Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
the squirrel
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Why is DJC allowed to get away with it?

Post by the squirrel »

DJC wrote:

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
Every once in a while, this thread earns its keep in Elvisdom ...
And on that note I'm going to request that this topic now be locked.

After 153 posts, seven (7) pages, and 4465 views -- !! -- it's obvious the losers are trying to wreck another nice dialogue.

I want to thank the thirty-eight (38) members who honestly tried to help, or at least made a decent comment:

Gregory Nolan Jr.
elvissessions.com
elvis-fan
likethebike
Joe Car
Scarre
houndog
Hav-A-Tampa
The Purple Gang
ColinB
JonRomanovich
carolynlm
Stan from Tintane
JLGB
Mike C
unclefester
Melanie
Jim Dandy
KiwiAlan
splanky
dennisdee
rockinrebel
Claus
bajo
Christopher
elvisjock
CHRISTIAN
monkboughtlunch
Tom in North Carolina
KingOfTheJungle
midnightx
ekenee
NightRider
KHoots
thenexte
tcb4
elbo51

and one more KUDO to the gentleman who contacted Marty Lacker and got the accepted answer =>

JamesVRoy!

As for the nine (9) losers, it's our misfortune you cannot post your refuse in "Chat-Talk" ... all you do here is prove how lonely and/or pathetic you are.

And that's the way it is.

FECC.

Why did you lock the thread?? it was still ongoing........ why is this jumped up little hitler (DJC) allowed to get away with this all the time??

Kylan had already said it prob wasnt an entertainer and DJC ridiculed him for it........it turned out Kylan was right and he DJC wont even acknowledge he was in error and apologise to Kylan.

You pander to his requests even when hes being called out on something.......DJC was out of line so why was the thread locked?
he even thanks tom in nc and his sole contribution was "do we know its elvis presley"? :lol:

How can he even be taken seriously when he thanks people like that take and belittles kylan who was right on the money (If he spoke to people in real life with the same attitude as he does on here he'd soon have a good old bitch-slapping) he then gets the topic closed so he cant even be called on that fact??

He complains about other people spoiling the board yet his attitude stinks to high heaven, and why he is also allowed to insult people left right and center and not a single one of you moderator's will ever step in, yet a thread is locked as soon as he spits his dummy?

Why is he continually allowed to behave in this manner and go unchallenged when everyone else gets reprimanded??

Everybody brings happiness to this messageboard.
Some when they enter.
And some when they leave.

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

Why is this in the "All Elvis" section?? Shouldn't this be "Off-Topic"??

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

Topic author
the squirrel

Post by the squirrel »

Because the original post was in this section.

Some when they enter.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

the check is in the mail Squirrel! :lol:

Larry Dickman

Post by Larry Dickman »

Bloody good question squirrel............DJC obviously has the special GOLD membership on FECC......he is untouchable, no matter how much sh*t he hangs on others, no matter how egotistical or arrogant his attitude.

Couple of weeks ago I made one smart-arse reply to a member and recieved a PM from Admin threatening me with excommunication.......
It's called DOUBLE STANDARDS.

DJC apologists, step up.

administrator
Site Admin
Registered for: 54 years 2 months

Post by administrator »

Actually what is really annoying is that some people ( and for years ) has been on some kind of mission to attack him at any chances they have, and since the very beginning. They didn't like him from the start and never stopped since then.

Squirrel you are one of them...and it's been going on for years. You know what...we are as tired of you as you are of the Doc...and it goes for several others doing the same. In many cases you like to throw oil on the fire when normally it wouldn't be necessary...now burn with it.

We are running this site/forum and we call the shots.

FECC Team

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Thank heaven that we all have different personalities - it would be very boring otherwise.

The Doc and I have our spats - but I bear with this as his knowledge of the hey day of rock and roll is usurpassed on this board.

Everybody, I mean everybody, has learnt something of historical value from him. Those who say otherwise are deluded.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

sam

Post by sam »

I think it has always been the Doc that cast the first stone!!!!
(Even years ago)

:?

administrator
Site Admin
Registered for: 54 years 2 months

Post by administrator »

Not true..actually I won't mention any member ( or ex-members ) but very often they would come as soon as he posted something no matter what...and we have no sympathy for those..none whatsoever.

FECC Team

sam

Post by sam »

administrator wrote:Not true..actually I won't mention any member ( or ex-members ) but very often they would come as soon as he posted something no matter what...and we have no sympathy for those..none whatsoever.

FECC Team
Ok I can only go by my circumstance!!!
No probs!!!!

8)

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

KiwiAlan wrote:
as his knowledge of the hey day of rock and roll is usurpassed on this board.
I totally agree.

If you have any questions about the 50`s recorded POP Music...ask the Doc. It`s not only Elvis he knows about.
I once PM`ed him about some 50`s stuff...his answers were delicious
and very friendly.
We all have our merits...just take him like he is.... :wink:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

in the spirit of Carolyn's post, ill even go one step further. Even tho he cant stand me, I like the Doc! :lol: he adds alot to the board, and I learn alot! to me, its not personal. its a message board for gods sake! i take little serious, except Elvis of course. We all have our own little personas on here. and he has his. God help him if he acts like that in real life! safe bet he doesn't! :wink:

Rock Legend
Suspended for one week
Suspended for one week
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Rock Legend »

DJC is one of the most interesting and informative people posting here.
He knows his stuff and is willing to share his knowledge. He's always very helpful whenever people ask relevant questions about Elvis' career. You can find numerous examples of that on this MB.

There are some of you that seem to harbour a grudge against him (perhaps it's jealousy?), and it's really getting tiresome to see the same group of people constantly falling over themselves to attack him. Grow up!

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Cryogenic »

Rock Legend wrote:DJC is one of the most interesting and informative people posting here.
He knows his stuff and is willing to share his knowledge. He's always very helpful whenever people ask relevant questions about Elvis' career. You can find numerous examples of that on this MB.

There are some of you that seem to harbour a grudge against him (perhaps it's jealousy?), and it's really getting tiresome to see the same group of people constantly falling over themselves to attack him. Grow up!
I second this post.

Larry Dickman

Post by Larry Dickman »

Rock Legend wrote:DJC is one of the most interesting and informative people posting here.

Ouch!

Topic author
the squirrel

Post by the squirrel »

administrator wrote:Actually what is really annoying is that some people ( and for years ) has been on some kind of mission to attack him at any chances they have, and since the very beginning. They didn't like him from the start and never stopped since then.

Squirrel you are one of them...and it's been going on for years. You know what...we are as tired of you as you are of the Doc...and it goes for several others doing the same. In many cases you like to throw oil on the fire when normally it wouldn't be necessary...now burn with it.

We are running this site/forum and we call the shots.

FECC Team
I thought this would be the reply.....You just confirmed what i said in my original post........He's treated with with kid gloves while the rest of us are reprimanded.

As for me, i've never had an agenda where he's concerned, if you think i do it's you who's deluded............i just dont like the way he treats me and other's on here.

He's given license to attack people freely on here, and when we complain it's our fault?? Yet when he complains about the something or someone the thread is locked at his request??

You need to step back and look at the way he treat's others ....If you took the time to read his posts you will find it's usually him who starts attacking or trying to belittle people he doesn't like or who disagree with him.

Has it come to the point where we aren't even allowed to complain about him now?

Some when they enter.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

the squirrel wrote:........He's treated with with kid gloves while the rest of us are reprimanded.
You're right.

My thoughts:

a] He's a knowledgeable fellow with a wide understanding of Elvis and 50's/60's music.

b] He can be rude and even quite nasty at times.

c] He is obviously not a run-of-the-mill-bog-standard ordinary member of the MB and the admin don't treat him like one.

d] His attitude and 'special' status have made him some enemies on here.

e] Said enemies are quick off-the-mark to bring him to task when he is out-of-order.

f] The MB would be a lesser place without him.

Now this state of affairs may not be 'fair' or 'just' but that's the way it is !

I think he should be free to act how he does; and the admin can run the MB how they want.

But others must be free to criticise him when necessary.

And free to criticise the admin when they show him special treatment.

Just my take.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Rob

Post by Rob »

I like the Doc and usually enjoy reading his posts. I do not agree with everything he says, but I respect his opinion and he has proven that he respects mine. I thought I was an expert when I came to this board, but Doc Carpenter has taught me several things about Elvis early in his career as well as a couple of things in the later years (Kalamazoo '77). For that I am grateful.

There are a few people on this board that I'd love to sit down and talk about Elvis over dinner and drinks. Doc is at the top of the list as are several others.

Keep on keepin' on, Doc.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denman
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Denman »

Somehow I'm certain that the Anti-Doc fellows eventually will miss the Doc if he ever leaves the board. They say they don't like him and his posts, but they hunt down every post he makes, and want to reply to it, etc. Really, they will be bored to death when there's no Doc anymore. They will probably deny this, but I'm almost certain. They can't live with him, they can't live without him.

If Doc ever leaves:

Those who love him,
Will miss him,
Those who hate him,
Actually love him

That's DJC's magic.

"If this suit weren't too tight."

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Denman wrote:If Doc ever leaves:

Those who love him,
Will miss him,
Those who hate him,
Actually love him

That's DJC's magic.
Hmmmmmmm..........

I didn't mention the 'love' word anywhere in my post !

Colin B

Denman
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Denman »

ColinB wrote:
Denman wrote:If Doc ever leaves:

Those who love him,
Will miss him,
Those who hate him,
Actually love him

That's DJC's magic.
Hmmmmmmm..........

I didn't mention the 'love' word anywhere in my post !
Colin, it's poetry. By the way, you don't have to mention 'love', just feel it. :wink: :roll:

"If this suit weren't too tight."

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Denman wrote:Colin, it's poetry.
By the way, you don't have to mention 'love', just feel it. :wink: :roll:
I don't have to mention or feel anything, thanks.

Colin B

Topic author
the squirrel

Post by the squirrel »

Denman wrote:Somehow I'm certain that the Anti-Doc fellows eventually will miss the Doc if he ever leaves the board. They say they don't like him and his posts, but they hunt down every post he makes, and want to reply to it, etc. Really, they will be bored to death when there's no Doc anymore. They will probably deny this, but I'm almost certain. They can't live with him, they can't live without him.

If Doc ever leaves:

Those who love him,
Will miss him,
Those who hate him,
Actually love him

That's DJC's magic.
Sorry to dissappoint you but you're completely wrong on all points.

Some when they enter.

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Squirrel,
This obviously quite personal vedetta you have against the Doc is not only borderline obsessive, but also says much more about you than him. Do I read his posts?, sure I do. Do I agree with everything he says?, of course not. Can he be arrogant?, hey, who can't? Finally, would I put his encyclopedic knowledge of Elvis up against anyone else on this board?, everyday and twice on Sunday.

Tom
Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

the squirrel wrote: Sorry to dissappoint you but you're completely wrong on all points.
Have you ever thought about starting your own forum?
Just an observation.... if he winds you up to the point of starting a thread about it?