Off Topic Messages

Hello everybody!

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:25 pm

Hello everybody! My name is Pete (Piotr). I’m 51 and I’m from Poland. This is my first post here. This is truly one of the greatest sites on the net (along with Jordan’s Elvis World, Keith Flynn Elvis Site, Elvis News and Elvis In Norway). Joe Russo's Elvis....Straight Up ! is great to read…
But…
There have been many “what I like” posts here lately – “The Last Farewell”, “The Lords Prayer” or “Fave Versions Of The Classics”. Please stop it! We all have different tastes. This board is much more better and much more informative when You are concentrating on rare bootlegs or concerts…
And there are of course some pseudo-experts with their pseudo-scientific arguments who love to hurt other people on this board. They don’t have their own tastes… their mentors are some uneducated critics from sh..y magazines like “Rolling Stone”. Only weapon of this “experts” is “Google”. You should have unmasked them earlier! For example: they tell You how awful is song called “Life” and that if You like it You don’t know anything about good music. They don’t like it because some critics told them to do so…yeah right… but this song was written by Shirl Milete and it was on his “highly recommended” country album from 1969...So in 1970 it stopped being “highly recommended”?
What about this luckless flute in 68 version of “Don’t Be Cruel”… Those pseudo-experts might be right that it’s not a great rock’n’roll instrument… but what about those stupid “Indian” instruments and arrangements on the “Revolver” album? Remember The Beatles? “Rolling Stone” said that it’s great and it still isn’t “dated” so those instruments are perfect rock’n’roll instruments. Give me a break…Normal teenagers today can’t listen to it if they don’t use LSD…
Also those experts don’t like Elvis in the 70s – of course because of the critics. But I think this is true Elvis – he sang what he wanted during his concerts… For example “You’re The Reason I’m Living” from 22 March 1975… Those experts probably hate it…

Excuse my bad English

Remember 2 things…

Gospel+Blues+Country+Crooners=Rock’n’roll

…and…

Don’t trust Doc.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:32 pm

Hi Peter..welcome aboard....

Doc..don´t take it serious..lol...you`re our man.... :lol: !

Re: Hello everybody!

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:51 pm

Peter14 wrote:This is my first post here........There have been many “what I like” posts here lately – “The Last Farewell”, “The Lords Prayer” or “Fave Versions Of The Classics”. Please stop it!


So let me get this straight. You want everyone else here to stop giving their opinions, but then you proceed to do just that for 3 paragraphs. Kind of hypocritical, if you ask me. Also, if you are a "newbie" as you claim, what are you basing your obvious disdain of the Doc's posts on???

Tom

Re: Hello everybody!

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:26 pm

Peter14 wrote:Hello everybody! My name is Pete (Piotr). I’m 51 and I’m from Poland. This is my first post here. This is truly one of the greatest sites on the net (along with Jordan’s Elvis World, Keith Flynn Elvis Site, Elvis News and Elvis In Norway). Joe Russo's Elvis....Straight Up ! is great to read…
But…
There have been many “what I like” posts here lately – “The Last Farewell”, “The Lords Prayer” or “Fave Versions Of The Classics”. Please stop it! We all have different tastes. This board is much more better and much more informative when You are concentrating on rare bootlegs or concerts…
And there are of course some pseudo-experts with their pseudo-scientific arguments who love to hurt other people on this board. They don’t have their own tastes… their mentors are some uneducated critics from sh..y magazines like “Rolling Stone”. Only weapon of this “experts” is “Google”. You should have unmasked them earlier! For example: they tell You how awful is song called “Life” and that if You like it You don’t know anything about good music. They don’t like it because some critics told them to do so…yeah right… but this song was written by Shirl Milete and it was on his “highly recommended” country album from 1969...So in 1970 it stopped being “highly recommended”?
What about this luckless flute in 68 version of “Don’t Be Cruel”… Those pseudo-experts might be right that it’s not a great rock’n’roll instrument… but what about those stupid “Indian” instruments and arrangements on the “Revolver” album? Remember The Beatles? “Rolling Stone” said that it’s great and it still isn’t “dated” so those instruments are perfect rock’n’roll instruments. Give me a break…Normal teenagers today can’t listen to it if they don’t use LSD…
Also those experts don’t like Elvis in the 70s – of course because of the critics. But I think this is true Elvis – he sang what he wanted during his concerts… For example “You’re The Reason I’m Living” from 22 March 1975… Those experts probably hate it…

Excuse my bad English

Remember 2 things…

Gospel+Blues+Country+Crooners=Rock’n’roll

…and…

Don’t trust Doc.

Hi Piotr! Great to have you aboard!!

You show a lot of experience reading topics on this MB.

For some reason, a lot of your "views" seem very familiar.

Hey, do you know how many of your friends it takes to screw in a lightbulb? I tried "Google" with no success.

Re: Hello everybody!

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:58 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:You show a lot of experience reading topics on this MB.For some reason, a lot of your "views" seem very familiar.


My thoughts exactly.

Tom

Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:13 am

How would you fit inside a light bulb to do it?

The mind boggles/googles.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:28 am

The sad thing is that we're all probably talking to the same ten people.


And I admit it: I'm actually "Scatter." And "Doc" is Jesse Gardener/ Piotr and Keith Flynn.

"Likethebike" is actually "Rockin' Rebel," "Piers B," "Colin B"and "EagleUSA."

"Melanie" is Scotch and "Elvis'babe" and "Scott Haigh..."

And "Rob" is "JLGB" and "Minkahed" and "CD King."

"Cryogenic" is "Jay33/ Lakeisha" and also "Spanish Eyes"...

And Jeff D"? He's actually "Genesim" and "Rob," "K-Hoots," and "Pete Dube."

"Thenexte" is "Cisco" and "Maurice C.", "Elvissesions,""Kevan Budd" and "David Bendeth" and so on...


That really is Ger Rijff, though. :lol:



Okay, this is warped. :lol:


Are the administratrors back from Peru yet? :roll: :oops:

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:50 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:The sad thing is that we're all probably talking to the same ten people.

With 2432 registered users that is most doubtful.

Unfortunately, your post obscures the fact that it is only a handful of people who utilize multiple log-in names. Most folks here have a life.

And, of that handful, there are a few mentally unbalanced idiots whose sole purpose, it seems, is to disrupt the relative harmony of this MB (for example, see the first entry above -- this is not a "new" member).

It may be getting to the point where we request the administrators enact and enforce a "one log-in only" rule. It's getting to be a real waste of everyone's time that way it is right now.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:09 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:"Thenexte" is "Cisco"


No.... I am Ernst Joergensen...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:35 am

Ciscoking wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:"Thenexte" is "Cisco"


No.... I am Ernst Joergensen...... :lol: :lol: :lol:


And I am Carolyn!!! :wink:

I still have an opperation or two to go though!!! :oops:


:lol:

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Unfortunately, your post obscures the fact that it is only a handful of people who utilize multiple log-in names. Most folks here have a life.



I agree, and I was just having fun for a second there.

More seriously, what are the administrators waiting for?

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:53 pm

Can anything be done about multiple log-in names at all? Somebody mentioned before that possible trolls could even generate a fake IP.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:04 pm

Melanie

you wrote:Somebody mentioned before that possible trolls could even generate a fake IP.

Sounds interesting.

How's that done?

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:16 pm

Torben 1, I mean 2.

Let me refer you to the following thread.

http://tinyurl.com/zucva

in particular


Jesse Garon wrote:ie IP Numbers. Showing the numbers don't mean squat. There are programs that can generate you 200 different IP numbers to choose from and actually post with. What if Tom is 175. 22. 333. 6 -- but what if his number is different next time> better memorize them! But what if someone else has that same number? Is Tom that other member too? 175. 22. etc. etc.


Renan wrote:But regarding IP address: maybe you can trace the IP address and discover the whole route that the possible fake user is utilizing. I have a MB and other moderator and I caught the guy that was trying to fool around with us!! The same rout and he said it was concidence.

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:34 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:ie IP Numbers. Showing the numbers don't mean squat. There are programs that can generate you 200 different IP numbers to choose from and actually post with. What if Tom is 175. 22. 333. 6 -- but what if his number is different next time> better memorize them! But what if someone else has that same number? Is Tom that other member too? 175. 22. etc. etc.

And what if Tom just doesn't go away?

Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:48 pm

What if, indeed!

Tom