Off Topic Messages

Delahoya vs. Mayorga

Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:55 pm

Predictions? I'm hoping Oscar gives Mayorga a thorough beating. But I'm not confident it's gonna happen.

Re: Delahoya vs. Mayorga

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:05 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Predictions? I'm hoping Oscar gives Mayorga a thorough beating.
But I'm not confident it's gonna happen.

Well, yeah, don't write that Mayorga off yet !

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Colin -
Mayorga is fearless, tough-as-nails, and apparently has an iron jaw! But he comes across as such a low-life punk that I'm hoping Oscar puts a real hurtin' on him.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:33 am

Yeah, i have heard that Mayora is like that.

Very vile man but great fighter.

I think they should heavily fine boxers who conduct themselves in that manor cause they are rolemodels who are representing boxing.

Tue May 09, 2006 6:07 pm

I didn't see the fight (I was camping), but apparently Oscar went through Mayorga like a knife through butter! Anybody see it?

Tue May 09, 2006 6:17 pm

Pete Dube wrote:I didn't see the fight (I was camping), but apparently Oscar went through Mayorga like a knife through butter!

Just as I predicted !

Tue May 09, 2006 6:25 pm

ColinB wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:I didn't see the fight (I was camping), but apparently Oscar went through Mayorga like a knife through butter!

Just as I predicted !

:lol:

Tue May 09, 2006 6:31 pm

I watched the fight 'live'.

It was a fantastic fight.

Mayorga was still talking trash to De La Hoya when the ref brought the fighters together.

Halfway through the 1st Oscar caught Mayorga with a beautiful left hook that floored him.The look Oscar gave Mayorga was a classic.

After that it was only a matter of time before Oscar won and it ended in the 6th with the ref stopping the fight.

Mayorga was totally outclassed. :wink:

Wed May 10, 2006 10:10 am

I watched it live too and really enjoyed it. I did figure De La Hoya would be a little too clever and classy for Mayorga, but didn't expect it to be that easy. It was the second best fight I've seen this year. The best was the amazing display by Calzaghe against Lacy.