Off Topic Messages

The best blank CD-R's

Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:23 pm

As I finally broke down and bought a CD Burner over the weekend, I wanted to ask you guys which are the best blank CD-R's to buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:34 pm

Tom,
I personally like "Verbatim-Data Life Plus" CD-R's. I get them at Sams Club. They have a nice electric blue finish on the data side and recorded music really sounds good on them. I have used them almost exclusively since 2000. I like them very much. Second choice would probably be Fuji then comes Maxell. Hope it helps. Peace! 8)

Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:19 pm

Hi tom
here's the two i use

1.memorex
2.durabrand-(you can get this one at wal-mart)

that's the two i use and not bad cdr.

and there's also ibm cdr. are good.

curtis simpkins

Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:26 pm

I Also like the Verbatim discs, and I also have not had any problems with Maxell.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:28 am

tom verbatim and maxell and fuji are great... i have had terrible luck with memorex not being readable. Hope this helps,,, chris

Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:31 am

ONENIGHTWITHYOU wrote:I get them at Sams Club.

Sounds like a nice joint. :lol:

I want to start printing directly onto the label side, the only CDr's I have seen for doing this so far is verbatim. Have to get the new printer first though. :D

8)

Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I bought 100 Verbatim CD-R's for less than $20 at Sam's yesterday. Once again, thanks!!

Tom

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:13 pm

I use TDK, Sony, Memorex and Maxell & Verbatim

Not what they appear to be

Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:56 am

I know this has been mentioned here before , the main problem with listing only brand names is that many of these so called brands are made by many diferent factories, for example a disc branded TDK or Sony could be made by 3 or 4 manufacturers depending on where the company sourced the discs, therefore it is important to know the factory that made the cd not the brand listed on the packet, most cdburners can identify the factory when used with software with this facility. So just saying TDK are good is of no use whatsoever. Also the manufacturer of the burner will often list on its website or help pages brands / manufacturers that will work well with their product.
There are many sites offering info of this type and below is a link to just one of them.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/39

Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:24 pm

Is black CD-Rs better for music ??