Off Topic Messages

Bush's approval rating hits new low

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:06 am

Oh-oh. Let's hope Iran doesn't pay the price for this.

DJC

----------

Bush's approval rating hits new low

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush's public approval rating has fallen to 32 percent, a new low for his presidency, a CNN poll showed on Monday.

The survey also showed that 60 percent of Americans disapprove of the way Bush is handling his job.

Bush's poll numbers have languished below 40 percent in the last couple of months, hit by growing public opposition to the Iraq war, his support for a now-abandoned plan for a Dubai firm to take over major U.S. port operations and American anger over gas prices now topping $3 a gallon at the pump.

Continuing fallout from the Bush administration's mishandling of the initial response to Hurricane Katrina has also hurt his popularity.

Bush's approval rating as measured by CNN's poll dropped from 36 percent in March. His lowest job performance measure has been 32 percent, in a Fox News poll this month.

Bush has launched a shake-up of his White House staff in an effort to revive his popularity and stave off concerns of fellow Republicans that they could lose control of both houses of Congress in a November midterm election.

Bush's response to the gas crisis has been to warn Americans to expect a tough summer, vow that price gouging will not be tolerated and try to promote energy alternatives that will take years to get to consumers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060424/ts_nm/bush_poll_dc

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:48 am

Doc's approval rating hits new low

Bush sucks.

But Drjohncarpenter sucks too.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:31 am

Jesse Garon wrote:Bush sucks. But Drjohncarpenter sucks too.

On a related note, the complete third season of "Beavis and Butthead" is now out on DVD.

DJC

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:30 am

some Home Truths for 2006: 8)

Bush is prez until 2009.

Republicans will still have control over Congress after the midterm elections.

Democrats have no ideas and "progressives" are so whacked out the only audience they have is other "progressives".

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:20 pm

scotch wrote:Bush is prez until 2009.

He leaves earlier than that if he's impeached for his crimes.

DJC

Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 am

Keep dreamin' Dic.

Bush WILL finish his term, and no matter how many topics you post hating on the president, it won't change a thing.

The problem with liberals, is they are perfect examples of "...to spite their face".

Lets get it all out in the open, no matter what president Bush does, there will never be a fair judgement from the liberal pinheads.

Still, the same views befell Reagan, and he was one of the greatest presidents EVER. The same will be true of Bush. To make a difference, one must lead, even if it isn't the "popular" choice.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:55 am

genesim wrote:
Still, the same views befell Reagan, and he was one of the greatest presidents EVER.

:!: :?: :!: :?: Next thing you know people will say he should replace Roosevelt's profile on the dime. :lol:

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:14 am

genesim wrote:
Still, the same views befell Reagan, and he was one of the greatest presidents EVER.

LOL....what a joke!

Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:30 am

genesim wrote:Still, the same views befell Reagan, and he was one of the greatest presidents EVER....

.....to have starred in a string of 'B' movies !

Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:11 pm

genesim wrote:... no matter how many topics you post hating on the president ...

Ah, the court jester of the MB returns to bother us all.

This topic is about how the majority of Americans in 2006 -- both Republican AND Democrat -- disapprove of how the current administration is doing its job. It's not about "hating the president."

But, being a numbskull, it's obvious you didn't even bother to read the news report. You never bother to objectively read my posts.

Have you visited "Chat-Talk"? That's more your arena.

DJC

Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:16 pm

But, being a numbskull, it's obvious you didn't even bother to read the news report. You never bother to objectively read my posts

WAH WAH WAH! Go get your pacifier. :lol:

As for forums, does it ever get old bashing our president at every move?

I can understand the posters that are not native to our country, and their ignorance of our pollitics or overall jealousy, but as a citizen(which I am assuming) I would think that you could show just a little more respect.

Is that too much to ask?

Then again you always were a follower, that is the prime thing that separates me and you.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jesse Garon wrote:Bush sucks. But Drjohncarpenter sucks too.

On a related note, the complete third season of "Beavis and Butthead" is now out on DVD.

Haha, The Doc strikes again! Classic! :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:39 pm

genesim wrote:I would think that you could show just a little more respect. Is that too much to ask?

Your act is getting very old.

Your framing an article posted on a nonpartisan poll of the president's popularity with the American people as "disrespectful" is typically stupid. It is, naturally, also hypocritical, since you're well-known for your consistent bashing of the previous administration at every opportunity.

genesim wrote:... that is the prime thing that separates me and you.

What separates the two of us is that you are a joke on this MB, and I am not. Seriously, hit the "Chat-Talk" section with your "insights" -- they'll be appreciated there.

DJC

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:45 pm

drjohncrapenter wrote:What separates the two of us is that you are a joke on this MB, and I am not.

What an utter arrogant pompous ass!!! LOL
You actually wrote that? And think that???

:lol: Doc, YOU ARE A JOKE.

Very pathetic that this mb is all that you have in your life to
wrap your ego around and boast like a proud online peacock.
very sad and pathetic.

But, Genesim, y'all go to Chat-Talk ! Now!
Doc is yo mazza and yo his nappyheaded slave.
The Great Liberal Sympathizer wants desperately to
segregate the messageboard!

Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:40 am

Doc,

Only in your private little fantasy(splooge splooge)...

Keep in mind that my criticism was aimed at an EX-president. I know this is hard for you to understand. Such wit. :wink:

Incidently, I would say the score on posting anti-Bush vs me posting anti-Clinton threads is won by you in an obvious landslide.

I myself only comment when it goes on and on and on....

Jesse,

WORD

Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:01 am

genesim wrote:I would think that you could show just a little more respect.

Respect is something that is earned, and so far, this president hasn't even come close. My best friend in the world left for Ft. Hood this morning (on his way to Iraq), so I'm probably the last person to be commenting on the current moronic administration.

Tom

Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:00 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
genesim wrote:Respect is something that is earned, and so far, this president hasn't even come close.

He's gotten a lot more than he has earned, of course. Finally, his poll numbers are seeking their own level.

You've really got to do something special to break through the 40-percent floor.

And Bush keeps digging deeper in the basement -- down to 36 percent now.

It'll bounce up sometime, but it's hard to imagine he'll ever sustain anything over 50 percent.

Clinton left office at 65 percent -- just about tied with Reagan at 64.

That's why Genesim's attempt to compare Bush with Reagan is so laughable, conveniently forgetting that except for some brief missteps and setbacks, he was a wildly popular president. Reagan's average approval rating comes in at 57 (tied with Clinton, in fact).

Bush got a couple of big patriotism bounces, but he's past that (barring another tragedy, of course), and now he has to stand on his own merits.

Because the American people appear to have had a pretty difficult time discerning those merits (given the razor-thin election margins), it's safe to say he doesn't have easy years ahead of him.

Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:58 pm

Just doing a quick search(very quick) I see that both Reagan and Clinton had approval ratings at around 35's at one time. Some have claimed in their 20's...but I file all of the above under who gives a F*ck.

By the way, averages are just that AVERAGES. In statistics, there are outliers, and they are not indicative of the whole.

The legacy isn't over. To make changes, sometimes one isn't the most popular. To lead, one must at times go out on a limb. Of course to a follower...this kind of thinking is lost.

I do believe progress is being made in Iraq, and the changes made now won't be felt in at least another 10 years.

To me it is funny how so many feel they are speaking for the American people??? I simply hate say Tom's approach of making it personal by saying I know Joe Schmoe so therefore my opinion is less qualified? Yet knows nothing of my family etc.

The facts are my faith in our government(thus my decision) has nothing to do with what OTHERS think. I have made my judgements standing on my own ground...not according to poll results or approval ratings.

Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:11 pm

genesim wrote:I simply hate say Tom's approach of making it personal by saying I know Joe Schmoe so therefore my opinion is less qualified? Yet knows nothing of my family etc.

I did this when??

Tom

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:54 am

uh...a couple of posts up.

Mon May 01, 2006 4:43 am

Yeah, I can put a face and a name on someone who is having to leave his family for 2 years to go fight this useless war for Bush. So what?! I've already lost friends over there; I've seen grieving widows; I've watched kids cry for their fathers; I've walked under too many flag draped coffins. What the Hell is your point?

Tom

Mon May 01, 2006 6:53 am

Hey..uh....only 79 more days until "UltraMan" hits the stores....!!! Woohooo........ uhmmmmm.....guys?

Mon May 01, 2006 7:03 am

Go back and READ what I just wrote.

No matter how many tears you have shed personally, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with this pollitical debate.

Many of us have watched kids cry for their fathers. I have my own personal feelings toward this matter.

Lives are not LOST....like oooppps where did they go??

No the millitary, like myself believe that lives are SPENT for our future.

Blood is shed for our freedom, mine as well as yours. But don't you for a second feel that your grievances are any more important then mine. That is what I mean by getting personal.

So you can put up a name??? So what? If I can't(which actually is not true, you arent the only one with family :roll: ), does that make me any less knowledgeable about the value of human life??

You find the war useless. Well I don't. But try to bring something else to the table then casuality counts(which actually are quite low for the ocupation and overthrow of a established government!!). War brings death, this is not news, and no matter how many names you bring out, it doesn't change the fact that it is liberal flame throwing plain and simple. Instead of tackling the issues, one hops on the theatrics band wagon of ...hey I have so and so that is dying man!! So therefore this war is totally useless???????

Mon May 01, 2006 7:25 am

uh...yeah....

and Lancelot Link comes out on DVD in only 44 days....woo...hoo....

Mon May 01, 2006 8:27 am

You have exactly one featherless, dull dart in your quiver -- it doesn't fly straight and it doesn't stick.

"Liberal flame-throwing" -- come on -- two-thirds of Americans disapprove of his handling of Iraq.

If those are all liberals, Bush must be manufacturing them overnight.

Hell, he actually does better on Iraq than he does overall, according to the polls -- so talk about a piss-poor performance otherwise.

But, hey, it's worth it, right, the grateful Iraqis approve, right? Oops, wait the International Republican Institute just found out that only 1 percent of Iraqis trust American forces to provide them any protection, nearly two-thirds say their nation is more divided than ever before, and more than half say their nation is headed in the wrong direction.

Damn Iraqi liberals, right?

And the parade of generals critizing war planning -- joined this weekend by Colin Powell himself. All liberals, too.

This war is a freaking mismanaged wreck.

Time after time, Bush stands up and says he listens to his generals and will give them what they need. Time after time, generals answer back: Rumsfeld and Bush refuse to give them what they need -- not to WIN the war, mind you, but just to provide adequate protection to our troops and the Iraqis whom Bush claims to care so much about.

What a tragic, tragic mess.

The good news, as usual, from you, as we come out of the deadliest month of the year and the death toll climbs past 2,400 is "Cheer up, 2,400 lives don't amount to sh*t."

Touching sentiment, jerk.