Off Topic Messages

To Bob in Holland

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:31 pm

Bob,
Sometime in mid 2002 you asked me to ask Erin Moran (Joanie from Happy Days) for an autographed photo. I sent her an email and never heard anything back. Well, today in the mail I get a price list for her signed photos (the cheapest is $25 :shock: ). It only took 4 years to get a reply. Can you believe that??

Tom

Re: To Bob in Holland

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:07 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Bob,
Sometime in mid 2002 you asked me to ask Erin Moran (Joanie from Happy Days) for an autographed photo. I sent her an email and never heard anything back. Well, today in the mail I get a price list for her signed photos (the cheapest is $25 :shock: ). It only took 4 years to get a reply. Can you believe that??

Whatever sliver of respect I might have had for Erin Moran's limited appeal was eliminated a few years back when she tried to claim that Henry Winkler abused her as a teen on "Happy Days." It was all over the gossip magazines. How pathetic. She later recanted and apologized, but that was too little, too late.

Re: To Bob in Holland

Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tom in North Carolina wrote:Bob,

Whatever sliver of respect I might have had for Erin Moran's limited appeal was eliminated a few years back when she tried to claim that Henry Winkler abused her as a teen on "Happy Days." It was all over the gossip magazines. How pathetic. She later recanted and apologized, but that was too little, too late.

I know, that's pretty sad. Perhaps she's has been blackballed since this incident because I never see her anywhere on TV anymore.

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:38 am

Hi Tom,

Yes, I remember! How time flies .... Hard to believe it's been 4 years.

DJC's story about her is new to me, and I must say I'm disappointed. I always regarded her as an honest and true person.

In the meantime I received a publicity pic with autographs from most of the actors on it (excluding Pat Morita and Ron Howard), and it's now hanging on my 4 year old's bedroomwall. We think she has a crush on Ralph Malph ....

Many thanks anyway for letting me know!
I am not active anymore when it comes to posting on this board, but I still read most of the (off-topic) discussions. And I very much appreciate your info regarding dvd-releases of classic Warner movies.

Bob

PS: do you think it would have taken another 4 years before an autographed pic would have actually hit the doormat?
8)

Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:31 am

Bob !

Where have you been?!!

Your presence on this MB has been truely missed !