Kennedy Assassination theories

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Kennedy Assassination theories

Post by likethebike »

Yesterday was the 90th anniversary of John F. Kennedy's birthday. When an occasion like this comes up it almost always comes back to the assassination which is understandable as it was a signpost event of the late '20th century.

On the cable show Hardball the issue was hashed out once again with legendary prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi taking the side against any conspiracy theory. In the end everyone agreed with him and they hauled out one of my pet peeve theories on the origin of the conspiracy theories. This is the line that we come up with conspiracies because we can't deal with the fact that this "loser" couldn't take out a great man like JFK.

Besides being a kind of backwards refutation of democratic theory (aren't all men supposed to be created equal?) this theory always annoys me because it's condescending. The reason to me that there are the conspiracy theories is because the official version of events is very unlikely. It may very well be a 100 percent true but it's an unlikely turn of events. You have the leader of the free world being shot from an open window hundreds of feet away by a single gunmen. It was general procedure to have all windows closed when the president rode through. Then you have a man walking up to the most valuable prisoner in the world and shooting him in front of allegedly the best federal, state and local security available. What are people supposed to think?

I'm not arguing that there was a conspiracy. There's a lot of evidence that it wasn't. However, when you have such an unlikely and illogical turn of events it's not irrational to think that there's more than the eye can see.

Rob

Post by Rob »

With or without a conspiracy, I'm afraid the outcome is always the same. I try not to wonder about it anymore.

However, as I watched television last night and I realized that the man would have been ninety years old, I wondered something else.

Would the Vietnam situation have been different had he lived?

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

Now the Kennedy assasination is right up my alley! What do you want to know :D!?

Suspicious Minds
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Suspicious Minds »

I think it was a conspiracy. I don't know about guns but there is no such thing as a magic bullet that went through JFK and the Governor. One theory goes for a crossfire. There were two lots of shooters from behind. one from either side and one in the front. Oswald's rifle would have to be real easy to use and shoot 3 times in less than 6 seconds. The shot from the front left was the fatal shot as JFK goes back to his left.
The Vietnam war was why JFK was killed. JFK did not want the war in Vietnam as it would cost millions of dollars. He was right about that. The helicopter people made the most money out the Vietnam. LBJ was afraid he would too old to be President after JFK's term. Don't know if Richard Nixon was part of the conspiracy because JFK beat him in the elections of 1960.
I think Oswald was a patsy because Jack Ruby had to shut him up. Never mind the love the President excuse. He was allowed in the police station any time. Now he could work out what day and time to shoot Oswald. I thought nobody could go into police stations unless they were there on official business.
Onasis could have ordered the shooting because he wanted Jackie Kennedy.
There is a lot of theories. You still have to years for the official reason of JFK assassination.

Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

ImageImageImage

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Jack Ruby slept in! Ruby was suppose to of been at the Dallas Police Station at 10am! They kept Oswald in until Ruby got there .....
Kennedy was in Dealey Plaza under 50 seconds. Every single second was captured by either film or photograph! Zapruder caught the top of the black dog man (who incidently left behind a coke bottle) as he was zooming around to the right! Unfortunately, Zapruder stopped filming just before he got to the picket fence. Abraham was that close!!!!! He only had to film a few more seconds and he would of had the son of a b!tch assasin in sight!

Anyone know of the Umbrella man? I do :lol:! Man, this is so interesting!

ColinB
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by ColinB »

Anyone seen that computer graphic reconstruction ?

The scene can be viewed from any angle.

They claim it supports the 'lone assassin' version.

But I still worry about that grassy knoll.............

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Suspicious Minds

thefunkyangel wrote:Jack Ruby slept in! Ruby was suppose to of been at the Dallas Police Station at 10am! They kept Oswald in until Ruby got there .....
Kennedy was in Dealey Plaza under 50 seconds. Every single second was captured by either film or photograph! Zapruder caught the top of the black dog man (who incidently left behind a coke bottle) as he was zooming around to the right! Unfortunately, Zapruder stopped filming just before he got to the picket fence. Abraham was that close!!!!! He only had to film a few more seconds and he would of had the son of a b!tch assasin in sight!

Anyone know of the Umbrella man? I do :lol:! Man, this is so interesting!
The Umbrella Man was a heckler and it supposed to have been raining that morning. He wasn't seen after the shooting. Makes you think he was signal man for the shooters.
I don't believe the computerize theory. They can make you believe it happened that way. I believe the fatal shot was from the fence on JFK's front left.

Frank

ImageImageImage

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

The umbrella man lifted (apparently he did this after each shot) his umbrella up in salute and walked away ala Charlie Chaplin style! The umbrella man can be seen in the Zapruder film as the motorcade comes out from behind the Simmons sign!

Little Darlin
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Funky

Have you seen the footage on Liveleak.com?...... if not just type in JFK.....mindblowing stuff.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Suspicious Minds wrote:...I believe the fatal shot was from the fence on JFK's front left.
Front right, surely ?

From behind the fence on the grassy knoll.

Also to Zapruder's right - but behind him....

Colin B

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by TJ »

ColinB wrote:Anyone seen that computer graphic reconstruction ?

I saw it and found it very convincing, but don't remember the precise details now. I do remember thinking at the time that there seemed to be an adequate explanation for many of the points that have long been considered suspicious.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

TJ wrote:
ColinB wrote:Anyone seen that computer graphic reconstruction ?

I saw it and found it very convincing, but don't remember the precise details now.
I do remember thinking at the time that there seemed to be an adequate explanation for many of the points that have long been considered suspicious.
Yes, they made a pretty good case, didn't they ?

Colin B

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

It (the Dallas trip) was Jackie's first public outting since the miscarriage of her baby! The press bus was conveniently relocated towards the rear of the motorcade, thus not leaking out initial reports. What is interesting was the fact that the following morning New Zealand papers had splashed on their front page just about all relevent information in relation to the assasination!
You're probally saying 'big deal!' but when you take into consideration the time difference between Dallas and New Zealand, it equates to roughly 12-15 hours. Now, this is where it get's interesting ..... Kennedy was butchered around 12.33pm Dallas Time! Okay, are you with me now!? If you add the 12-15 hour time difference, it is, let's say for argument sake, 4am (New Zealand time) the following morning! To put simply, the New Zealand newspaper printers/ editors/ writers had the story of the assasination, even BEFORE any of the shots had been fired in the first place!

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

This explains EVERYTHING.

Eagle

Topic author
likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by likethebike »

The responses here I think show the other reason why the conspiracy theories are so prevalent, it's interesting. I know we're not supposed to admit that but it's true.

I think the Ruby thing though is the key to the conspiracy theory. It just boggles the mind when you can't even into a court house without someone popping up to ask you your business that this guy could have walked into this high security situation with a GUN.

By all accounts Kennedy was not committed to Viet Nam and may very well have pulled the troops. At the time of his death, Kennedy was more interested in detente than in escalating the Cold War according to biographer Robert Dallek.

That Kennedy would only have been 90 stresses how actually young he was when he got killed and was president. Bobby would have been only 82. It is very possible he still could have been alive today were it not for the assassin's bullet. Of course, Kennedy's age shows also how far we are from the event.

Do you think the theories will continue long into this century or will die with the generation that remembers the event and the one just after it that it had drilled into their heads?

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

EagleUSA wrote:

This explains EVERYTHING.
LOL !! :lol:

Well, maybe not everything !

Colin B

Suspicious Minds

ColinB wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:...I believe the fatal shot was from the fence on JFK's front left.
Front right, surely ?

From behind the fence on the grassy knoll.

Also to Zapruder's right - but behind him....

Colin

When you looking at the film JFK is shot from the left front side. Or from the same side as Zapruder. JFK was shot on his right front side of his head.
I still don't believe Oswald did this alone.

Frank

ImageImageImage

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

I think Oliver Stone is very close to the truth with his film JFK..... IMO no way in hell was there a single gunman. How the hell does one get shot in the back and the bullet come out of your throat then bounce all over the car going throught the person in front of you like 3 times... then they convently find the bullet on a stretcher at the hospital that did all of this damage..... right! :roll:

...back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left!!

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

JEFF d wrote:I think Oliver Stone is very close to the truth with his film JFK..... IMO no way in hell was there a single gunman. How the hell does one get shot in the back and the bullet come out of your throat then bounce all over the car going throught the person in front of you like 3 times... then they convently find the bullet on a stretcher at the hospital that did all of this damage..... right! :roll:

The computer graphics explain all that.

The Oliver Stone reconstruction didn't have the seats lined up correctly.....

Colin B

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

The other shooter was a Texan known as George Bush, the Grandfather...errr...Godfather.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

KiwiAlan, is that so :roll:?!

Justin

Post by Justin »

Where is the link to this computer graphic?

This computer graphic proves how a bullet coming from behind a person can make their head jump back--coming towards the oncoming bullet--on impact?

never understood how that can be proven.

if a bullet is coming this way towards a target (X)

---------------------------------------> X

X ------->
you'd think the target would lean FORWARD on impact?

How the hell does JFK's head move BACK on impact when the shooter was "behind him" in the depository. In my book...there was a shooter IN FRONT of him. Maybe in the grassy knoll..

Apologies for the elementary visuals above.

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

ColinB wrote:
JEFF d wrote:I think Oliver Stone is very close to the truth with his film JFK..... IMO no way in hell was there a single gunman. How the hell does one get shot in the back and the bullet come out of your throat then bounce all over the car going throught the person in front of you like 3 times... then they convently find the bullet on a stretcher at the hospital that did all of this damage..... right! :roll:

The computer graphics explain all that.

The Oliver Stone reconstruction didn't have the seats lined up correctly.....
Hi ColinB, is this computer graphic from the ABC Peter Jennings documentary from a number of years back? If so its been a long time since I've seen that, would be cool to see again.

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

JEFF d wrote:Hi ColinB, is this computer graphic from the ABC Peter Jennings documentary from a number of years back?
If so its been a long time since I've seen that, would be cool to see again.
Can't remember.

I think I've got it stashed away on VHS somewhere.............

Colin B

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Strangly enough I'm going to Dallas tomorrow and was thinking about stopping by the grassy knoll and the school book depository. I still may but I'm pressed for time.

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan