Off Topic Messages

Mon May 01, 2006 4:57 pm

genesim wrote:Lives are not LOST....like oooppps where did they go??

No the millitary, like myself believe that lives are SPENT for our future.


How incredibly naive can you possibly be?? Bush's own generals are saying that this war is absolutely useless. Your blind faith to this moron is breathtaking. You believe in this cause so much, why don't you pick up a rifle and head on over and send my best friend home. Until then, how dare you trivialize their sacrifice and their memory just to back up that idiot you are so enamored with. I'm done argueing with a fool.

Tom

Mon May 01, 2006 7:34 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Your blind faith to this moron is breathtaking. You believe in this cause so much, why don't you pick up a rifle and head on over and send my best friend home. Until then, how dare you trivialize their sacrifice and their memory just to back up that idiot you are so enamored with. I'm done argueing with a fool.

Of course, he's not so fervent that he'd have the balls to enlist and support his leader's cause. In other words, he's a chickenhawk, like everyone in the current administration.

I too have friends over there, and I'll say a small prayer for your person as well. Let's hope they all get home soon.

DJC

Tue May 02, 2006 5:19 am

Ok so I should enlist...let me get this straight.

I am a family man now who has responsibilites. During my prime(over 10 years ago), there was no war going on. I am still paying for part of my tuition.

So I should go in place of the people that went out and got their pay??? Abandon my family so someone that JOINED can possibly shirk their duty, which is to GO TO WAR.

Thats right...news flash...the military is for WAR!

Your friend JOINED. Get it Tom, there was no draft, he JOINED. So no I do not feel sorry for him. He knew the cost.

I got news for you buddy, I don't have to join to support the war effort.

Meanwhile what are you and Doc doing...bad mouthing the president on a freakin' Elvis board???? Why aren't you picketing the white house...why aren't you out there siding with the suicide bombers to stop those nasty american troops???

Now here is a thought. Your friend, is obviously going to Iraq, and not pulling a Muhammed Ali...so he must have some belief in the system, or he would say HELL NO, I will go to jail instead.

So perhaps you are not the friend you say you are because you are on here blowing your top and accusing over something that perhaps goes against what your friend obviously has some belief in.

Here is another news flash. How about the soldiers that don't believe should again pull an Ali and refuse to go.. Refuse to fight.. The war wouldn't last very long if they didn't have supporters like your friend.

You see though, here is the reality, the terrorists do not speak for the whole, Iraq does support us. I don't care how many hippy flower children liberal media try to sway it. We have made progress, and you are like Doc, a FOLLOWER, who cannot and will not think for himself. Keep drinking the Koolaid.

The worst part is that people like you try to speak for others!

Tue May 02, 2006 5:37 am

Your Hitleresque devotion to Bush is not only sad, but unnerving as well. You are the minority...........in so many ways.

Tom

Tue May 02, 2006 6:06 am

Whats wrong with being a minority????

And you call me Hitleresque??? :lol: :lol:

Tue May 02, 2006 9:08 am

genesim wrote:So I should go in place of the people that went out and got their pay??? Abandon my family so someone that JOINED can possibly shirk their duty, which is to GO TO WAR. So no I do not feel sorry for him. He knew the cost.


I have never -- NEVER -- seen a person who claims to SUPPORT a military action who has so openly shown such contempt for the armed forces that protect you.

Your consistent and frequent denigration of their sacrifices is just so unbelievable to me that for the first time on this board I've actually been left grasping for the right words to sum up how I feel.

I mean this as sincerely as anything I've ever said on this board, Elvis-related or otherwise: You make me sick.

Tue May 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Have we all seen these?

http://www.break.com/index/colbert1.html

http://www.break.com/index/colbert2.html

http://www.break.com/index/colbert3.html

Tue May 02, 2006 5:48 pm

Thanks for posting these clips.... they are soooo funny. I love the Helen Thomas and Stephen Cobert ones... heck they are all three hilarious. Might as well laugh as cry !!!!!!!!!! :) Dovey

Tue May 02, 2006 11:50 pm

Where is my CONTEMPT???

Yet another example of someone who will do anything to turn this personal.

Even in my quote you obviously didn't get it.

The military is for WAR. Am I getting through here?

Anyone in the millitary right now JOINED. So therefore they have a duty to their country...and yes to the president.

I fail to see how that is belittling their sacrifices?

Actually the hippies are doing just such by talking crap on their president and their government, and at the same time imbracing a draft dodgeing piece of crap who did indeed sacrfice our soldiers with absolutely NO ACCOMPLISHMENT.

If none of you can see the importance of the war in Iraq, then that is your problem.

Iraq is going to be THE most important war up to this time. It doesn't mean it has to be "popular". But taking Sadaam out of power and tackling the problems in the middle east head on is the absolute most important decision any president of this nuclear time has done.

Elvissessions I make you sick. Well good. Anyone that would twist my words around and claim I "contempt" the military, needs exactly that kind of feeling. I have nothing, but indifference to you.

Wed May 03, 2006 1:00 am

Acting contemptuous and then saying that you don't have contempt is not the same as not having contempt.

It's like arguing with the old racist who says, "I'm not racist, I just don't want the nigras using our water fountains" -- a waste of time.

Fortunately, you've made yourself such a marginalized hack around here, I really don't have to waste my time with you anymore.

Bye.

Wed May 03, 2006 1:17 am

I find it interesting that many of the president's supporters are so quick to point out that history will judge this war and the president as triumphs yet the president has said it will be the next president's job to figure out a way out.

Wed May 03, 2006 1:27 am

elvissessions.com wrote:Fortunately, you've made yourself such a marginalized hack around here, I really don't have to waste my time with you anymore.

Welcome to the world of the court jester, ES. He's everyone's fool.

DJC

Wed May 03, 2006 1:57 am

elvissessions.com wrote:Fortunately, you've made yourself such a marginalized hack around here, I really don't have to waste my time with you anymore.
Bye.


Incredibly well said.

Tom

Wed May 03, 2006 2:52 am

Elvissessions,

Now you are comparing me to a racist? :roll: Yes. Goodbye.

I would obviously be a waste of time to you because I write using reason and I actually back up my words. You resort to getting personal. Take a look at the other posters, you are in good company.

...and they clap like seals.

XXXXXXXXXXXXx

Likethebike,

So is there a timetable to war? Does one have to wrap up a job to make sure of votes? Is this the pea minded thinking that the above have come to?

Wed May 03, 2006 3:02 am

because I write using reason and I actually back up my words


I'll give you this: You're a funny S.O.B. I had a good laugh over this one. Thanks.

Wed May 03, 2006 3:04 am

I thought you were done. Have you come back for more education?

Wed May 03, 2006 3:23 am

Couldn't help myself -- oh, I tried -- but when I see a clown like you take a header into the sh*t bucket like that, I just get to giggling.

Fortunately for you, I enjoy lowbrow humor like yours, so your stooge-like antics will always get a response from me.

Giving you negative reinforcement is a bad habit, but what the hell ... dance, monkey boy, dance!

Wed May 03, 2006 3:56 am

Image

Wed May 03, 2006 5:04 am

yuk yuk :lol:

Wed May 03, 2006 6:44 am

elvissessions.com wrote:... when I see a clown like you take a header into the sh*t bucket like that, I just get to giggling.

5561 times, and counting. Laughter is the BEST medicine!

DJC

Wed May 03, 2006 9:02 am

It just seems the height of hubris that the president would cause a big mess and then step back and hope someone else fixes it in the hopes that someday he'll get credit for that.

Also, the idea that this war has generated less casualties than previous wars is wrongheaded thinking in that this was except for the first few weeks head to head combat with an armed enemy. Also, it strikes me as extremely callous to dimiss a body count rapidly approaching 40,000 by conservative estimates (including Iraqi civilians.) After all a body count of 3000 was enough provoke us in a bizarre and roundabout way into this war.

Latest news. It was reported last night on MSNBC (previously reported only in small outlets) that CIA officials have claimed that Valerie Plame was working on tracking Iranian efforts to acquire nuclear weapons. It goes to the show the president's actual concern in trying to protect the world from WMD.

Thu May 04, 2006 6:15 am

Likethebike,

Less casualties is wrong headed...uh no, it is exactly correct!

About the Iraqi civilians shall I quote past wars yet again? Not thousands buddy but MILLIONS!

Meanwhile who is it that are killing the innocents by suicide bombing over and over again.

We on the other hand are one of the few who have occupied a country and yet have not taken every man woman and child. The Iraqees no the real enemy, and all the liberal media bullcrap cannot change this. I have friends, and they bow and kiss our feet. Don't let the extremist mar your judgement.

The world is a better place without Sadaam in power. That was the true threat to the world. Not out president.

The smug morons just can't understand what it was like to have a so called leader using chemical weapons on his own people. The number that you quoted is a generous estimate.

Thu May 04, 2006 6:46 am

It's actually a conservative estimate. There are estimates that put it over 120,000. The estimate I used is based on the Iraqi body count used on many civilian watchdog sites and also the president's own estimate and the US government's troop body count. 40,000 people is more than twice the amount of people in my hometown. That's a lot of people. There's no pat ourselves on the back because it hasn't been as bloody as other conflicts particularly when it is fundamentally different because it's not all out war with two forces engaging battles. Plus, it's not over yet.

There's no question that Hussein was a bad guy. Whether the world is safer is another question. If Iraq winds up a radical Islamic theocracy bent on destruction of the non-Islamic world that would not be an improvement.

There is also question that the US is not a typical occupier. However, without the occupation many of the terrorist acts would not have taken place. If the country is indeed headed for civil war, that's also our fault.

1. He didn't have evidence to invade the country.

2. He didn't listen to his generals and advisers including Colin Powell who recommended more troops for the post invasion occupation a move that could have nipped many of the post-war complications. The whole post war plan in general was botched.

3. Troops and money are so tied up in Iraq that we're really hamstrung in dealing with any other problem that comes along including Iran.

Meanwhile the Department of Homeland Security goes underfunded. Money and supplies don't get to first resonders like police and fire departments. And airports and ports haven't implemented the security measures needed to prevent another attack.

Fri May 05, 2006 5:51 am

Likethebike,

Homeland security is anothe issue. It is funded fine..how the funds are allocated is another matter. Though Katrina is a shining example of incompetence at the LOCAL level.

As for Iraq..not over yet..but almost. Troop withdrawal is already beginning soon. 40,000 is alot compared to your hometown...ok. :roll:
Now lets get back to reality, this is an invasion of a hostile country!!! Geez, you wanna talk abortion figures next?

You don't believe the world is safer without the bad guy...well that is where you and I differ.

Bush had reason to invade with that fact alone.

I can't disagree with you on the immediate post war facts. The borders should have been sealed off. But lets not throw the baby out. All wars have mistakes. Bush is hardly the leader on that front.

Troops and money are so tied up in Iraq that we're really hamstrung in dealing with any other problem that comes along including Iran.


Thats the media brainwashing plain and simple. Iran is going to be dealt with soon. Let them keep it up.

Sat May 06, 2006 12:55 am

That will be good...

Image


***************************************

The bad news continues for our "conservative" President:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12643666/






*************************