Off Topic Messages

Tom for what's it worth

Tue May 02, 2006 12:28 am

i miss your " in the basket" topics. to me really informative on whats new and available. sorry you were getting bad pm's. i know what thats like.

Tue May 02, 2006 4:37 am

Thank you very much for the post. What sucked was that at first folks thought that, because of my entertainment connections, I got my DVD's for free and gave me a hard time about that. Then, when I said that I do, in fact, buy about 98% of my DVD's (just like everyone else), some folks accused me of bragging about how much I spent a week. It was very frustrating. However, as several have asked, I'm going to start the thread up again tomorrow.

Tom

Tue May 02, 2006 4:48 am

Hey it's alright to brag! Who gives a ****... :lol: :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan

Tue May 02, 2006 4:53 am

I never saw it as conceit ... its interesting to see what types of entertainment
appeals to Elvis afficienados ... kind of like peeking at Elvis' record collection.

Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 am

I always liked it.

Tue May 02, 2006 1:16 pm

I liked it too and I love the other info Tom puts up on here - new releases etc. It's great finding out what's being released and what isn't.

Keep up the good work Tom...

Tue May 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Thank you very much for the post. What sucked was that at first folks thought that, because of my entertainment connections, I got my DVD's for free and gave me a hard time about that. Then, when I said that I do, in fact, buy about 98% of my DVD's (just like everyone else), some folks accused me of bragging about how much I spent a week.

Unbelievable! Some people should be locked up for life. :shock:

I for one am very glad that you're back with the In The Basket threads again!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue May 02, 2006 7:13 pm

JEFF d wrote:Hey it's alright to brag! Who gives a ****... :lol: :lol: :lol: JEFF d EP fan

I agree. Tom obviously knows a lot of influential people in the industry, and we all benefit from that. We should feel fortunate that he shares the nuggets that he does. I don't blame him for keeping mum, though, as most of us don't want to endure the wrath of people who believe there is an alterior motive to what we post.

There will always be people who are envious of the position(s) held by others, but I appreciate the fact that we have an "insider" who can keep us up-to-date on the goings-on in the industry.

Tue May 02, 2006 7:21 pm

Tom -
I'm glad you're back to posting the in the basket threads. As for the people who pm'd you with put-downs, these types of people can kiss my a$$ in the county square!

Tue May 02, 2006 7:54 pm

Thanks for posting again the basket posts :lol:

Tue May 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Thank you very much for the post. What sucked was that at first folks thought that, because of my entertainment connections, I got my DVD's for free and gave me a hard time about that. Then, when I said that I do, in fact, buy about 98% of my DVD's (just like everyone else), some folks accused me of bragging about how much I spent a week. It was very frustrating. However, as several have asked, I'm going to start the thread up again tomorrow.

As a compromise, I suppose you could call the threads something like "what's new" without mentioning that you've bought them !

But you shouldn't need to do that, of course.

On second thoughts, you just carry on.