Off Topic Messages

your favorite version of you are so beautiful ?

joe cocker
79%
dennis wilson
7%
billy preston
7%
other
7%

Total votes : 14

you are so beautiful

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am

hello

which is your favorite ?

Re: you are so beautiful

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:34 am

I always thought Dennis' version was something special and has a special place in my heart,the way he sings it at the last concert he did where he has no voice left is very touching and sad so I voted for his version even though the others are cool too...

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:05 am

This is the definitive version.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:29 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:This is the definitive version.

That must be "Don" Osmond.
:smt002

rjm

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Never heard it before. But sounds like sentimental slush. Although there's nothing wrong with that if the song and artist are right for each other.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Joe Cockers rendition for me thank you very much

Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:33 pm

This is the definitive version for sure:

https://youtu.be/xRa7BXWSFm4

I really hope I can sing that well when I'm an old man. I don't really know who is the guy behind the name "Jon Cotner": I'm pretty sure it's neither Tony Richards, Dale Culbertson nor Larry Blong. "Jon" has said by himself that he's not Mr. Culbertson, and Mr. Richards' (also known as "Arion" - please, don't confuse the name with Jimmy "Orion" Ellis) speaking voice sounds totally different. It doesn't really matter who "Mr. Cotner" is: actually, knowing the private things of a regular old man is completely unnecessary.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:53 am

ElvisFan99 wrote:This is the definitive version for sure:

phpBB [media]

I really hope I can sing that well when I'm an old man. I don't really know who is the guy behind the name "Jon Cotner": I'm pretty sure it's neither Tony Richards, Dale Culbertson nor Larry Blong. "Jon" has said by himself that he's not Mr. Culbertson, and Mr. Richards' (also known as "Arion" - please, don't confuse the name with Jimmy "Orion" Ellis) speaking voice sounds totally different. It doesn't really matter who "Mr. Cotner" is: actually, knowing the private things of a regular old man is completely unnecessary.

Gee, that's a ... familiar-sounding vocal ... the monologue in the middle is a real treat, too. WHO COULD IT POSSIBLY BE???

Since you decided to revive this four year-old post, I've changed my mind.

Nothing tops this rendition, it is sheer brilliance -->

761011_20th Century Records T-512_03.jpg

761011_20th Century Records T-512_01.jpg
John Davidson "You Are So Beautiful" Every Time I Sing A Love Song (20th Century Records T-512, October 11, 1976)
Produced by:
Richard Glasser, Arranged by: Al Capps

761011_20th Century Records T-512_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:48 am

This version by Jon Cotner sounds like SH*T smt172 if you don't mind me saying so...

I'm sure FECC appreciates the wasted bandwidth used to post this garbage. :wink: