Off Topic Messages

Happy July 4th to our American friends!

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:39 pm

I believe it's Independance day for our American friends. May you and your families have a safe and happy holiday.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Happy 4th of July!!!

Enjoy the BBQ.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:45 pm

Have a good one!

Geoff

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:51 pm

Thank you kindly...will be firing up the grill shortly (I've already popped the cork) :D

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:35 pm

Just one cork? now thats not a party! :lol: i also thank you for wishing us americans a happy 4th
:D

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:36 pm

Yep, same goes for me, have a happy holiday across the pond.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:10 pm

Have a fun one guys....and crank the Elvis tunes.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:21 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:Have a good one!Geoff

Thanks! We couldn't have done it without you! :wink:

Tom

Re: Happy July 4th to our American friends!

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:18 pm

Joe Car wrote:I believe it's Independance day for our American friends. May you and your families have a safe and happy holiday.

Thank you, Joe.

Happy Birthday, America!

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:26 pm

Thanks, Joe. I am safely tucked away behind this here keyboard. Must get outside now.

Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:17 am

Don't burn the burgers or spill the Bud. Have a nice day Americans :D

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:20 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
tupelo_boy wrote:Have a good one!Geoff

Thanks! We couldn't have done it without you! :wink:

Tom

Cheers Tom!

Entirely my pleasure - on that great day when we all meet in reality - the beers are on me!

Geoff

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:23 am

Happy 04th of July!!!

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:49 am

America the Beautiful - may God continue to shed his grace on thee!!

RKS

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:19 am

Thank you! Unfortunatly it's raining where I'm at today... sooo I'll be hittin the pool and BBQ tomorrow along with the fireworks! :D

Elvis Presley 30 years ago today, Tulsa Oklahoma 4th July 1976

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:34 am

Renan wrote:Happy 4th of July!!!

ditto !!! :D

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:40 am

JEFF d wrote:Thank you! Unfortunatly it's raining where I'm at today... sooo I'll be hittin the pool and BBQ tomorrow along with the fireworks! :D

Elvis Presley 30 years ago today, Tulsa Oklahoma 4th July 1976

JEFF d
EP fan

Thanks for that pic Jeff...

I thought about Elvis today Jeff...

Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:32 am

Thanks for the kind words from our neighbors and overseas friends...!
It was, for a lot of us, a nice 4-day weekend as Independence Day fell on a Tuesday, to boot.

Hey, Jeff, nice to post that shot. That's the King in our Bicentennial year of '76 and I remember that year fondly. Just tonight I was mentioning to a someone that the nation is now 230 years and how big the celebration will be another 20 years from now. That will remind me a lot of '76.

I was just a little too young to realize that Elvis was not long for this world, otherwise I might have pestered my parents to check out his tour dates... :!: That he was still participating in the civic and public life of the time (and mentioned the year in a concert or two) is kind of sad to me as it was, of course, about to end. Sort of like when he mentions in a concert in his last year "I could die now and I'd have a smile on my face" or some such, and the "Auld Lang Syne" as he rang in '77, his last year...

(sigh...) :(

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:20 am

If i died tonight,it would only take a year to get the smile off my face! from the wonderful import a hot winter night in dallas!

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:58 pm

Thank you to all for your kind wishes for a safe and happy 4th of July ... the parade here was rained out but the fireworks were great!!! :wink: :)