I'm Bored!

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator1, Moderator2

I'm Bored!

Postby Little Darlin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 pm

I want a job but don't know what I want to do. I'm sick of being a little Stepford Wife cooking and cleaning all the time and I want to try something new!

Going back to work in a School is out -- I fancy a new direction -- Any ideas?
I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010
Little Darlin

Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Re: I'm Bored!

Postby Joe Car » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Little Darlin wrote:I want a job but don't know what I want to do. I'm sick of being a little Stepford Wife cooking and cleaning all the time and I want to try something new!

LD, just try to find a part-time job, even 20-24 hours a week, perhaps in an office or such, just to get you out of the house. You could also volunteer at your local hospital. I experienced this when I was laid-off for 15 months, it was brutal! Being home all the time, is not good!
Joe Car

Postby Little Darlin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Joe Car wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:I want a job but don't know what I want to do. I'm sick of being a little Stepford Wife cooking and cleaning all the time and I want to try something new!

LD, just try to find a part-time job, even 20-24 hours a week, perhaps in an office or such, just to get you out of the house. You could also volunteer at your local hospital. I experienced this when I was laid-off for 15 months, it was brutal! Being home all the time, is not good!

Hi Joe!

I've been looking this morning about doing an Hairdressing course, but it's two years training at College, so I gave up on that idea. What I really fancy doing is being one of those people who answer the emergency service calls? Mr LD said I haven't got the patience for it, but I think I have :lol:
I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010
Little Darlin

Topic author

Postby ColinB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Little Darlin wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
I've been looking this morning about doing an Hairdressing course, but it's two years training at College, so I gave up on that idea. What I really fancy doing is being one of those people who answer the emergency service calls? Mr LD said I haven't got the patience for it, but I think I have :lol:

I have a great niece who does that !

Fascinating work, but really odd shift patterns !
Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire
ColinB

Postby Little Darlin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:50 pm

ColinB wrote:

That's what I thought Colin! You know I may look into that.

Ideally I would love to work from home doing something with Computers, but those sort of jobs are limited.
Little Darlin

Topic author

Postby TJ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Pipe down and go iron Mr LD's shirts.

Sooooo kidding :-)
TJ

Postby Little Darlin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:59 pm

TJ wrote:Pipe down and go iron Mr LD's shirts.

Sooooo kidding :-)

LOL! They were done by 10 am this morning TJ! This is what I mean -- all my chores are done for the day and now I'm bored......that's lethal for me because I end up shopping and spending money.
Little Darlin

Topic author

Postby Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Work in Learning Disabilities and Mental Health, challenging behaviour. It's fascinating and adictive. All the jobs don't feel like work - just social time with lots of friends - staff and clients. Lots of activities and cool stuff to do - also some challenging moments to, which are exciting.

You need no experience at all and there's endless in-job training. Before you know it, you're qualified up to the hilt.

I did it for ten years and it was amazing.
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man

Postby Little Darlin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Work in Learning Disabilities and Mental Health, challenging behaviour. It's fascinating and adictive. All the jobs don't feel like work - just social time with lots of friends - staff and clients. Lots of activities and cool stuff to do - also some challenging moments to, which are exciting.

You need no experience at all and there's endless in-job training. Before you know it, you're qualified up to the hilt.

I did it for ten years and it was amazing.

I was a Nursery Nurse working with Handicapped and Autistic children before I ''retired'' swinging -- I did it for about 10 years too. One of the kids I used to look after died because of his disability the day other day -- he was 17, I couldn't go back to that again, they say don't don't let yourself become emotionally involved but you can't help it. As for working with the same adult wise, I'm not sure I could handle that.
Little Darlin

Topic author

Postby Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

I've worked with kids, adults and elderly. Adults is best. Trust me it's adictive.

You're not likely to come accross many deaths. Very unlikely really.

I think you'd enjoy it.

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:40 pm

ColinB wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:
Joe Car wrote:

What's so great about her??

Why don't you look for courses around computers if that's what you want to do.
Ben

Postby Little Darlin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Ben wrote:
Why don't you look for courses around computers if that's what you want to do.

That's what I'm looking for, but, what jobs do you do at home on the computer cos I don't know.
Little Darlin

Topic author

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Little Darlin wrote:
Ben wrote:Why don't you look for courses around computers if that's what you want to do.
That's what I'm looking for, but, what jobs do you do at home on the computer cos I don't know.

I'm looking for a heir hunter/genealogy course to do.
Ben

Postby Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm doing a BA Honours degree in modern languages with Open University from home. It's Spanish, French and the Roots of the English Language. Fascinating stuff.

Postby ColinB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Ben wrote:
ColinB wrote:I have a great niece who does that !

No, no, Ben, you don't understand.

As she's my sister's granddaughter, I'm her great uncle [making her my great niece] .............. geddit ?
Colin B
ColinB

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 pm

ColinB wrote:
Ben wrote:

As she's my sister's granddaughter, I'm her great uncle [making her my great niece] .............. geddit ?

A bit big headed stating you're a great uncle isn't it??
Ben

Postby Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:12 pm

I think the Great Uncle thinks you're a Great Twonk Ben :lol:

Postby ColinB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I think the Great Uncle thinks you're a Great Twonk Ben :lol:

If I thought for a moment that he was serious..........................
Colin B
ColinB

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:18 pm

ColinB wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I think the Great Uncle thinks you're a Great Twonk Ben :lol:
If I thought for a moment that he was serious..........................

I am, deadly.
Ben

Postby genesim » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Man don't you ever cry about being bored! I have so much work to do at my house it is SICK. Working makes you love your home life more then ever!
All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana
genesim

Postby Pete Dube » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Ben wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Ben wrote:

A bit big headed stating you're a great uncle isn't it??

Now can you relate to us yanks about this Great Britain business? :wink: :)
Pete Dube

Postby ColinB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Now can you relate to us yanks about this Great Britain business? :wink: :)

Oh, that doesn't mean 'great' in that sense !

It was a geographic term !

Something to do with differentiating between the bare mainland [Britain] & including all the islands [Great Britain]...... or somesuch............

Or maybe I just dreamt the whole thing up........................
Colin B
ColinB

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 pm

ColinB wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:Now can you relate to us yanks about this Great Britain business? :wink: :)

Something to do with differentiating between the bare mainland [Britain] & including all the islands [Great Britain]...... or somesuch............

Like 'Greater Manchester' but in reality nothing is great or even good in Manchester.
Ben

Postby ColinB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Ben wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Like 'Greater Manchester' but in reality nothing is great or even good in Manchester.

"If you haven't been to Manchester, you haven't lived !"

Who said that ?
Colin B
ColinB

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:48 pm

ColinB wrote:
Ben wrote:
ColinB wrote:

"If you haven't been to Manchester, you haven't lived !"

Who said that ?

A very boring, sad, pathetic person??
Ben

Next

Return to Off Topic