Thats The Way It Is Now..Have you guys seen this ??

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
JonRomanovich
Registered for: 21 years

Thats The Way It Is Now..Have you guys seen this ??

Post by JonRomanovich »

Wearing Elvis looking clothes and trying to smile like him etc etc while not on stage makes me wanna kill kittens.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30260665

iF iT'S tOO lOUD, yOU ARE tOO oLD

I'm on facebook!! Jon Romanovich

Topic author
JonRomanovich

Re: Thats The Way It Is Now..Have you guys seen this ??

Post by JonRomanovich »

It's a new CD on a nothing label (at least thats what I think..Rojam Records ??). It shows video of Shawn recording in the style of TTWII Rehearsals. He actually looks pretty good but.....I dont even need to keep typing, do I?

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

carolynlm wrote:The firewall we have on my work computer is stopping me from seeing this, but I will have a look at home.
It's probably very gruesome.... :x

Don't do it Carolyn -- you will only swear!

We have EPE to thank for this Clown -- the more they encourage him the worse it will get

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

You gotta admit he is pretty good!

Is this part of a cinema release or video or what?

If it does focus millions around the world on Elvis Presley - what's wrong with that.

Perhaps EPE are unveiling this in Memphis very soon.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

KiwiAlan wrote:You gotta admit he is pretty good!
Yes, that version of "The Sound of Your Cry" just kicks ... tush.

Of all the songs to choose ... what a brilliant and telling selection indeed.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

PEP

Post by PEP »

Where the ETA's really fail is when they are recorded and that includes Shawn Klush. smt195

As good as this clip is for what it is, it still is not good enough, because it is not Elvis. :evil:

Watching something like this for free is one thing, buying something like this is altogether another ball game, that I certainly would not play or pay for.

PEP 8)

Justin

Post by Justin »

Amazing that someone can feel totally okay with themselves by not just imitating a person's voice but also their mannerisms, their walk, their laugh...everything about Elvis. I mean, if he wants to sing like Elvis...fine...go ahead...but to continue imitating him when the tape deck has stopped recording.....wow.

At least put him to good use or something.....star him in another bio miniseries....aren't we due for another mediocre one?

Bodie
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Bodie »

I think Shawn Klush actually thinks he is Elvis, and that the problem.

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

carolynlm wrote:The firewall we have on my work computer is stopping me from seeing this, but I will have a look at home.
It's probably very gruesome.... :x
Which firewall do you use???? That's a selling point if ever I heard one - "Guaranteed to stop 99% of all ETAs". Hell, I want one of those.

First In Line
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by First In Line »

The guy's a joke. I feel sick to my stomach now

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

MattConner wrote:The guy's a joke. I feel sick to my stomach now
The guy's a joke. I feel sick to my stomach now [2]

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

stupot
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by stupot »

Shawn Klush has never said a bad word about Elvis. He's got a great Elvis-style voice and looks the part. He takes his job very seriously.

He's appearing at Bolton Arena (UK) on Sat 9th Aug. Singing with him will be The Sweet Inspirations and playing drums will be DJ Fontana. He's sold over 5000 tickets for the show and its the most successful Elvis Tribute show ever held in the UK...its rumoured that agents of several high profile celebrities inc the Beckhams have bought blocks of tickets for the event

Last year 6,000,000 UK TV viewers watched Shawn Klush win the title of World's Greatest Elvis.

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

stupot wrote:Shawn Klush has never said a bad word about Elvis. He's got a great Elvis-style voice and looks the part. He takes his job very seriously.

He's appearing at Bolton Arena (UK) on Sat 9th Aug. Singing with him will be The Sweet Inspirations and playing drums will be DJ Fontana. He's sold over 5000 tickets for the show and its the most successful Elvis Tribute show ever held in the UK...its rumoured that agents of several high profile celebrities inc the Beckhams have bought blocks of tickets for the event

Last year 6,000,000 UK TV viewers watched Shawn Klush win the title of World's Greatest Elvis.
And your point is? I could make a similarly impressive sounding list about the achievements of Daniel O'Donnell, but it wouldn't change the fact that he's crap.

Speaking of Danny, I'm not the only one who has a not so secret dislike. This is from his Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_O%27Donnell_Irish_singer although I suspect not for very long.

stupot

Post by stupot »

Richard Palmer wrote:
stupot wrote:Shawn Klush has never said a bad word about Elvis. He's got a great Elvis-style voice and looks the part. He takes his job very seriously.

And your point is? I could make a similarly impressive sounding list about the achievements of Daniel O'Donnell, but it wouldn't change the fact that he's crap.

Speaking of Danny, I'm not the only one who has a not so secret dislike. This is from his Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_O%27Donnell_Irish_singer although I suspect not for very long.

My point is to try to enlighten some people who may not be aware of certain things. Richard I wasn't trying to impress you or anyone else.

I try hard to be nice, going out of my way to avoid confrontation... Poor John Lennon he didn't know what the f*ck he was on about did he...give peace a chance...what a load of Bollocks!

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

OH MY GENTLE JESUS!!!! Hand me a sick bag. What a goon!!!!! :shock:

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

stupot wrote: My point is to try to enlighten some people who may not be aware of certain things. Richard I wasn't trying to impress you or anyone else.

I try hard to be nice, going out of my way to avoid confrontation... Poor John Lennon he didn't know what the f*ck he was on about did he...give peace a chance...what a load of Bollocks!
I wasn't trying to be rude to you, I was trying to put down the impersonator. I don't see what there is to enlighten anyone about, he's not good enough to sing as himself, so he has to rip off somebody else's act. If he was a comedian doing another comedian's routine, he'd be sued.

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

Bodie wrote:I think Shawn Klush actually thinks he is Elvis, and that the problem.

Bingo!

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

stupot wrote:I try hard to be nice, going out of my way to avoid confrontation... Poor John Lennon he didn't know what the f*ck he was on about did he...give peace a chance...what a load of Bollocks!
You are incredibly nice, as this post proves.

"Give peace a chance" ... yeah, what a crock.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

stupot

Post by stupot »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
stupot wrote:I try hard to be nice, going out of my way to avoid confrontation... Poor John Lennon he didn't know what the f*ck he was on about did he...give peace a chance...what a load of Bollocks!
You are incredibly nice, as this post proves.

"Give peace a chance" ... yeah, what a crock.
Walk a mile in my shoes Doc....

He was definately asking too much with so many protagonists about. Nothing's changed and as this MB oten proves (present company excepted) it probably never will.

Topic author
JonRomanovich

Post by JonRomanovich »

I actually played bass behind Shawn Klush about 7 years ago. He was a super cool guy and did the Elvis moves to a tee on stage. I was actually amazed that even when his hair messed up during the show, it messed up exactly the same way Elvis' did. He was, at that time, extremely respectful to offer up or say, I aint no Elvis, etc. He didn't talk like Elvis and didn't come close to laughing like Elvis.

What makes me wanna puke now is that he is always on and doesn't shut off; as comments stated above. I honestly wouldn't put it past a person like this who starts believing he is some sort of reincarnation and go to extremes of using uppers and downers or other faults, just to be more like his idol. He already started smoking the wood tipped mini cigars as I can see from the video. When I played behind him, he was against smoking big time. I smoked Marlboro's at that time and I remember him backstage telling me to take it outside with the cancer sticks.

Another good example of this is Ted Neely (Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar). The poor guy has played Jesus for so long, he walks around like he can heal people. Anyone that has met him would agree to that.

I think Shawn would be kick ass if he played Elvis for 90 minutes on stage and went back to wearing jeans and shorts when off stage..instead of walking around in TTWII rehearsal outfits and MSG press conference blue suits when not on stage.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Richard Palmer wrote:...he's not good enough to sing as himself, so he has to rip off somebody else's act.
If he was a comedian doing another comedian's routine, he'd be sued.
That's a tad harsh.

The 'tribute band' set-up is big business these days !

There are 'fake' bands around [of groups like Abba for example] who are making a fortune !

We find ETA's offensive because we are too familiar with the original !

But they have their place.................................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

ColinB wrote:
Richard Palmer wrote:...he's not good enough to sing as himself, so he has to rip off somebody else's act.
If he was a comedian doing another comedian's routine, he'd be sued.
That's a tad harsh.

The 'tribute band' set-up is big business these days !

There are 'fake' bands around [of groups like Abba for example] who are making a fortune !

We find ETA's offensive because we are too familiar with the original !

But they have their place.................................
I work with women who go through the paper each week looking to see what concerts they can book for. They'll say "I'm going to see Neil Diamond in September, and then in October we're off to watch Meatloaf. I'm just trying to book for Abba...." and at that point you realise what they're on about. They never go and see any real acts, it's all either tribute bands, or musicals based around a performers back catalogue. All those hundreds and thousands of original acts out there, making fantastic music, and all these people want to do is sit in comfy seats clutching their glow sticks singing along to second rate versions of the classics.

Obviously it's their choice, and it makes them happy, but I will never see the point of it. The best of it is, one of these women - roughly the same age as me - was at Led Zeppelin's last ever UK live show in Knebworth, and so it's not like she has grown up liking crap. I really don't get it.

jean mary
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by jean mary »

This was all over our website about three months ago......I said then, I have seen a couple of imp shows and with a crowd of Elvis friends and a bottle of wine, we have had a great night out......but this is different!

What the **** is the point of trying to re-create TTWII....we can watch the original....which cannot be improved on ..... Klush might put on a good show....but he is not Elvis, no matter what he thinks......

I got into so much trouble last year when I said I thought EPE had lost the plot giving Elvis Week over to imps....instead of Elvis.....Klush is the Best Elvis apparently - according to EPE....until next week when there will be another Best Elvis....or will it be a Best Klush.... will there be a "sing-off" to determine the Best Best KlushElvis......

Sorry - think I'll stick to the Original Best Elvis
:smt007

Jean

Justin

Post by Justin »

I'm just trying to understand the psychology of this all....who are the people who are attending these shows (both of ETAs and just general cover bands or other Tribute Artists). Are they there because they like the performer? They like the artist they're performing as? The music? Are they pretending that this really is Elvis on stage?

I went to a Rolling Stones cover band once and I enjoyed it only because I got to hear my favorite songs played live. I just love live music and to hear songs like "Midnight Rambler" or "Brown Sugar" live is always a nice treat. But I didn't care who was playing the songs--even though they all dressed up as the Stones (Mick, Keith etc...). They could've worn elephant costumes...and I would've loved it.

Is this the same or different with ETA's? I'd never want to see an ETA...I"d never ever PAY to see an ETA...so if there was ANY reason for me to see one...it'd be to hear some songs nice and loud and live. That'd be the ONLY reason. But not to see how well Shawn klush can talk and joke around like Elvis in between songs. Still, ETAs just ruined the idea all together because the idea of Elvis has become so exaggerated and saturated in such a terrible way...it's more like a cartoon character than an actual person.

I just don't get the thought process for those individuals who absolutely love these ETAs and support them so faithfully.

jean mary
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by jean mary »

Exactly.... people say to me - having seen an imp......oh he was JUST LIKE ELVIS....what the.......??????

People in general have forgotten not only what Elvis looked like....(how could anyone?????) but what he sounded like....they compare one of these wannabees to the last one they saw......they have forgotten just how wonderful, how original, how unique Elvis was......or maybe I'm over stating the case....maybe they never knew in the first place......

But we do - and you would think EPE might do too.......but they are still promoting their Ultimate Elvis Contest and their last years Ultimate Elvis as a great attraction to Elvis Week......

I was there last year - but I was there for Elvis......Elvis Elvis Elvis Elvis Elvis...... LOL

Jean