Off Topic Messages

Don't Hold Your Breath

Wed May 03, 2006 7:41 pm

So David Blaine is going to try to hold his breath for 9 minutes..............

The current record is 8:58.

But he will be escaping from chains at the same time !

Of course, if oxygen is inhaled beforehand, the breath can be held for around 15 minutes.

So how do we know people trying to break the record haven't used oxygen ?

Judges from the AIDA attend to ensure all is above board.

Without their presence, any record-breaking will not be official.

Blaine hasn't mentioned they are coming to his attempt.

It figures.

Re: Don't Hold Your Breath

Wed May 03, 2006 10:39 pm

ColinB wrote:Of course, if oxygen is inhaled beforehand, the breath can be held for around 15 minutes.

Well, I've been holding my breath for almost 2 years waiting for this guy's 15 minutes of fame to expire.

Tom

Wed May 03, 2006 11:26 pm

agreed..he is tiresome, during his stunt in London the best thing was the hecklers pelting his box with eggs...not as interesting as he thinks to most people Im guessing.

Tue May 09, 2006 3:21 pm

He failed to break the 8:58 record.

Got his hands free from the chains, but failed to get his feet clear.

Seeing him in difficulty, two stand-by divers pulled him out after 7 minutes or so.

Tue May 09, 2006 4:24 pm

I hate to tell you this ColinB but it's all fake, it's an illusion! No way was he going to break that record. I watched the last hour of the show. I'm curious, if this happened all over the nation/world, but just right when the divers jumped into the tank my TV became a little scrambled and went black for just a split second. Then they show all the commotion in the tank and them pulling him out. I'm sure he had a good payday from the advertisers for all this, they have been pushing the special for a couple of weeks now pretty heavy.

JEFF d
EP fan

Tue May 09, 2006 4:42 pm

JEFF d wrote:I hate to tell you this ColinB but it's all fake, it's an illusion!

But that would mean this Blaine guy is a lying, deceptive cheat !

Shome mishtake, shurely ?

Wed May 10, 2006 9:23 am

ColinB wrote:
JEFF d wrote:I hate to tell you this ColinB but it's all fake, it's an illusion!

But that would mean this Blaine guy is a lying, deceptive cheat !

That's a way of looking at it! :lol:

I just think he is an illusionist... I mean it cetainly appeared that he was in that fish bowl for a week. Now honestly how could someone survive after a week suspended underwater and he didn't eat, p!ss, or ****, for a week! Well maybe he did p!ss, that water was gettin a little grungy! lol but no way was that real.

I have no idea how he pulled it off, so don't ask me! :lol:

Did you see that trick he did when he pulled this womans teeth out of her mouth, then he spit in her face and her teeth were back in her mouth! I was more impressed with that one! :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed May 10, 2006 11:42 am

JEFF d wrote:...Now honestly how could someone survive after a week suspended underwater and he didn't eat, p!ss, or ****, for a week! Well maybe he did p!ss, that water was gettin a little grungy! lol but no way was that real.
I have no idea how he pulled it off, so don't ask me! :lol:

He no doubt popped out for breaks at dead of night, like he did in London with that 'glass box' thing.