Off Topic Messages

Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:16 pm

Sean, i read the Daily Mail for maybe 15 years (until about a year ago), and i can assure you, that was`nt the first crass Elvis article they have printed. For all its faults, the Mail is a cracking sports read, but i just could`nt put up with the right wing crap any longer.

I used to do a little work for the Labour Party back in the 90`s at election time, but the older i get, the less interest i have in politics.

This Goverment in recent times has really tried my patience, but the alternative is too shocking to even think about..............i still remember interest rates at 15 3/4 % in the early 90`s, and i will never forgive the Tory f***ers for that....................never!

Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:28 pm

Thats what i mean Ezzz.

Who can you trust?

This Government and previous Governments have ruined this country.

Talk about Land of Hope and Glory.I dont see any of that in todays society.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:36 pm

ColinB wrote:This current government isn't destroying the country.

They have implemented a lot of changes for the good.

The minimum wage.

Record investment in the NHS and schools.

Hereditary peers chucked out of the House of Lords.

The economy strong; interest rates, inflation and unemployment at record low levels.

The Iraq war was a mistake, sure, but we've moved on since then.

Yeah, and they've filled the Lords with their cronies instead!

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Well, since so many Americans, Brits, and Canadians are so unhappy with our respective countries maybe it's time for (dons Che Gueverra beret) ....... Revolucion!

Aw **** it. Let's just all move to Australia!

Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:37 am

Sean Ryan wrote:Pre-1997, wasnt ideal but it certainly wasnt worse than it is today.

Wasn't it ?

How about high interest rates, high inflation, high unemployment, negative equity, NHS & schools starved of cash and a dodgy economy [remember Black Wednesday ?].

Some of us have better memories than others.

And you are raking up tabloid stuff about MP's expenses !

Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:14 am

This is the only topic that could have brought me back here, for sure- lol......Ive just been a spectator since GG left but Colin B's comments on this topic are a complete load of BS.....This country is in a terrible state........What planet are you living on Colin??

Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:38 am

the squirrel wrote:This is the only topic that could have brought me back here, for sure- lol......Ive just been a spectator since GG left but Colin B's comments on this topic are a complete load of BS.....This country is in a terrible state........What planet are you living on Colin??

Planet Earth, where are you ?

So which bit did I get wrong about us having record [low] levels of interest rates, unemployment, and inflation together with a strong economy and record [high] levels of investment in our schools & NHS ?

OK, I admit the bit about 80,000 extra nurses since 1997 was inaccurate [the true figure is 85,000] and I was also wrong about nurses getting 25% extra pay [the true figure is 26%].

Don't be suckered in by the rantings of the tabloid press, look at the statistics and decide for yourself.

We're doing all right !

Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:45 am

I dont get "suckered in" by what i hear in the press unlike you ya muppet.

I get "suckered" in by what i hear from my relatives, friends, and also what i hear on the street...........everyone is sick to fuc*in death of this bullshit spewing government.

There's no freedom in this country anymore......We fought the nazi's to avoid a police state, now our own government is doing exactly what the nazi's wanted to do.

BTW...............you've heard of the "brotherhood of the bell" i presume... well this is the "brotherhood of the blair"

When this lot go......you can go with them, to hell.