Ok Beatles got first. Kiss gets second

Which album is the heaviest

Hotter Than Hell
Creatures Of The Night
Lick It Up
Revenge :twisted:

kiss

Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:01 pm

now now genisism, we all know ac/dc rock better. :)
regards nick

Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:10 pm

LMFAO!! :wink:

Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:00 pm

Genesim -
I have nothing against Kiss, and I don't particularly care for hard rock/metal, but as hard rock/metal bands go I'd also have to go with ACDC. But here's the real reason for my post: you've got a native Detroit rock & roll classic: Bob Seger!

Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:28 pm

AC/DC Rocks!! Bon Scott days best IMO.

"Can I sit next to you girl.." Kiss made them too though. They supported KISS as a opening act in the early days. AC/DC is the closest post Black Sabbath/Ozzy rock band that is even in the same league. Though KISS blows them away, stage presence guitar playing and even song quality. Again, I can't really say much bad about AC/DC. It is just that KISS changed changed rock concerts performances. They were the beginning of a new trend. This is the only place that makes KISS as legendary as Elvis and The Beatles. Gene alone can compete with most people in the charisma department. No accounting for taste though. Night Prowler is one of my all time favorite AC/DC classics.

Bob Seger I like, but I would save that for another comparison.

Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:02 pm

:mrgreen:
That would be Revenge! Not only because of the great line up: Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Eric Singer and Bruce Kulick, but also for the songs.

Offcourse during the Lick It Up "days" it was a turningpoint in the Kisstory: finally those stupid masks were taken off! long live kiss UNMASKED! However, it's sad to know that kiss isn't what it used to be.

I WANT PAUL, GENE, ERIC (SINGER) AND BRUCE BACK !![/img]

Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:46 pm

Unmasked, is way underrated. They were a very good band with Eric(either one) and Bruce. I agree that if they band fights then they suck.

Revenge is a awesome album. Their last album was pretty heavy too(that is unmasked). I still listen to it. I wish the band could do this. Have BOTH BANDS exist at the same time. Put it out there for people to decide. SO what studio albums did we have with Bruce Kulick-Asylum, Crazy Nights, Hot In The Shade, Revenge, and Carnival Of Souls. Just look at the progression. Who knows what they would have sounded like had they kept going!! Very underated indeed!!

For Bruce greatest off each album(barring Erics they really are the best all the time!)
Lets see IMO
ANYWAY YOU SLICE IT-ASYLUM
NO NO NO -CRAZY NIGHTS
BETRAYED-HOT IN THE SHADE
UNHOLY-REVENGE
I WALK ALONE(Love this one!!)-COS
The most remembered guitar work of Bruce's is when I saw them on the Animalize Live Uncensored video tape. The man is a awesome guitar player. I also like him on a song called ZEPTUNE on a Guitar for the practicing musician compilation.

Which songs are you favorites from Bruce, blackdiamond? Is he your favorite guitar player that KISS had? He is not mine(for obvious reasons), but a CLOSE second.

Incedently, I am probabably gonna go broke seeing these punks when they go on tour with Aerosmith!!

Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:33 am

I refuse to see KISS without Vinnie Vincent. :lol:

Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:45 pm

Heaviest Kiss album might be Revenge or Carnival Of Souls but my absolute favourite is Creatures! 8)

I haven't payed much attention to the band since about 1997, IMO the make-up has once again enslaved them.

Vinnie who?

Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:44 am

Vinnie who? Oh yeah, that guy who played on Lick It Up, Vinnie Vincent. According to some kiss fans Vinnie Vincent is basically technical a good guitarplayer, and i must admit he plays very good. Vinnie is a real heavy metal guitar player and i think he didn't fit quite in the band.

I think that Bruce Kulick IS Kiss' best guitarplayer Gene Sim. Ofcourse Ace Frehley is the "legendary" kiss guitarplayer but Bruce played much longer in kiss than Ace. I've seen kiss live in concert twice here in Holland with Ace (reunion and psycho circus concerts in 1997/1999) and sure it was awsome to see the "old" kiss live. But if we kiss fans had only one wish, it would be fun to pick our own kiss members. Saw Eric Singer on a Kiss expo in Holland last year when he was touring with Alice Cooper. He told some stories (don't know if one should believe them...) about Paul and Gene that they were only in for the money and that's why they decided to put the make up on and tour with the old line-up.

Sometimes i wonder....if Eric Carr didn't die, what would have become with kiss nowadays....a lot better than they are doing now i think!

WHAT ABOUT KISS ALIVE 4? is it out yet?

You wanted the best you got the best, the hottest band in the word....

Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:58 am

well, Ace sucked on PC tour, i'm sorry to say this. I saw it, he just gave up completely. He's still the greatest but i do think Kiss needs to go back to Bruce or Vinnie to gain some credibility again.

Alive 4 was recorded in 1999-2000, but never released because of record company power games. We did get Rock & Roll All Nite on recent box set...

Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:54 pm

ACE is the best ...not the best player but he's the original !!
it's so great to find some elvis fans who love KISS , the ultimate band !
i've seen them in 1980 and 1996 and they rock !
Olivier

Fri May 02, 2003 1:28 am

Genesim - just curious: how would you rate Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy and Led Zeppelin? They are all in my book of favorite hard rock bands. AC/DC is also up there, especially the Bon Scott era-albums (though Back in Black without Scott -but in his spirit- is a masterpiece too), afterwards it was mostly an uneven road for them. That counts also for the other bands I mentioned, their best work was their earlier work and what followed immediately after.

I must say I haven't "discovered" Kiss yet. What album or collection of theirs would you recommend to get kiss-ed :P ?

Sun May 04, 2003 2:26 pm

If you are new with Kiss try these albums:
1. Dynasty
2. Music From The Elder. My personal favourite because it isn't "normal"
kiss album. Most favourite song is "A World Without Heroes", sung by
Gene Simmons
3. Crazy Nights
4. Asylum

I'm an "non-make up" kiss fan. I'm a kiss fan since 1979 when the album Dynasty came out. But I prefer the kiss line up without make-up.