Off Topic Messages

Cars, Saw II-Uncut & The Addams Family (TV) on DVD

Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:55 pm

Buena Vista has announced a street date of November 7th for Disney & Pixar's blockbuster Cars. The single-disc release will feature a 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer and 5.1 DTS sound. Extras will include a new animated short Mater and the Ghostlight, the Oscar nominated short One Man Band, a behind-the-scenes featurette, several deleted scenes, and a preview for Disney & Pixar's upcoming feature, Ratatouille.

P.S. I have that a 2-disc "Special Edition" of Cars is in the works, but have no official confirmation.

Now, on the complete opposite end of the spectrum:

Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced a 2-disc unrated director's cut of Saw II, which will street on October 24th (to coincide with the theatrical release of Saw III :shock:) The film will be presented in its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio, with Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and DTS-ES 6.1 audio tracks. Extras will include two commentaries, one with creators James Wan and Leigh Wannell and a second with director Darren Lynn Bousman, production designer David Hackl, and editor Kevin Greutert. Other extras include The Making of Saw II, The Making of the Saw Story, and Jigsaw featurettes.

ImageImage

P.S. This one's BIG!!!
The official release of the original 1964 TV series The Addams Family, starring John Astin and Carolyn Jones is coming October 24th.
MGM is producing the set, with Fox acting as distributor. Extras are said to include cast interviews, bloopers, and behind the scenes footage. That's the good news. The bad news is that this may not be a complete season 1 set, but rather a "best of" compilation. More news when I have it.

Tom

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:08 pm

Cars hits theaters September 7th here in Germany. That's the average three month gap. They have probably rounded up some German "stars" to record the dubbing I couldn't care less about. If only they would hire the matching voices, for example the pro, who usually dubs Paul Newman. Anyway I am a little disappointed, that there won't be a Special Edition right away, like with Nemo or Incredibles. But it could be in Germany, since the DVD is probably going to get released next year. It is my understanding that Lilo&Stich SE isn't on the US market yet?

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:21 pm

The Addams Family on dvd....woo hooh!!!! :D

Such a hillarious show it was. I also recall destroying a few electric train sets (thanks to Gomez :P ), but I never tried puting a light bulb in my mouth :lol:

Will certainly seek this one out!