DROOPY ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina
Registered for: 21 years

DROOPY ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Ok, for me, this is HUGE!!!! Tex Avery's Droopy: The Complete Theatrical Collection will street on May 15th! Droopy has always been a favorite of mine and I have been wanting this on DVD for years. Oh BOY!!!

Tom

genesim

Post by genesim »

Thats very good news indeed! I used to have the Compleat Tex Avery and I miss it entirely....though I was helped out on quite a few of them.

Classic cartoons. Always liked the real Spike!

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

Post by Guest »

It's about time someone did something with the Pink Panther, I would love the excuse to watch it with my 3 year old Nephew :D

genesim

Post by genesim »

Pink Panther??? What does that have to do with the genius of Tex Avery the GODFATHER OF CARTOONS????

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

Post by Guest »

Nothing at all really but I just thought I would mention, if they are doing things with cartoons why not?????

genesim

Post by genesim »

Just wanted you to "wreckognize"! :lol:

But yeah, anything that draws attention away from the master is a crime.

I do enjoy the Pink Panther though.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

sid wrote:It's about time someone did something with the Pink Panther, I would love the excuse to watch it with my 3 year old Nephew :D
Sid,
There are no less that 5 Pink Panther cartoon complilations currently out on DVD. Indulge yourself!

Tom

Wim
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by Wim »

Question for Tinc: How many Avery/ Droopy cartoons are made? And how many are there on the DVD??

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

Wim wrote:Question for Tinc: How many Avery/ Droopy cartoons are made? And how many are there on the DVD??
I think that Tex directed 17 Droopy shorts. While I haven't seen the final list, my guess would be that most if not all of these will be featured on the upcoming DVD.

Tom

Wim
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by Wim »

Thanks for the info! As far as I can remember I never saw more then 6 different ones,( and I liked them a lot) So,I hope it won`t take very long for this DVD to show up here in the Netherlands.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

genesim wrote:I used to have the Compleat Tex Avery and I miss it entirely....
Wouldn't it be awesome to have that on DVD?! I mean Droopy, the Wolf, and Screwy Squirrel all in one set. WOW!!

Tom

genesim

Post by genesim »

I wish they would include the 4 cartoons he did for Walter Lance as well. That would complete the era.

Though I understand he did work in the 70's, it wasn't up to par with the golden age.

Oh well, I have them anyway, but they are cut.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

I was talking with a friend at Warner today and he said that the Droopy set will consist of 2 discs. He didn't have a list of shorts or any info on extras. More when I have it.

Tom

genesim

Post by genesim »

Yes and I anxiously await! If they are uncut...even better.

Great stuff, though it shouldn't end there. The Wolf, Spike, Screwy, Home of the Future...etc.

They should release it all!

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Wim wrote:Question for Tinc: How many Avery/ Droopy cartoons are made? And how many are there on the DVD??
From http://www.thedigitalbits.com

The 2-disc set will include 24 re-mastered and unedited animated shorts, including Dumb-Hounded, The Shooting of Dan McGoo, Wild and Woolfy, Northwest Hounded Police, Señor Droopy, Wags to Riches, Out-Foxed, The Chump Champ, Daredevil Droopy, Droopy's Good Deed, Droopy’s "Double Trouble", Caballero Droopy, The Three Little Pups, Drag-a-Long Droopy, Homesteader Droopy, Dixieland Droopy and Deputy Droopy. The set will also include 7 Cinemascope shorts in anamorphic widescreen, including Millionaire Droopy, Grin and Share It, Blackboard Jumble, One Droopy Knight, Sheep Wrecked, Mutts About Racing and Droopy Leprechaun. Extras on the set will include the Droopy and Friends: A Laugh Back documentary and the Doggone Gags montage.

Here's the cover art:

Chris
Last edited by ChrisM on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

Thanks for the info, thedigitalbits.com.

Tom :roll: