Neil Diamond - Thank You Australia

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Pete Dube
Registered for: 21 years

Neil Diamond - Thank You Australia

Post by Pete Dube »

I just finished watching this recently released dvd of Neil Diamond's 1976 concert in Sydney. Wow, what a great show! Songs: Soolaimon; Play Me; Solitary Man; Cherry, Cherry; Sweet Caroline; The Last Picasso; Longfellow Serenade; Song Sung Blue; Cracklin' Rosie; Holly Holy; I Am ... I Said; Medley of songs from Jonathan Livingston Seagull: (Sanctus; Be; Dear Father; Skybird; Lonely Looking Sky; Sanctus; Be); Brother Love's Travelin' Salvation Show; I've Been This Way Before. On the special features there's an additional live performance from the show of the song Morningside. I was a bit surprised by this show as Neil played acoustic rhythm guitar on all but 3 songs. This is classic Diamond at the tail end of his singer-songwriter phase and about a couple of years away from his move into adult-contemporary. A great show from a great American artist!

KiwiAlan

Re: Neil Diamond - Thank You Australia

Post by KiwiAlan »

Thanks for th heads up. Will buy this.

I saw that same show when he did the New Zealand leg.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

KiwiAlan

Re: Neil Diamond - Thank You Australia

Post by KiwiAlan »

Thanks for th heads up. Will buy this.

I saw that same show when he did the New Zealand leg.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete