"Lord Don't Slow Me Down" - On DVD October 29

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Peter Franks
Registered for: 21 years

"Lord Don't Slow Me Down" - On DVD October 29

Post by Peter Franks »

On October 29, Lord Don't Slow Me Down, a documentary of Rock band Oasis' 2005 world tour, is released on DVD. The two-disc set will also contain footage from their July 2, 2005, show in Manchester, amongst other bonus features.
http://www.oasisinet.com wrote:On 29th October Oasis release a brand new DVD film.

What happens when a film maker follows one of the world’s biggest bands on a year long world tour? What happens when the film maker is granted unique access to that band, is present for the ups and downs, the moments of greatness and the periods of the same interview in 10 different languages in as many days? What happens when that band is Oasis, travelling across 26 countries on their biggest world tour to date playing to a total of over 2 million people?

The answer is ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’, a double DVD set that not only gives you the definitive feature length documentary seen in selected cinemas last year, but also the option of voice over commentaries from the band, a Noel Gallagher Q & A session with fans from New York City, out takes from the film, and a second 90 minute bonus disc capturing the band’s homecoming show at the City of Manchester Stadium together with footage sent in by fans from around the world who attended that show. If you wanted to know what the members of Oasis make of their lives on tour and their audience, then the answers are on these two discs.

Directed by Baillie Walsh who has previously worked with Massive Attack (he made ‘Safe From Harm’), Spiritualised, New Order and Kylie’s Slow, and is now working on a film with Daniel Craig, this DVD set is a compendium of Oasis entertainment par excellence.

‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ contents:

Disc One:
• Feature length documentary tour film ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ in stereo and surround sound.
• Bonus audio commentary – Noel, Liam, Andy and Gem guide you through the film with their recollections of the tour.
• A Noel Gallagher Q&A session with fans runs alongside out-takes from the film.

Bonus Disc:
• Oasis live at City of Manchester Stadium on 2nd July 2005 – sixteen classic tracks shot in HD with stereo and surround sound.
• Disc 2 also features unique footage and pictures sent in by fans who attended the concert.

I was hoping to catch this in theaters but I never once heard about it appearing in any local cinemas. I've never seen Oasis live, but I did see a sixty minute edit of this film on TV and it was enjoyable, if a little short on music (from what I recall).

"I don't mean nothin', I just thought I'd say it..."

"I like a lot of the new groups. You know, The Beatles and The Byrds..."

Official member of the Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society.

"We don't make any long terms plans of what we're going to do." -- Ernst Jorgenson, 2002.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Thanks for this. Love em or Hate em they have made an impact. I shall get this and pass it on to My Son.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

If they had offered as many great songs as they did put-downs of other band, we'd be talking about a truly MAJOR band. Still, "Wonderwall" and "Live Forever" are terrific.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

When what's the Story came out I remember having to listen to it from Morning Noon till Night and not by choice either..from that I started to like them. I think the Band have settled down now..well hopefully and am really looking forward to Both the DVD and New Album which according to their Website is due out in 08. I have a feeling that some of their Fans have moved on a bit now, but I suppose that's what happens when Bands take a rest for a while.

Whatever they come up with on the New Album, I don't think they will ever top Look Back in Anger, which I think was a bit of an Anthem for them back then.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Re: "Lord Don't Slow Me Down" - On DVD October 29

Post by Cryogenic »

Peter Franks wrote:The two-disc set will also contain footage from their July 2, 2005, show in Manchester, amongst other bonus features.
I was there!
drjohncarpenter wrote:Still, "Wonderwall" and "Live Forever" are terrific.
Absolutely. Those are their best, I think. But don't forget "Cigarettes And Alcohol", "Rock 'n' Roll Star", "Supersonic", "Don't Look Back In Anger", "Champagne Supernova", "Acquiesce", "The Masterplan", "Half The World Away", "D'You Know What I Mean?", "All Around The World", "Force Of Nature", "Little By Little", "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" et al. They've done a LOT of great work. At the concert I was at, they also did a terrific version of The Who's "My Generation". Yeah, their attitude stinks, but they also don't beat around the bush -- and I can always respect that.

Rigs

Post by Rigs »

drjohncarpenter wrote:If they had offered as many great songs as they did put-downs of other band, we'd be talking about a truly MAJOR band. Still, "Wonderwall" and "Live Forever" are terrific.
They did deliver 4 great rock and roll albums.

- Definitely maby
One of the best debut albums of a rock band

- (what's the story) Morning glory
wich features: Wonderwall, Don't look back in anger and the amazing champagne supernova

- The masterplan
A sublime collection of b-sides, that are just as good, if not better than the A sides.

- Don't believe the truth
Great'60's (kinks) style rock.
Lyla (rolling stones like track)
THe importance of being Idle (one of their best tracks)
The meaning of soul (with DJ. Fontana influenced drumming)

That's a total of 4 out of 7 great albums....Not bad at all!

Opinions are like a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s: everyone has got one

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Cryogenic »

Rigs wrote:- Don't believe the truth
Great'60's (kinks) style rock.
Lyla (rolling stones like track)
THe importance of being Idle (one of their best tracks)
The meaning of soul (with DJ. Fontana influenced drumming)

That's a total of 4 out of 7 great albums....Not bad at all!
Thanks for mentioning their last one. I suppose it's taken a time to grow on me. I also forgot the classic "Roll With It"! Incidentally, while a lot of those I previously listed are personal favourites, I omitted some others, perhaps not quite classics for one reason or another, that I love: "She's Electric", "Stand By Me", "Who Feels Love", "The Hindu Times" and "Songbird".

Rigs

Post by Rigs »

Stand by me, Songbird and she's ellectric are top notch songs. I'm really looking forward to their next studio album. I hope it's a long the lines of the last one.

Opinions are like a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s: everyone has got one

Topic author
Peter Franks

Re: "Lord Don't Slow Me Down" - On DVD October 29

Post by Peter Franks »

Definitely Maybe is a great record, an essential sample of Nineties Rock & Roll in Britain. The consistency amongst the tracks is astonishing, especially for a debut, and the overall groove of the record will put a bounce in your step and a swagger in your gait on a sunny day every time. I love (What's the Story) Morning Glory, too, but it's not nearly as consistent and it's not nearly as Rock & Roll as its predecessor. I quite like their last two albums (Heathen Chemistry and Don't Believe the Truth), but they're not the obvious classics that their first two albums were. "The Importance of Being Idle" is the best thing I've heard in years, though.

I expressed here my interest in an expanded version of The Masterplan -- for one thing, it is astonishing that "Whatever" is not available on CD!
Cryogenic wrote:
Peter Franks wrote:The two-disc set will also contain footage from their July 2, 2005, show in Manchester, amongst other bonus features.
I was there!
How was it? From the footage I've seen and the audio I've heard, including in Lord Don't Slow Me Down and on YouTube, Liam's recent singing is occasionally strikingly inferior to his performances on record. His singing is far more coarse, more irritated; I don't particularly like it. It's not that he can't sing as well as he could, but that he occasionally doesn't want to -- at least, that's the way it seems to me. What were your impressions?

For those that haven't heard it yet, the official Oasis website have posted the video clip for the documentary's title track on YouTube.

"I don't mean nothin', I just thought I'd say it..."

"I like a lot of the new groups. You know, The Beatles and The Byrds..."

Official member of the Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society.

"We don't make any long terms plans of what we're going to do." -- Ernst Jorgenson, 2002.