Trouble on Beale Street & The Hard Rock Cafe

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Trouble on Beale Street & The Hard Rock Cafe

Post by Little Darlin »

For those that have been to Graceland and visited Beale Street, I thought you may be interested in this!

Full Story here ..http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/feb/28/stepsons-missive-hits-a-sour-note/

A small sample..

I was informed by friends & fans world wide, that my good name as “founder” of the internationally beloved Hard Rock Cafe and House of Blues (and that of my late father, John Burton Tigrett) was once again used without my notification or permission to aggrandize the importance of my father’s third wife, Pat Kerr of Savannah Tennessee. You reported on the world-wide internet that a permanent accolade was placed on Beale Street, the “Historical Birthplace of American Music” in honor of the “important contribution” to Memphis Music; made by Pat Kerr? Her 26 year old son, Kerr? John Tigrett and myself? Is there any explainable earthly reason why my name and those of Pat Kerr and John Tigrett’s should be placed along side the true Masters and Heroes of American Music; WC Handy, Otis Redding, B.B. King, Isaac Hayes, Jerry Lee Lewis, Sam and Dave and Elvis Presley!?! This is a travesty to Memphis Music and an insult to the great contribution of the men and women whose sweat, blood, and god-given talent made Memphis the epicenter of the world’s music culture!!! Has the Beale Street Commission lost its mind? Certainly they have lost their credibility with musicians and music fans around the world by succumbing to this absurd mockery of honoring socialites who have never sung a note and never played anything but a radio!

I wish to publicly apologize to the citizenry of Memphis and especially the Musicians, Writers and Fans to whom I have dedicated my life’s work.

I am hereby informing the Beale Street Commission, the Memphis Visitors Bureau, and the Mayor’s Office that I wish my name and that of my beloved father, and any records noting the Hard Rock Café or the House of Blues to be destroyed immediately, and that the ludicrous “Off-Key Note” be immediately removed from Beale Street, or I will sue all of them for Illegal & Unauthorized use of my name, The Hard Rock Café, and The House of Blues.

Pat Kerr’s continuous burlesque ride on the coat-tails of others’ accomplishments is an embarrassment to the Tigrett Name. As a sad example, she recently in Jackson Tennessee, the home place of the Tigrett Clan, of which she has absolutely no claim, created the ‘John Tigrett Award’ to honor a great citizen of Jackson. And who was this great citizen, the first honoree of the John Tigrett Award? Pat Kerr, of course. Many Jacksonians were outraged by this insulting egocentric attempt to walk in the great shadows of heralded generations of great Tigrett women, including my recently departed mother and great matriarch of the Jackson Culture, Francis Tomlin Tigrett.

Pat Kerr’s continuing shameless self-promotions, using the Tigrett’s Reputation spanning 2 centuries in West Tennessee, and the illegal and unauthorized use of my name, and that of the Hard Rock Café and The House of Blues, must come to an end.

ISAAC BURTON TIGRETT II

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010