Off Topic Messages

A Dream Come True

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:26 pm

I've fulfilled a longtime dream. I've bought a 4 bedroom house on 3.76 acres of land out in the country. Half wooded. I want to turn it into a mini-farm/ranch. We're moving in this weekend! I feel like Oliver Douglas. "Green acres is the place to be. Faaarrm livin' is the life for me. Land spreadin' out so far and wide, keep Manhatten just gimme that countryside." :)

Re: A Dream Come True

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:32 pm

Pete Dube wrote:I've fulfilled a longtime dream. I've bought a 4 bedroom house on 3.76 acres of land out in the country. Half wooded. I want to turn it into a mini-farm/ranch. We're moving in this weekend! I feel like Oliver Douglas. "Green acres is the place to be. Faaarrm livin' is the life for me. Land spreadin' out so far and wide, keep Manhatten just gimme that countryside." :)

Dah, dah, dah da, fresh air! Congratulations Pete!

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:44 pm

Congradulations Pete! Enjoy your new home!

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: A Dream Come True

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:51 am

Pete Dube wrote:I've fulfilled a longtime dream. I've bought a 4 bedroom house on 3.76 acres of land out in the country. Half wooded. I want to turn it into a mini-farm/ranch. We're moving in this weekend! I feel like Oliver Douglas. "Green acres is the place to be. Faaarrm livin' is the life for me. Land spreadin' out so far and wide, keep Manhatten just gimme that countryside." :)

Congratulations..I dont know your age now.. but hubby and I moved into a "biggish" property 11 years ago, now we find..its taking a toll...I wish you and your family every happiness.....will you take boarders?lol :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:05 am

would ya sell me a lil ol' plot next to the woods so i can build me a lil log cabin ?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:09 am

Congratulations, Pete !

It sounds like paradise !

Although I'm a bit of a 'townie' myself !

Good luck !

Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:27 am

congrats with your new home

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:23 am

Congratulations Pete!!!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.........there's only one better feeling than actually moving into your dream house.

Paying the sucker off.........now THAT feels good :lol:

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:54 am

Pete, Congratulations...a real dream come true :D get yoursel some Leycesteria Formosa (better known as Pheasant Berry or Himalayan Honeysuckle) planted.

Looks a little like bamboo. It self seeds grows to about eight feet tall in no time and flowers. In a couple of years you could have tens of thousands to sell.

We started a little business with the plant and sold thousands..on a small scale! You have far more space. You could green Texas!

Oh yes, get a shotgun for the Pheasants. The Victorian landed gentry grew the plant to attract the birds. Unfortunately where we live the Starlings love the seeds!!!

You have a lot of work in store...it'll keep you fit :D

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:57 am

Congratulations Pete. 8)

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Congrats, Pete! Sounds like it will be awesome. Don't hesitate to post the pics!