Aussie Cricket

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
KiwiAlan
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Aussie Cricket

Post by KiwiAlan »

I hereby declare that the NZ cricket team deserve to be totally munted this week. They are absolutely hopeless...almost as bad as the brits.

I am sad to see Shane Warne go...I had the honour and pleasure of chatting to him a year ago. He is a throughly good bloke regardless of what the London tabloids say. May he have a long and happy retirement.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Tom in North Carolina

Re: Aussie Cricket

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

KiwiAlan wrote:I hereby declare that the NZ cricket team deserve to be totally munted this week. They are absolutely hopeless...almost as bad as the brits.
Ok, I have no idea what "munted" means (I'm a Yank), but I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't like it.

Tom

Topic author
KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Munted = destroyed, trashed. In context "the stadium grass was munted after the Stones concert"

Also an kindly term to a cobber (mate,friend) as in "you little munter" rather like "You little rascal"

Which could be applied to Peter Jackson right now in his action in sueing New Line for greater profit return on Lord Of The Rings. As New Line pointed he has made $250 million already! How much more does he really need!

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete