Off Topic Messages

Re: The First Stereo Albums

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:49 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:Don't knock something if you haven't heard it!

Exactly!

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:57 am

But his site is not an "amateur" one.

Not at all, it's a very well done site. But I'm more inclined to trust documentation of the actual event as written 3 days later in Billboard than somebody's website 53 years later.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:40 am

For some reason I thought "My Fair Lady" original cast soundtrack was one of first stereo LP's. Great info here!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:43 pm

I can't believe with all this unbelievable, great information provided by HoneyTalkNelson, that these threads hold no longevity or interest that just go away after a few replies.

In the two years since this thread, this is the first time I've seen it.

Thanks HTN !!!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 pm

A VERY Good Read Indeed. Thanks for posting HTN! And thank you too minkahed!

I always thought Mario Lanza had one of the first stereo albums.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Fascinating!

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Good stuff, Bob!

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:55 pm

minkahed wrote:...In the two years since this thread, this is the first time I've seen it...

You really must pay more attention, minkahed !

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:I enjoy it too. Although you shouldn't say it's "the first" as there were 4 releases shipped at the same time.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! wunder if it went gold? LoL

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:38 pm

New information on the first four stereo albums from Audio Fidelity has been found and these are the confirmed titles.

There's more information on binaural and early stereo in this article: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/the-first- ... onic-sound
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:29 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:New information on the first four stereo albums from Audio Fidelity has been found and these are the confirmed titles.

There's more information on binaural and early stereo in this article: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/the-first- ... onic-sound

Wow...alot of work put in to this one. Thanks.