Off Topic Messages

Nelly Furtado?

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:56 am

Alizee fans, music fans, red-blooded men, etc.: what do you think of this singer Nelly Furtado?

I've heard of her for awhile, but her new sound is getting some attention.

She got mine when she appeared on "Saturday Night Live" recently :lol: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edAJyZbN ... romiscuous

:D ******************************** 8)
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:58 am

Ive done worse.

:D

Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:24 am

Awful.

Nothing distinctive about her looks -- or her pre-recorded voice.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:40 pm

I know, I "shouldn't" like that song or video.

But there's something catchy about it....and she looks okay to me.

Apparently, it's a hit here, not that I listen to any top 40 pop music anymore, if there even is such a thing.

I do believe she's singing live, by the way. "Saturday Night Live" is indeed a ltrue live program that took some guff as recently as last year when some young singer (Ashley Simpson?) was caught in the act of lip-synching on this venerable "live" program.

I think Ms. Furtado had a rep as a sincere singer and maybe even song-writer (?) until someone told her she had better gussy up her act, fans be damned. I'm not too sure about that part.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:59 pm

I've done a lot worse too, but nobody with such a stupid name.

Re: Nelly Furtado?

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Alizee fans, music fans, red-blooded men, etc.: what do you think of this singer Nelly Furtado?

I would.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:47 pm

That's my boy!

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:04 am

I do have her (first album ?) 'Whoa Nelly !' which had a distinctive sound and style and was a pretty good listen (bought on the strength of the single(s) at the time).

Haven't followed her releases since that album and to be honest I found the song in the video clip you posted there, Greg, to be rather a disappointment in comparison to the 'Whoa Nelly !' material.

Re: Nelly Furtado?

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:47 pm

ColinB wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Alizee fans, music fans, red-blooded men, etc.: what do you think of this singer Nelly Furtado?

I would.

Colin, you rascal! :wink: