Off Topic Messages

Re: Advice on copying discs for all who bought Complete Mast

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:45 am

TONY wrote:Why not just buy a double CD / CD recorder machine (like I did about 12 years ago) and any discs you want to duplicate can be done so easily from one tray to the other, without any quality loss and without downloading programmes etc. EASY!! I'm happy.
:smt006

But that won't get it onto a computer to convert to iPad friendly codecs.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:10 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:
TONY wrote:Why not just buy a double CD / CD recorder machine (like I did about 12 years ago) and any discs you want to duplicate can be done so easily from one tray to the other, without any quality loss and without downloading programmes etc. EASY!! I'm happy.
:smt006

But that won't get it onto a computer to convert to iPad friendly codecs.

I very rarely play music thru a computer. (My speakers are naff), but to back up CD's / make copies of them, it's so easy with my double CD deck, plus it makes comparing the sound quality of all the re-issued cd's with all the old versions, side by side without having to change over discs.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:30 am

javilu wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:Thanks for this topic. Because I need to look into something like this. How much roughly elvissessions does this software cost? And basically, how does it work. I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to all this kind of technology. I understand in basic terms what FLAC is and what mp3 is. But is there a way then I can transfer these songs into my iTunes and then iPod - but also have complete lossless sound files to transfer back to say CD's?

I appreciate any help because I need to figure out the best way to preserve the audio on this set!

Spending money on software like DB poweramp is pointless.

Exact Audio Copy is free, and properly configured is the most accurate way of extracting your music.

Did I mention it is free?

As long as your files are original CD sourced FLACs, you have a completely lossless cd.

May I ask how to properly configure EAC? How do I know if I have done it the proper way? As I could not afford this set, I'd settle for a copy of one of Elvissessions copies :wink: I'd love to pour over the book that came with the set; maybe even more than the music. But seriously, I have downloaded EAC and I have no idea if I have it set up right so I am using I tunes Apple lossless which I have had to screw up on brand new discs. Anyone's help is appreciated. I do understand Elvis Sessions' thoughts

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 pm

There are many audio converters out there now that are just as good or better than dBpoweramp, such as AVS Audio Converter . These type of programs have come a long way in the last couple years with all the newer media devices that are out there now. It all now just becomes a matter of opinion by which one you are used to using.