Off Topic Messages

Police Squad-In Color.....and finally on DVD!!!!

Thu May 04, 2006 2:01 am

Rumors are running rampant at Paramount that this entire tv series (granted, they only shot 6 episodes) is coming soon to DVD. For those who don't know the show, it was created by the infamous ZAZ team (David Zucker/Jim Abrahams/Jerry Zucker) who brought us Airplane!, and was the "prequel" to the Naked Gun films. David pretty much confirmed the rumors recently by saying he had booked time in the studio to record some commentaries for it. More info when I have it.

Tom

Thu May 04, 2006 3:37 am

Surely you can't be serious.

Thu May 04, 2006 4:05 am

I am serious, and....well, you know the rest.

Tom

Thu May 04, 2006 7:07 am

I used to have these on the original VHS tapes when they came out years ago. Can't wait for the DVDs. :D

Thu May 04, 2006 9:54 am

Great news! Thanks for the info Tom.

I played the VHS copies almost until they wore out. This is priceless comedy. Why it was pulled after six shows is beyond me.

I wonder if Sally Decker, Martin and Gundersen et al are still in the Statesville Prison? :wink:

Thu May 04, 2006 4:41 pm

Why it was pulled after six shows is beyond me.

Sometime after the cancellation I was at the Bob Hope golf tournament and was watching Leslie Nielsen playing in it. In between shots someone in the gallery asked him this very question and he just shrugged his shoulders and then moved his hand over the top of his head as if to say "It was over most people's heads".

I wonder if Sally Decker, Martin and Gundersen et al are still in the Statesville Prison?

"Is this some kind of bust!?"
"Yes, it's very impressive."