Despite Phillips' documented absence, on that date, there's not much else, so I would like to see the receipt.

There is one known receipt, and another, from June 1954, that may be fake. Or tampered with. Where is the FIRST receipt?!

This is necessary archeology, in my view. A vital piece of evidence is missing. How might it be found?

rjm

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:32 pm

rjm wrote:Despite Phillips' documented absence, on that date, there's not much else, so I would like to see the receipt.

There is one known receipt, and another, from June 1954, that may be fake.
Or tampered with.
Where is the FIRST receipt?!
This is necessary archeology, in my view.
A vital piece of evidence is missing.
How might it be found?

Evidence.......... evidence...... evidence......... all some people care about.

Why can't you just believe ?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Despite all research done, the 1953-1955 period is not one for definitive information. Therefore there are multiple recording dates mentioned for the first acetate.
Even the Million Dollar Quartet session in december 1956 is still not fully clear. The original bootleg LP was compiled, according to the stories I have read, from an unlikely source i.e. 8-track cassettes owned by some Hell's Angel type. But when RCA/BMG released it, it was the same sequence of songs, yet RCA/BMG sourced it from (a) tape(s) in Elvis' Estate. Then there are the titles mentioned in the December 5, 1956 Memphis Press Scimitar which are still unreleased if these titles were correct. Anyone know where to find a scan of the original newspaper article?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Despite all research done, the 1953-1955 period is not one for definitive information ... Even the Million Dollar Quartet session in december 1956 is still not fully clear.

These should help you immensely in filling in the gaps for both of your examples:

120800_A Boy From Tupelo.JPG
A Boy From Tupelo (FTD, 2012)

060000_Complete Million Dollar Quartet.JPG
The Complete Million Dollar Quartet (RCA, 2006)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 am

Why is this on the "Off-Topic" section...? :smt017