Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
mrpssteer
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

doug church in concert

Post by mrpssteer »

or email me for tickets at mrpssteer@aol.com
Last edited by mrpssteer on Sat May 17, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
mrpssteer
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: doug church in concert

Post by mrpssteer »

sorry if in wrong topic will someone please put it in the correct place thank you

KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KiwiAlan »

Not off topic at all!

Are you jealous that you cant sing like Elvis?

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

mrpssteer wrote:sorry if in wrong topic will someone please put it in the correct place thank you
The trash is the only place for it.

Brad M

Post by Brad M »

"The Voice Of Elvis"

That has to be a joke !

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Brad M wrote:"The Voice Of Elvis"

That has to be a joke !
No joke, just a cheap attempt to promote yet another Elvis Imposter. The poster obviously hasn't be hanging around this forum very long.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Doug Church is scheduled to perform in my area in a few weeks, and I am debating whether to attend or not. If I don't go, it's not because of any great disdain for ETA's--then again, I'm not eager to fork over much cash for an ETA, either. My wife thinks we should go, so I suspect we will, but who knows.

What to do?

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

KHoots wrote:Doug Church is scheduled to perform in my area in a few weeks, and I am debating whether to attend or not. If I don't go, it's not because of any great disdain for ETA's--then again, I'm not eager to fork over much cash for an ETA, either. My wife thinks we should go, so I suspect we will, but who knows.

What to do?
Put on TTWII again and then look to spend your hard earned on a current touring artist/band you like.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

The voice of Elvis?????

:smt078

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Cryogenic »

Y'know .... I think Doug Church is alright.

But the arrogance of ETAs never ceases to amaze me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the voice of Elvis can be experienced only on recordings made by Elvis, right?

What's more ... doesn't Shawn Klush make the same claims?

I can think of only one way to settle this. We need a Harry Hill special.

FIIIGGHTT!!!!!!!

(I only expect British posters to get that. Kudos to anyone else who knows.)

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

KHoots wrote:Doug Church is scheduled to perform in my area in a few weeks, and I am debating whether to attend or not. If I don't go, it's not because of any great disdain for ETA's--then again, I'm not eager to fork over much cash for an ETA, either. My wife thinks we should go, so I suspect we will, but who knows.

What to do?
Put your foot down - that is what you do. Tell her Doug Church is an embarrassment to the Elvis legacy.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

midnightx wrote:

What to do?
Put your foot down - that is what you do. Tell her Doug Church is an embarrassment to the Elvis legacy.
I suppose that is the correct thing to do, midnight, but somehow, she tends to win every argument we have!

tupelotomemphis
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by tupelotomemphis »

Ive just come back from a caribbean cruise with Doug Church performing, and unless you hear his voice live you dont know what you talking about. As a rule i dont like ETAs as i think the majority are an insult to Elvis but Doug Church is an amazingly talented person, wonderfully humble and would put himself out for anybody.
Its easy for Elvis fans to write off ETAs and i can understand why, but i would thoroughly recommend seeing Doug, he really does sound like Elvis. My mother who was also on the cruise, has seen Elvis live 5 times and even she was amazed just how good Doug is.

PEP

Post by PEP »

tupelotomemphis wrote:Ive just come back from a caribbean cruise with Doug Church performing, and unless you hear his voice live you dont know what you talking about. As a rule i dont like ETAs as i think the majority are an insult to Elvis but Doug Church is an amazingly talented person, wonderfully humble and would put himself out for anybody.
Its easy for Elvis fans to write off ETAs and i can understand why, but i would thoroughly recommend seeing Doug, he really does sound like Elvis My mother who was also on the cruise, has seen Elvis live 5 times and even she was amazed just how good Doug is.
.There are illusions of similarities to Elvis' voice through listening to DC live, however even Doug Church doesn't sound like Elvis if the truth be known, NO One Does, but by saying that, Yes, he is certainly one of the better sounding ETA's that are out there.

At one time, I personally enjoyed a lot of what was on the Kingtinued Album released a number of years ago where he was singing material Elvis would have maybe recorded if he would have lived.

For the longest time there, it was great listening to the album, I even made my own cd's up where I would have Elvis sing a few songs then Church would come up right after Elvis, however when Elvis' voice and DC's voice are put side by side like that, One can really tell the difference and I found after a while Doug's voice became rather irritating to listen too. It's really tough going back and listening to some of that material. As there are more than a few things missing in his voice that Elvis had in his that Doug or any ETA for that matter cannot duplicate.

Also take note when One listens to Doug Church singing material that Elvis had recorded and there is a reference, the real test comes into play. I personally didn't like anything that he had recorded of any of the material Elvis had done with the exception of the song "Yesterday", still it was not Elvis and one could tell the difference right away and as well at least to me, other than that one song where I thought he did a good job, I personally wasn't impressed with the other material.

Bottom line is Doug Church is good nonetheless for what he is, he does have a voice there is No doubt about that, but again he is not identical to Elvis nor is he even close, then again neither is any ETA that is out there like I said. Anyway at the same time One still wouldn't be dissapointed in seeing him either, as long as your expectations aren't too high, which most are not, as most do not understand or care what's there, they just want to be entertained and this I can understand and this I know DC can do is entertain.

He is like I said certainly one of the better ETA's out there for a Elvis style voice but that is as far as it goes, he is a little tough to look at, as in my opinion there is charisma lacking and his look really isn't a Elvis look, he's not the best looking guy out there either. But hey most will still have a good time I'm sure during any performance he may do..

PEP 8)

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Renan wrote:The voice of Elvis?????
Yes.

Haven't you ever heard of Elvis Wade?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Doug has a show here in a few weeks with tickets starting at $38.00!! Puhlease!

Tom

PEP

Post by PEP »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Doug has a show here in a few weeks with tickets starting at $38.00!! Puhlease!

Tom
Hard to believe how times have changed, My bother, cousin and I saw Elvis at the the Las Vegas Hilton March 26th 1975 D/S
An the cost at that time was $20.00 a ticket which inlcuded a Steak Dinner and a bottle of Champagne and we got to see the real thing !

PEP 8)

Ben

Post by Ben »

PEP wrote:
Tom in North Carolina wrote:Doug has a show here in a few weeks with tickets starting at $38.00!! Puhlease!

Tom
Hard to believe how times have changed, My bother, cousin and I saw Elvis at the the Las Vegas Hilton March 26th 1975 D/S
An the cost at that time was $20.00 a ticket which included a Steak Dinner and a bottle of Champagne and we got to see the real thing !

PEP 8)
Is that picture from the EXACT show Pep??

PEP

Post by PEP »

ben wrote:
PEP wrote:

Tom
An the cost at that time was $20.00 a ticket which included a Steak Dinner and a bottle of Champagne and we got to see the real thing !

PEP 8)
Is that picture from the EXACT show Pep??
Hi Ben

To be honest with you, I am not sure myself.

Sandi Pichon send me some pictures a number of years ago via email where she dates these pictures below as March 26th/1975 D/S, so since Elvis can be seen wearing the same suit in the above picture I thought I would use it.
PEP 8)

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Eddie »

PEP wrote:

Tom
An the cost at that time was $20.00 a ticket which inlcuded a Steak Dinner and a bottle of Champagne and we got to see the real thing !

PEP 8)
Yes, but he's no Doug Church, is he?

I got you melancholy baby, built like a melon face like a collie.

tupelotomemphis
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by tupelotomemphis »

look up Doug singing 'love song of the year' on YouTube and see what i mean. This is what hes like now, back to his best

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

tupelotomemphis wrote:look up Doug singing 'love song of the year' on YouTube and see what i mean. This is what hes like now, back to his best
He doesn't hold a candle to Elvis Wade.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

tupelotomemphis wrote:look up Doug singing 'love song of the year' on YouTube and see what i mean. This is what hes like now, back to his best
Against my better judgement, I watched this so-called performance. I don't what is more pathetic, the fact that the dumbass doesn't even know when to start the song; the very amaturish karaoke singing style; the bad, bad canned music; or the fact that this dipshit actually thinks he is Elvis. "Back to his best", indeed. Go back to promoting that idiot and leave this forum for true fans of The Man.

Tom

Narek
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Narek »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
He doesn't hold a candle to Elvis Wade.
Give us a link please, couldn't find him on youtube

He's the King. No matter what you think.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Doug has a show here in a few weeks with tickets starting at $38.00!! Puhlease!Tom
Yeah, I'd never pay that, either. The ticket price for the show coming here is $15 apiece.