Why are certain FEC members using those CAPSLOCK??

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Why are certain FEC members using those Goddamm CAPSLOCK

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

macuser wrote:Why are certain FEC members using those CAPSLOCK??
macuser wrote:I am getting irritated with this childlike posts...........
A good post gets attention for it's content................
I've asked the admin to delete these kindda posts cause it is something most don't listen to..........
We need more manners an civility inhere.

Tom

P.S. THIS CRAP BELONGS IN THE OFF TOPIC SECTION!!!
Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

Tom

P.S. While I do agree that those idiots who post in all caps should be flogged and then forced to get off the planet. However, I often peruse this board with my 6-year-old daughter (who can read very well) on my lap and the last thing I want her to see is your immature and obnoxious use of profanity just to make an point.
Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

macuser wrote:You bad language is noted to the admin and you will be cooling off i asure you.
Who are you, my mother?? Geez dude, get off your high horse and shut the Hell up.

Tom

elvis_mania54545

Post by elvis_mania54545 »

How does cap letters bother someone to the point that, they even talk about it? and on top of it start a thread on the subject with obscene language.its just typing, dont know how it can hurt your ears!! :roll:

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

macuser wrote:I am getting irritated with this childlike posts like some crybaby's who don't get enough attention and because of that think CAPSLOCK gets their post more attention.
A good post gets attention for it's content not because if thge CAPSLOCK like we NEED TO READ THE YELLING on this forum.
Yes it gets to me somewhat as one of those many members.
We don't need some yelling like this is some kindergarten forum.
I've asked the admin to delete these kindda posts cause it is something most don't listen to, only reaction like in deleting gets them to change their attitude.

More who agree with this?
you must have forgotten to take your medicine today.

JEFF d
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by JEFF d »

I haven't even noticed anyone using Caplocks in any unusuall way lately... I agree with Tom.

*edit* OK... I just looked again there are some, but it don't really bother me. :D

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

elvispresleyfan1935
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

not really great words to use...i haven't noticed any caplocks on either, and so what if they do that is their decision no harm in it.

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long

Rob

Post by Rob »

i DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WORSE. tHOSE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS OR THOSE WHO TYPE IN LOWER CASE. sOME PEOPLE JUST SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON A COMPUTER.

Elvis' Babe
Registered for: 20 years
Mood:

Post by Elvis' Babe »

don't worry. i rarely if ever use the caps lock. in fact, i don't make use of the shift key enough.

talk about an annoying nitpicky thread...that belongs in the OFF-TOPIC section.

as far as i know, elvis had no run-ins with a caps lock key.

though, i can think of instances where some of the comments written in his books were in all caps. ;)

"Thank you very much. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the big, freaky International Hotel. Those little weirdo dolls on the walls. And those little funky angels on the ceiling. Uh, this is my first live appearance in 9 years. H-uhh! Thank you. I've appeared dead a few times, but this is my first live appearance. Before the evening is up, I will have made a complete and total fool of myself, and I hope you get a kick out of watching it." --EP

sam

Post by sam »

I DON'T LIKE POSTS WITH CAPSLOCK ON. IT IS HARDER TO READ!!!

8)

sam

Post by sam »

OOPS !

:wink:

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Scatter »

macuser wrote:
Tom in North Carolina wrote:

This coming from the person who breaks the #2 guideline with his use of obscene language where anyone (including kids) can see it. You may want to do a little less finger pointing and a little more practicing what you preach.

Tom

My post is compared to the frequent CAPSLOCK threads of less fault.

And who is it that decides that CAPSLOCK posts are of greater fault than your use of profanity and purposeful posting of Off Topic threads in All Elvis ?? Oh, sorry.........obviously that's YOUR call. :lol:

Only those who are guilty of the CAPSLOCK are pickering about little things just to cover up the main problem wich is the capslock.

Again, this obsessive/compulsive fascination with CAPSLOCK is skewing your thinking......for example,it's amusing that your indiscretions all seem to be "little things", and those who point out your hypocrisies are "pickering", yet those dirty CAPSLOCK fiends are reprehensible and should be banned :shock:

Oh and cut the crap about where this should be cause i know where it should be but it was put for a reason inhere.

Again, in violation of the rules.You admit you KNOW where it SHOULD be, but again you decide you are above the rules.Oh, let me guess.........I'm "pickering" aren't I???

Compare this 1 post wich is in the wrong zone to all those who are also at fault.

OK........you're all equally wrong. The only difference is that they never started a thread berating others for their foibles while engaging in the exact same behavior. How's that??

I will start from today bring to the mods attention alle those OT posts and its Capslock.

Don't forget to tell your mommy too.........at least she may care.

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Rusty Martin* »

macuser wrote:

I will start from today bring to the mods attention alle those OT posts and its Capslock.
OH BOY!!!!are FECC going to just love this guy :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Scatter »

Rusty Martin* wrote:
macuser wrote:

OH BOY!!!!are FECC going to just love this guy :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HE'S ALREADY A FAVORITE OF MINE.........DAMMIT (ALMOST FORGOT TO SWEAR,WHEW......)

Post by Guest »

macuser wrote:I am getting irritated with this childlike posts like some crybaby's who don't get enough attention and because of that think CAPSLOCK gets their post more attention.
A good post gets attention for it's content not because if thge CAPSLOCK like we NEED TO READ THE YELLING on this forum.
Yes it gets to me somewhat as one of those many members.
We don't need some yelling like this is some kindergarten forum.
I've asked the admin to delete these kindda posts cause it is something most don't listen to, only reaction like in deleting gets them to change their attitude.

More who agree with this?
WHO IS THIS MYSTERIOUS CAPSLOCK?
WHOEVER IT IS THEY DO NOT GET MY POSTS MORE ATTENTION :evil:

Denman
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Denman »

Why does everyone who hates the Caps Lock use call it "yelling" or "screaming"...maybe it's because I live in Holland, but I don't hear anything :roll:

"If this suit weren't too tight."

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

sam wrote:I DON'T LIKE POSTS WITH CAPSLOCK ON. IT IS HARDER TO READ!!!

8)
Sam, quit stirring the pot! :lol:

Big Boss Man
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Big Boss Man »

HI SAM! :D :D :D :D

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Eddie »

"I am getting irritated with this childlike posts like some crybaby's who don't get enough attention "

Couldnt agree more.

I got you melancholy baby, built like a melon face like a collie.

heathbarclay

capslock

Post by heathbarclay »

Denman wrote:Why does everyone who hates the Caps Lock use call it "yelling" or "screaming"...maybe it's because I live in Holland, but I don't hear anything :roll:
It's a matter of web etiquette. Using all caps is considered as shouting. I do wish some of the contributors to this board were a little more civil with some of their posts - even when they have a gripe! I enjoy some of the humour on this board (it can be a riot!) :lol: but I don't understand why some folks have to get so nasty. :(

sam

Post by sam »

Big Boss Man wrote:HI SAM! :D :D :D :D

hI BIG BOSS MAN !!!

:D

Denman
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Re: capslock

Post by Denman »

heathbarclay wrote:
Denman wrote:Why does everyone who hates the Caps Lock use call it "yelling" or "screaming"...maybe it's because I live in Holland, but I don't hear anything :roll:
It's a matter of web etiquette. Using all caps is considered as shouting. I do wish some of the contributors to this board were a little more civil with some of their posts - even when they have a gripe! I enjoy some of the humour on this board (it can be a riot!) :lol: but I don't understand why some folks have to get so nasty. :(
I know, it was a very bad joke. Sorry :wink:

"If this suit weren't too tight."

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

What we talk about on this board never ceases to amaze me, baby! Using all caps is, as many have pointed out, considered poor etiquette. I think it stems from laziness on the part of the typer, or typist, or person who types.

elvis_mania54545

Post by elvis_mania54545 »

That might be true about it being poor etiquette,but it doesnt make the person in the same catorgory as someone who makes a thread on the subject and then adds some language to get there point across. And since when were we worried about etiquette on here? come on now :shock: