Off Topic Messages

Hey, at least Elvis never cried on stage!

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:06 pm

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=2004

Tom

Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:06 pm

Hilarious! And Blender is far from a favorite magazine of mine.

You're wrong about Elvis though. He did indeed cry on stage, like at the start of "Mystery Train," he always cried "Well, I'm the king of the jungle ... "

Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:20 am

But The Colonel did cry on the stage one time when a vendor approached him and whispered "These Boxcar Enterprises frig magnets just ain't moving"

Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:43 am

More lists put The BEatles "Oblah Dee" opus as one of the 50 worst songs of all time, and Tom Parker as one of the 50 worst thing ever to happen to Rock and Roll.

Can't argue with either of those picks........

Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:17 pm

I think these are the same guys that said Sunrise, From Elvis in Memphis, and Elvis-30 #1 Hits should be part of every CD collection.

Tom

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:34 am

Scatter wrote:More lists put The BEatles "Oblah Dee" opus as one of the 50 worst songs of all time ...

"Oblah Dee"? What Beatles album is that on? I have everything they ever officially released, and I can't find it. If it's in the top 50 of a sampling that must number in the millions, surely it would be easy to locate.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:01 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scatter wrote:More lists put The BEatles "Oblah Dee" opus as one of the 50 worst songs of all time ...

"Oblah Dee"? What Beatles album is that on? I have everything they ever officially released, and I can't find it. If it's in the top 50 of a sampling that must number in the millions, surely it would be easy to locate.

Yeah Doc.........I know the name of the song and have the album as well :lol:

It's a silly little tune..........which is why I referred to it as The Oblah Dee Opus. I'm surprised the sarcasm was lost on you, of all people!!!!! :wink:

Desmond and Molly would be disappointed :D