The FIFA Football WC In Germany 2006

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

MB280E wrote:
Deutschland über alles! :D You´ve got a great national anthem, it gave me goosebumps yesterday when all the German fans sung along.

Sincerely MB280E ( Deutschland/Norwegen) 8)

:lol:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by MB280E »

Could you PM me the words to the antheme of Germany? :)

Sincerely MB280E

"Folks, it´s been 9 years since I performed before a live audience. I´ve been busy making an 8mm film that hasn´t been released yet about a squirrel who gets lost in the wintertime and can´t find his nuts."

´98 W140 S320 (my new baby)
´90 W124 230E (sold...)
´81 W123 280E (R.I.P.)

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Allez....Les Blues...!!!

Congrats to all people from France...!!

The oldest team in this tournament...reached the finale.
Well...the penalty was o.k...two teams with the same tactics....
no garant for a top match...anyway...

The text for the anthem:

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
|: Blüh im Glanze dieses Glückes, blühe, deutsches Vaterland! :|

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Melanie
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Melanie »

After overcoming the huge disappointment after the game, at least partially, I try to put my thoughts in words: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What a shocker! The fans were singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" after the final whistle. Now we must finish third place! GO GERMANY! I read Kahn might play on Saturday, as a present from the team. And I hope Klinsmann leads us to South Africa. He who fought through a lot of crap in the press to turn that nation back onto a team that nearly pulled it off, playing an exciting and attacking style. He sparked a nation, and in the wake of the loss this has not be forgotten. Germany had a magical 2.5 weeks. I wish France good luck in the final, but it might end up being a dirty match. We were the only team to advance to the semifinal without a red card.

----

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Ballack doesn`t play... , Merte doesn`t play..
well they are injured...would they also have been injured in the grand finale..??
Kahn plays as a favour....good sign..

All in all I think we loose that game...just a feeling..the power is gone..

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

minkahed wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I wrote my comments after the first half. The game became better and better, and now I think it was a great one! I guess Italy deserved to win in the end. I'm glad that Del Piero got to score, he's a first class player and a first class person. Too bad for Germany but they have to be satisfied that they got this far with such a young team. And it ain't over yet, there is one more game for them to play!

Keith Richards, Jr.
I'm glad to read that this game turned out to be exciting in the second half. I guess I don't have the patience for the game of soccer or the theatrics that go with it. Still, given it's immense popularity in most of the world, ( with the exception of North America ) there must be something to it.
Correction, the popularity of Soccer, (Futbol) in America has always been popular, granted, not at the level of Football or Baseball, but has definetely shown promise as growing in interest, especially in the last decade.

It is especially popular amongst the youngsters and in schools.

I don't have the exact stats, but On ESPN news last nite, they reported that the viewer ratings for the Germany vs. Italy went thru the roof :!:
This from the New York Post, looks like you were right minkahed, good job.

July 8, 2006 -- WORLD Cup soccer coverage has scored a rolling series of goals for ESPN.

With the international tournament set to wrap tomorrow (Italy-France), ratings for the games have increased more than 76 percent over the last World Cup in 2002.

Thus far, each game has averaged about 2.3 million viewers on either ESPN or its sister network, ABC.

Tuesday's Germany-Italy semi-final was seen in 3.8 million homes, making it the best-rated non-U.S. World Cup game ever on ESPN.

It was also the third-highest-rated World Cup game ever aired on the network.

ABC and ESPN2 have also benefited from World Cup coverage. ABC has averaged around 3.8 million viewers, while ESPN2 has snared about 1.1 million viewers, way above its usual average.

The Disney-owned networks claim that, so far, about 90 million viewers, collectively, have tuned in for all or part of their coverage of the tournament on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC.

That's up from 78 million viewers in 2002.

ESPN will air today's third-place match between Germany and Portugal, while tomorrow's Italy-France finale will unfold on ABC.

Meanwhile, Spanish-language Univision and its companion network, Telefutura, have been scoring goals of their own with this year's World Cup.

The networks are averaging 2.3 million viewers for each of the games they've aired - on par with, and in some instances better than, ESPN and ABC.

As a whole, the Spanish-language stations are up about 134 percent over their coverage of the 2002 tournament.

In New York, Univision's Ch. 41 was the top-rated local station in the market last Saturday - fueled by the Brazil-France match.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

BRAVO...!!

Soccer is coming....

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

My team has beaten Portugal 3 - 1....I tell you what...
.....they have deserved it...

Out of nothing Klinsmann has made a team of world class....

Thumbs up for Germany....

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Ciscoking wrote:All in all I think we loose that game...just a feeling..the power is gone..
Cisco, you won't ever get Klinsmann's job, that's for sure! :D

This was one of the best games in the tournament. Both Germany and Portugal played very, very well and both teams really wanted to get that bronze medal. I am glad that Germany won, despite the fact that they kicked Sweden out of the tournament. :oops: :cry: They have played exciting, positive football, they have scored lots of goals and it seems like they have every single person in the country behind them. Germany really deserved this.

We got three beautiful goals tonight, too. Two for Germany and one for Portugal.

But... I wonder why Figo didn't come on earlier?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

MB280E

Post by MB280E »

Ciscoking wrote:My team has beaten Portugal 3 - 1....I tell you what...
.....they have deserved it...

Out of nothing Klinsmann has made a team of world class....

Thumbs up for Germany....
Out of nothing...? You must be mad! What about Ballack, Schweinsteiger, Frings, Kahn, Podolski and Klose...? Are you calling that "nothing"...? :? We all knew they were great players, didn´t we...?

Sincerely MB280E

"Folks, it´s been 9 years since I performed before a live audience. I´ve been busy making an 8mm film that hasn´t been released yet about a squirrel who gets lost in the wintertime and can´t find his nuts."

´98 W140 S320 (my new baby)
´90 W124 230E (sold...)
´81 W123 280E (R.I.P.)

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

MB280E wrote:
Out of nothing...? You must be mad! What about Ballack, Schweinsteiger, Frings, Kahn, Podolski and Klose...? Are you calling that "nothing"...? :? We all knew they were great players, didn´t we...?

Sincerely MB280E
Oh..Oh..did you see them before this WC..they were totally off the role..
What I meant it he brang them back into shape ..trimmed them and formed a team...the 1 - 4 versus Italy before the WC was a desaster.
And the matches before weren`t any better..no one in the world could expect they reach third place in this WC.
All experts were wrong....
This is what I meant..

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:All in all I think we loose that game...just a feeling..the power is gone..
Cisco, you won't ever get Klinsmann's job, that's for sure! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Shep
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Old Shep »

Thanks, boys! That´s been the biggest party of all times, yesterday! Germany - Champion of the hearts!

If you havn´t seen this yesterday, you´ll never see such a party again! Noooooooo chance....!

And by the way: Thanks, Olli Kahn for 86 matches for Germany and all the memories of the last decade or so. :smt038 :cry: :cry: :cry:

O.S.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Yes...Kahn is a sport man...Ollie..you are the best..thank you..!!

Who will become WC...??

I`d say France....Zizou and his mates have deserved it..

Old Shep
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Old Shep »

Cisco,
I think every football fan (exept the italians) is wishing Zizou all the very best. Well, that´s a sportsman! Never mind how the match will end, he will ever be one of the greatest of all times.

Let´s hope there will be no "amnestia" :smt025 in the italian football league if the italian team will become WC.

O.S.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

The first half is done...well Zizou had good luck with his penalty..
A little bit sloppily shooten..anyway..goal..
The 1-1 was a fault by Barthez I think..he has to go out---also the xecond time..he stood on the line instead of going for the ball.....
Some say it´s just Zizou that Barthez is still goalkeeper of France..

Keith Richards, Jr.

That was no way to end a career, Zizou. :cry:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

The only thing I know is that Italy won the cup. And now they are 4 times champions!! They were far superior than France (IMO they were lucky enough to go until the end).

VIVA ITALY!!!!

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Keith Richards, Jr.

Renan wrote:They were far superior than France (IMO they were lucky enough to go until the end).
Are you serious?!

Keith Richards, Jr.

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by minkahed »

Renan wrote:They were far superior than France
Are you serious?!

Keith Richards, Jr.
Uh...YEH :!:

Don't tell me ur stoned again... :roll: :wink:

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

Renan wrote: They were far superior than France
France had the better of the game in pretty much the whole of the second half and extra time. Looked far more likely to score. But, they didn't and paid the price for not taking their chances. Italy defended well, but were no threat going forward. Great composure for the penalties though.

This is the first World Cup I can remember where there wasn't a single team that looked like World champions. All the best teams underperformed.

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Yes..France was the better team throughout the match but didn`t make goals out of their chances.
Italy just defended with the beginning of the second half.

Zizou what have you done..?!!

The whole world was watching this match....no good ....this great player hasn´t got his nerves under controll....wasn´t the first time...

Congrats...Italy...

Keith Richards, Jr.

minkahed wrote:
Renan wrote:They were far superior than France
Are you serious?!

Keith Richards, Jr.
Uh...YEH :!:

Don't tell me ur stoned again... :roll: :wink:
I am not stoned. Come on, Mink! Italy have a fantastic team - Cannavaro is the man! - and they deserved the gold medal, but you can't say that they were "far better" than France yesterday, especially not in the second half and the extra time.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Did Italy have a shot on net the second half? Looked to me like they were hanging on, with shootout being their best chance.

Melanie
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Melanie »

I am sad that World Cup is over. Looking forward to the Euro 2008. And Premier League. Poor France, I thought they were the better team for most of the match and were extremely unlucky not to score a second goal. The Italian defense were for the most part superb and Buffon was his usual show stopping self. Sad to see Zidane go out like that. The headbutt was just inexcusable. What did Materazzi say to him? Ideas? Congrats to Italy on the win.

Most hilarious moment of the World Cup. C. Ronaldo's dive in slow motion, especially looking at the ref while flying and afterwards holding in pain the wrong leg.

Goal number 1-19

20-47

48-74

75-88

89-109

110-124