Off Topic Messages

This is absolutely hilarious!

Tue May 02, 2006 2:32 pm

Check this out:

http://www.controlancy.co.uk/fun/lost_jewels.htm

Now, without intending to make this political, I hope people from every point on the spectrum can enjoy this -- without taking offence.

I almost bust a gut laughing over this. Really.

Re: This is absolutely hilarious!

Tue May 02, 2006 2:37 pm

Cryogenic wrote:Check this out

But is it for real ?

Tue May 02, 2006 3:00 pm

Absolutely crazy, laughed at that one...

Can't believe the mentality of some people

Tue May 02, 2006 3:09 pm

ColinB wrote:

But is it for real ?

It certainly appears to be real. But I have been unable to verify it. Googling strings like "belgian chat presenter laughing penis blunder" have proven fruitless.

EDIT: It's come up as fake -- according to here: http://www.bnlblog.com/viewQ.asp

"The little film with the laughing presenter is a complete fake. It is a sketch which is part of a Belgian tv program "In de gloria"."

I also took "crown jewels" to be a euphemism for "penis". Which I still believe it to be. But that same page also indicates that the man is playing a person who had a throat operation go wrong. Ah, well.

The thing is still hilarious.

Tue May 02, 2006 4:15 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
ColinB wrote:

But is it for real ?

It certainly appears to be real. But I have been unable to verify it. Googling strings like "belgian chat presenter laughing penis blunder" have proven fruitless.

EDIT: It's come up as fake -- according to here: http://www.bnlblog.com/viewQ.asp

"The little film with the laughing presenter is a complete fake. It is a sketch which is part of a Belgian tv program "In de gloria"."

I was suspicious because I reckoned the presenter might well have given an involuntary snigger the first time the guy talked, he would have surely controlled it afterwards.

Aren't 'the crown jewels' the entire male genitalia ?

Brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it ?

Tue May 02, 2006 4:22 pm

ColinB wrote:I was suspicious because I reckoned the presenter might well have given an involuntary snigger the first time the guy talked, he would have surely controlled it afterwards.

The real giveaway, in light of the new information, is the audience. The reactions I've seen to this clip elsewhere are universal in their amused response. But the audience is completely unfazed. Now surely, considering the high ratio of people that actually find this clip funny, some audience members would also be laughing at the presenter? It's infectious.

ColinB wrote:Aren't 'the crown jewels' the entire male genitalia ?

Yes, in fact.

ColinB wrote:Brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it ?

I am rarely tickled, but when I am, there's a bit of an Elvis streak in me -- I really laugh and wanna keep coming back for more. The right side of my chest is actually hurting now. Damn it.

Tue May 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Yes, as far as I know it's fake and, as Cryogenic already explained, it's from a Belgian TV sketch show called In de Gloria. You can find a longer version of the clip here. The man in the clip went in for a throat operation which had some adverse effects and eventually he mentions sweet-talking during sex, at which point the presenter really can't hold himself in.