A question to FECC

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

A question to FECC

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Can I ask, if you (FECC)decide to delete a thread can you warn us in advance?..I have tried to follow certain threads only to find that they disappear, or can we have a deleted thread section so we can can check whats gone?..thanks :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KiwiAlan
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by KiwiAlan »

Or at the very least a proper reason.

Not this "Violation of rule 10 or whatever.

But.....the reason why a rule is broken.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

More like it's not what you know, but who you blow and I can tell you, I'm not blowing anyone. If I have something to say, I'm going to say it! I have had things deleted in the past which p!ssed me off. Nothing, and I mean nothing should ever be deleted.

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years

Post by elvissessions »

thefunkyangel wrote:Nothing, and I mean nothing should ever be deleted.
This makes no sense.

For example, we've had one-time "visitors" who have posted racist/anti-Semitic comments.

There's an active thread like this on another Elvis board right now, in fact, praising incredibly racist remarks that some sick individual has dreamed up and attributed to Elvis.

There's no reason in the world for that material to survive. It makes us all look bad by allowing it.

Many other examples of ban-worthy material spring to mind, but I think the point is made.

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

I agree with you on racist/ anti-semitic comments, but it's being deleted because you had a b!tch about someone on here, that sh!ts me off.

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

The one post that pissed me off that got removed, was when i held up that the FECC administrator did'nt deleted Docs offensive posts because he favours him. I'll get this one deleted too, i bet ya, but i don't care :P :lol:

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

elvispresleyfan1935
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

Nope Scott, it's still there :wink:

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Must give credit where it's due..............

They deleted a thread of mine once and e-mailed me with a full [& polite] explanation of why they did it.

Mind you, that was a long time ago.....

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:The one post that pissed me off that got removed, was when i held up that the FECC administrator did'nt deleted Docs offensive posts because he favours him.
I think you would find that if the Admin/Mods were identified (like virtually every other MB on the net) the reason for that would become a lot more apparent. Instead, the Admins prefer to take a secretive approach.

We've had this debate before. Nothing will change. All that will happen is that valuable contributors like Keith Flynn and Ger will continue to vote with their feet and leave here until there is nothing left but pointless drivel. It is a real shame that a valuable asset to the Elvis world is slowly being strangled to death.

Anyone want to place a bet on how long it will be before this thread descends into personal insults like every one before it?

Chris

elvispresleyfan1935
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

ChrisM wrote: Anyone want to place a bet on how long it will be before this thread descends into personal insults like every one before it?
Chris
And it's actually quiet sad that you can almost gurantee that's going to happen. :roll:

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

carolynlm wrote:I don't think this will happen....everyone will vent, then get back to the things that really matter.
The fact that is impossible to have a proper debate here without being personally attacked or bullied by the Admins "really matters" to some of us.
The fact that is has driven away some of the best contributors "really matters" too.

Chris

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Steve_M wrote: I'm not sure that the info you've provided is true.
I am.
Steve_M wrote: If you were to be a made a mod on here you would be ChrisM the mod.
Yes, if the site Admin chose to identify me.
Steve_M wrote: In what way and when would you ever be identified if that was the case ?
The word "Mod"/"Moderator" or an "M" icon would appear next to my username and Avatar in every post I made.

Look at the first post (and every subsequent post by the same guy) here as an example.

Chris

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Steve_M wrote: We have the names of the mods on here for example, boomerang and the boss but are we any the wiser as to their identity ?
No, we have the names of some of the Mods. There are other members who have Admin privileges without being identified. The problem is that unknowingly, you will never win a discussion with them. If you prove them wrong, they will delete the evidence.

It could be that boomerang/boss etc are aliases for other well known posters here, used only when things don't go their way.

I know the accusations of paranoia will be along soon. I just think that it would be more honest for the mods to make themselves known.

Chris

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

The bottom line is that it's their forum. We are but simple guests here.

Tom

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:The bottom line is that it's their forum. We are but simple guests here.
Absolutely true. But what kind of forum have you got left when all the most interesting guests leave?

Chris

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Steve_M wrote:You end up with a party that you want. Will it be a party that people want to turn up to ? as far as FECC goes then the answer is YES!
Again, I agree entirely. The party will continue and new guests will arrive. The trouble is that going by the recent evidence, the new guests won't be anywhere near as interesting or knowledgeable as the old guests who were driven away by the attitude of the hosts. You still have a party, but it is not as good as it used to be.

Chris

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Steve_M wrote: If what you say is true then verify it with the evidence.
OK, I will.......Oh wait, most of those threads have been deleted.

Except for this little gem that I dug up from the 'Letter to Nixon' thread from a couple of years back:
Steve_M wrote:
A word in your shell like.

See, I got this thing going on here which I intend never ever to abuse. For better or worse I'm an admin. You may laugh, maybe as hard as I did, but it is true. I've been watching and following you and I've thought, "hmmmm.....not exactly mainstream posting, but each to his own". So that was that.

But, even if you believe what you say and are sincere in your approach, just be careful you don't push it too far coz I might wanna start playing with some of the buttons next to your name, the red color ones.

Carry on, as you were, I just wanted to introdcue myself, that's all. :wink:
Why did you need to "introduce" yourself? Surely he knew you were an Admin?

Chris

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Steve_M wrote: Suggesting that there is someone esle "hidden" or whatever who is removing posts on here you dont seem to say why you suggest this or any reason why you think it is not the boss or administrator.
Look - I am trying really hard not to make direct accusations and "name names" because this thread will just get deleted like the others before it. I am happy to let everyone think I am paranoid if it means this thread gets to stay alive and gives a few people pause for thought. I am not sure if you honestly do not know who I am talking about or if you are just being disingenuous. I suspect the latter, since it really is not rocket science to work out who the other Admin(s) might be.

Just like the OP, all I really want is a little bit more honesty. Good people are leaving because they see the futility of putting their effort into this MB. I like this place. It can never be replicated. I want it to remain a source of valuable knowledge and debate, but right now it is very slowly changing into a pale imitation of what it once was.

I am pretty close to being done here. My family and I are moving to the US in the summer and I highly doubt I will have the time or inclination to post here during or after the move. I don't doubt that I won't be missed at all, but I will miss it myself. But at this rate, there won't be anything left to miss.

Chris

sam

Post by sam »

Steve_M wrote: We have the names of the mods on here for example, boomerang and the boss but are we any the wiser as to their identity ?
I think I know who one of them was!!!!

:lol:

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Last edited by Steve_M on Sun May 27, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.