What's up with Lisa Marie?

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

What's up with Lisa Marie?

Post by Little Darlin »

I would say she's Pregnant but the Daily Mail in the u.k. isn't so flattering.

Her smouldering gaze and curled lip leaves no doubt that Lisa Marie Presley is every inch her father's daughter, but it now appears she's also inherited a few of Elvis' less appealing qualities.

The 39-year-old looked bloated and dishevelled at a charity event in New York last night, where she closely resembled the King of Rock 'n' Roll during his demise.

She was joined at the event by Priscilla Presley, who at 62, looked surprisingly more youthful than her daughter.
Lisa Marie, who was just nine when her father was found on the bathroom floor at Graceland at the age of 42, recently recorded a duet of In The Ghetto to honour the 30th anniversary of his death.

She broke down in a flood of tears when she heard a final version of the track, which was released in August to raise money for charity.

She said: "We had two hours to lay down my vocals. So the next morning, I heard the rough and I've never cried when I've done anything but I just lost it when I heard it."

The song features Lisa Marie's voice layered over the original version of the 1969 hit.

"People have been asking me to do another duet with him forever, but I had to do my own thing before I went back there."

"So I was ready. I just had to figure out what would be right. And suddenly it came to me, all at the eleventh hour."

"I do think this idea would mean a lot to him."

"Singing this particular duet with him was more emotional for me than anything I'd done before. I wanted to focus on something important, and not just do something silly."

Presley, whose former husbands include Nicolas Cage, Michael Jackson and Danny Keough, is now married music producer Michael Lockwood.

She has two children, 18-year-old Riley and Benjamin, 14, from her previous marriage to Keough.

Presley1REX0712_468x762.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Rob

Re: What's up with Lisa Marie?

Post by Rob »

She still looks better than who she's with.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Both look alarming to me :shock:

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

It was infuriating to read the ''bloated'' comment but I was so shocked to see the photo. It's a big change to her appearence on the Oprah show a little while ago. I do hope everything is ok with her.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Johanesson »

OMG! Cacodemons!

Elvis_Priestly

Post by Elvis_Priestly »

That's certainly scary - not just her apparent size but the look in her eyes. Actually reminds me more of Gladys than Elvis. Maybe though its just a big winter coat for NY and a bad moment?

The pregnancy rumour I know was discussed after the August concert because the orange frock she wore did suggest something but in the pics I took of her immediately beforehand in the VIP lounge she doesn't look pregnant. That said if she isn't and today's pic is to be taken at face value, thats a big change in four months!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Swithin StCleeve

Post by Swithin StCleeve »

The Daily Mail is rubbish paper and this is a none story.

It's an unflattering photo, and that's about it I reckon.

EagleUSA
Registered for: 21 years

Post by EagleUSA »

Not one of her more flattering photographs. I'd say at first glance that she's just come off a 3 day bender. It will be interesting over the next several years to see how she ages and how her health is, as she does take after Elvis quite a bit.

Eagle

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

EagleUSA wrote:Not one of her more flattering photographs. I'd say at first glance that she's just come off a 3 day bender. It will be interesting over the next several years to see how she ages and how her health is, as she does take after Elvis quite a bit.
I read somewhere that Lisa Marie had been having treatment for some kind of poisoning from her fillings in her teeth, but that was before August. Maybe she's had more treatment who knows, but it is an unflattering shot none the less.

Elvis_Priestly .. that's a Beautiful photo of Lisa.

Just a little afterthough about the coat she's wearing. Double Breasted coats aren't flattering for the figure ..but like E_P said it's just something about the eyes.

Gary1
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Gary1 »

One things for sure you could wipe your a** on the Daily Mail and more crap would come from the paper. :roll:

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Maybe she was having a bad day, it happens to everybody.

Ben

Post by Ben »

Joe Car wrote:Maybe she was having a bad day, it happens to everybody.
not me i look a million $$ every day, well my mummy tells me that :oops: :lol:

i think she is still alright, i wouldn't say no:P

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

She is currently working on a restoration process of the 1977 CBS material with Dick Carruthers (who has worked on DVD projects by The Who and Led Zeppelin). The plan is to release it as a deluxe DVD package and it will coincide with a red carpet event in Rapid City in June of 2008. There will be EPE giveaways for a handful of lucky fans to attend the event and to have their picture taken with Lisa and Johnny Harra who will be wearing the Mexican Sundial Suit. Stay tuned.

R.R.D

Post by R.R.D »

Hey midnightx

I think that news deserves a thread on its own dont you. :wink:

I now its only Rock & Roll but I like it

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

They both look like rejects from an Adams Family remake.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

sjkj
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by sjkj »

KiwiAlan wrote:They both look like rejects from an Adams Family remake.
you got that right :lol:

sjkj

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

Lisa Marie.jpg
A close up shot reveals just how bad her bender was. I'd say she needs a rest, lest the tabloids start running "fat & forty" issues come February.

Eagle

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

LMP is OK in my book. I hope she is doing well, forget the one bad photo -- she is a beautiful woman.

If I met her, I would take her to lunch, on my dime!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Doc..

The girl is ill .. look at the photo from August and look at the one from last night. No one is saying she isn't beautiful but how can someone change that dramatically in such a short space of time?

Somethings not right there.

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Little Darlin wrote:...but how can someone change that dramatically in such a short space of time?
I'm going to guess and say she is pregnant, she has said a number of times she wants to have a baby with her husband Michael... the lips are what disturb me though about the pictures...... looks like she's started botox treatments like her mom. Something else also makes me think she is pregnant is that it appears she is letting her natural hair color to grow out instead of dying her hair(which i think dying your hair is a bad thing to do when your preggo)....... JMO

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

Little Darlin wrote:Doc..

The girl is ill .. look at the photo from August and look at the one from last night. No one is saying she isn't beautiful but how can someone change that dramatically in such a short space of time?

Not necessarily. Photos can make people look much worse than they do if the angle is bad or lighting unflattering. Also, the earlier pic is taken when she has good make up and is dolled up for the evening. The latest pic isn't. Perhaps she hadn't been awake long.
Last edited by TJ on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Purple Gang
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by The Purple Gang »

TJ wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:Doc..

Not necessarily. Photos can make people look much worse than they if the angle is bad or lighting unflattering. Also, the earlier pic is taken when she has good make up and is dolled up for the evening. The latest pic isn't. Perhaps she hadn't been awake long.
Also, the camera can often catch someone in mid-blink so that they appear to be half-asleep, half-drunk or generally out of it. [Well, that's the excuse I always use].

No sig.

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Cryogenic »

I second The Doc. This is the sort of sleazy tabloid journalism that plagued Elvis. Remember 1975? "Fat and 40" -- he overdosed just after. Lisa is an extremely good looking lady; then and now.

The minute obsession that some have with looks and appearance, and the willingness to believe anything a tabloid throws at them, is very sad. Clearly, some people have learnt nothing from the misrepresentation of Elvis in the media, the hounding of Diana or a number of other pointed examples.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Cryogenic wrote:I second The Doc. This is the sort of sleazy tabloid journalism that plagued Elvis.
Remember 1975?
"Fat and 40" -- he overdosed just after.
Lisa is an extremely good looking lady; then and now.
Well said !

We should cut the girl some slack.

It's not easy having celebrity parents......................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Little Darlin wrote: The girl is ill .. look at the photo from August and look at the one from last night. No one is saying she isn't beautiful but how can someone change that dramatically in such a short space of time?
I don't know whether Lisa is experiencing any problems or not, but It is ironic that people were saying the same things about her dad around the same age of his life. She does tend to fluctuate her weight and overall appearance, but welcome to the club!! She is a beautiful woman, in my opinion.