Off Topic Messages

Glenn Campbell

Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:04 pm

any fans out there..?

personally i like his voice a lot, gentle yet powerful when it needs to be (It's Only Make Believe etc.).

I dearly wish Elvis had cut a proper version of Don't It Make You Wanna Go Home - such a beautiful, beautiful song.

Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:09 pm

I don't have any of his stuff, but I like him. And, Tuesday was his 67th birthday!

Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:11 pm

I like him, I saw him in concert in Los Angeles couple years ago and he was great.

Here something related to Elvis and Glen

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/real/campbell/campbell.html

Francesc

Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:44 pm

Glen is a great guy. He and I used to play golf in The Crosby every year and he was always very nice and patient with the fans. He also has some great stories.

Tom

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:15 am

I've always liked Glen's music. Next to Elvis, one of my first memories (around age 3) is listening to and trying to sing with Glen's records. Remember the Good Time Hour? Awesome show!!!

Personal favorites...Gentle on my mind, By the time I get to Phoenix, Galveston, Country Boy, Wichita Lineman....so many to pick from. One hell of a talented guy. He was pretty good, too, in True Grit. That's one role I wish they'd considered for Elvis.

Eagle "His Truth Is Marching On"

Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:47 am

I think he's a great entertainer and probably one of the best guitarists around now, IMO.

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:28 am

Glen had quite the life. He played with some great musicians and groups. He also got pretty messed up with drugs but who didn't in the 60's and 70's. Glen finally found God and is living a very much cleaner life.

jeff R

Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:58 pm

I like Glen. He's got a lot of good records out there.

:mrgreen:

Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:05 am

EagleUSA wrote:Personal favorites...Gentle on my mind, By the time I get to Phoenix, Galveston, Country Boy, Wichita Lineman....so many to pick from.

yep, i agree with your choices. Wichita Lineman. A Classic, nothing more needs to be said.

thanks for the link, Francesc! looks cool...

BTW, didn't Glenn also play guitar on some E records. Some soundtrack(s) if i remember correctly...

?

Sat May 03, 2003 5:16 pm

Glen is a great singer, artist and performer. I have seen him many times on stage and he is brilliant. He has a new concert out on DVD which is well worth getting.

Brian :D

Mon May 05, 2003 8:10 pm

Great Artist, have many of his recordings.

Mon May 05, 2003 10:02 pm

I dearly wish Elvis had cut a proper version of Don't It Make You Wanna Go Home - such a beautiful, beautiful song.

This is a 1969 <u>Joe South</u> track -- R&B singer Brook Benton hit #45 in the summer of 1970 with it. One or both of these is where Elvis likely heard it. South also wrote "Walk A Mile In My Shoes," another great song.